Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Badass 360 Spring Update List
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 01:16

But what difference would it make where you got the update from? If they want to brick modded systems then it' ll be the update itself, not through a Live connection.

The updates for the website are for people who don' t have internet connections.

sorry what was that again? ooookey i got you now , seems like you missunderstood, i can' t be that supid, the reason for seeking another alternative is because i' m already banned, i wasn' t afraid from the update through live that it would brick my xbox, obviously we' re talking about the same file regardless of the way we use it, but now that i think about it , well i don' t think microsoft will brick xboxs for being modded. anyway i only wanted another way to update the dashboard. if somebody knows for sure that this will brick my xbox , please let me know.

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 03:14

the reason for seeking another alternative is because i' m already banned,

Oh, so that' s why you haven' t been on live for so long.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 03:37

3. Introduce expanded Inside Xbox as a portal to news, weather, entertainment, help and community features.
35. Windows Live Mail integration - includes support for Xbox LIVE Vision.
36. Web feeds integration - text, images, audio. Includes support for specific item codes on Marketplace.

Why not just throw in a web browser already...
< Message edited by Mass X -- 15 May 08 19:44:17 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 05:53

Buy a Bdass PC > All
I assume that means you actually have one now?

Why not just throw in a web browser already...
I was expecting this update to have one. Personally, I don' t see the importance of it, but I know a lot of people who bitch about the PS3/Wii having one and not the 360.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 06:43
Why bother? It' ll have less than 512 MB of RAM accessible, and most people will be viewing in 420i. Most midrange PCs are more functional than a 360 browser, and are definitely more functional than a YDL PS3, or one with some other Linux distro.

Anyway... you know it would use Internet Explorer, or a variant on it.[:' (]
kalensglitch

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 23, 2008 07:48
It appears that this really is more of a rumor then fact. There is supposedly no Spring Update this year. He also mentions delisting poor performing XBLA titles. I have not been able to find any more details on this. Have any of you had more luck? I think that this would be a major mistake for Microsoft, but they never seem to really listen to me.

According to Whitten, XBLA titles that have been out for more than six months, have a Metacritic score of less than 65%, and have a conversion rate of less than 6% will be eligible for desliting. Microsoft will give three months of notice before these titles are removed.

Whitten also told us that there would be no spring dashboard update for Xbox 360 owners this year, saying that resources were instead focused on “building the proper infrastructure and scale for the service.” There will however be a change to DRM policy and a tool released next month that will allow 360 owners to re-license content to a single console—finally fixing the issue that forced gamers playing XBLA games to be connected to Xbox LIVE if their 360 broke down and was replaced.

Read on for the complete Q and A, which provides all the details on this news and more, including a new 1st party development studio and why the DRM issue took so long to resolve…

Marc Whitten Interview
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 23, 2008 10:59
No spring update...

That' s like canceling f.ucking Christmas![:' (]
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 23, 2008 19:28

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

well i don' t think microsoft will brick xboxs for being modded.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154778
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread