Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 3 demo' s this week (all 3 demo' s up)
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 08, 2008 00:38

Alijay:

Haze

So, was it broken, or just bland?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 08, 2008 00:39
It' s boring.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 08, 2008 00:53
Bummer.

It was such a great concept too.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 08, 2008 05:48
I dont see any of the demos on US PSN so ill just try again later i guess. I found Echochrome. I tried the demo earlier and it was weird lol.

I guess I am the only one looking forward to playing the Bourne demo. If the hand to hand combat is good, then I just might buy this one.

Im looking forward to it too. Loved the combat in the movies and the game seems to deliver on that as well.
Nitro

RE: 3 demo' s this week (all 3 demo' s up) - May 08, 2008 19:43
Race Driver GRID demo up on XBL.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 09, 2008 03:00
So I checked out the Bourne demo yesterday, and for the most part I really enjoyed it. The hand to hand combat is fantastic, they have done a great job here. Movements are very nice, and the takedowns are as brutal as they should be. There' s nothing better than evading an incoming knife, and then grabbing the guy by the back of his head, feeding him a few punches and then slamming his head into a file cabinet!!!

I will, however, complain about the gun play. It is pretty aweful with the exception of the Weapon Takedowns which give a nice cinematic slow mo look to them. The cover system is good, but the gun play just seems to be a little too loose. After a while I just decided that the best way for my to play the demo was just to run in and go hand to hand with the baddies. Very nice to see that when you are in hand to hand with one guy while others are shooting at you that you not only get hit, but you can position yourself so that the baddie takes the bullets for you. You also get a nice takedown here in which you can spin the baddie around and use him as a human shield.

The driving section was fairly well done as well IMO. Don' t expect any realism here, as your can turn on a dime at any speed using the handbrake.

On the graphical side, Bourne is a very nice looking game. I wish the character models had a little more detail to them, but the environments in the demo all looked beautiful.

All in all I had a lot of fun with the demo because of how well they have implemented the hand to hand combat. That is what I was looking for in this game, and it looks like they have delivered. I will be picking this one up in June.
< Message edited by canadagamer -- 8 May 08 19:03:07 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 09, 2008 05:21
Loved DIRT so looking forward to GRID too.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 09, 2008 05:27
I only had about 5 minutes for grid so only one race. The presentation is so cool even the startup of the race. The controls seem a bit different the Dirt tho I guess going from a BMW street car from a Rally car makes a lot of difference. Will find out about the overall thing. Hard to say right now.
Nitro

RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 09, 2008 08:59
GRID is badass, but Bourne is awful.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 09, 2008 09:06
GRID' s presentation is outstanding! I' m having a little trouble getting used to how slippery the driving is (especially when you get pushed off the track... the way you spin out is overly exaggerated on the grass/sand...). Still, it' s pretty freaking sweet.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 09, 2008 20:57
Does erm, anyone know when a Ninja Gaiden 2 demo is coming?

Been seeing some new gameplay videos and it all looks rather exciting doesn' t it?

" Who are you? And what have you done with Hermione?"

Anyway, so, any news on a demo would be a blessing to my ears.. Not long
now until the game comes out.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 09, 2008 23:28

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Does erm, anyone know when a Ninja Gaiden 2 demo is coming?

Been seeing some new gameplay videos and it all looks rather exciting doesn' t it?

" Who are you? And what have you done with Hermione?"

Anyway, so, any news on a demo would be a blessing to my ears.. Not long
now until the game comes out.

Its going to come out in May thats all what was said .. Hopefully by next week ..
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 10, 2008 15:05
Ok, first Haze. Not good, not bad, just another shooter. The whole Nectar aspect seems interesting, but there wasn' t a whole much you could do with it in the demo.

As far as Bourne, not good. What I thought was cool is that its fast, which goes well with the tone the movies set. Bad thing is, they use the speed to make up the illusion that the game is actually good, which is not. The hand to hand, while fast, has no depth whatsoever. Sure, the takedowns are pretty sweet, but it all reduces to throwing quick jabs, blocking, wait for a takedown, rinse and repeat. There are no more than a handful of combos, which I can count in one hand and they' re are not very cool either. Very disappointed with the combat.

The shooting has been done ten times better in pretty much any other third person shooter, and don' t even get me started on the car chase, that was just awful.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 10, 2008 19:32
I was waiting for the PC demo for GRID and I was all ready to piss and moan about it.....but its actually really good!

The graphics and presentation are of course superb, even on my now ageing PC, and runs smoothly. The motion blur is used really well. The replays are very dramatic, even if you' re driving in a straight line.

The damage modelling is brilliant, best I' ve seen I think. Bits of bumper hang off and flop about realistically, the scratches down the side of your car look brutal, you can tell exactly where you' ve crashed the car. Its cool it effects the handling too.

The other nice bit is the environmental effects like dust being pulled onto the track, smoke effects etc.

I quite like the radio buddy guy, edging you on and telling you when you' ve set a personal best etc.

I was waiting for the PC demo mainly to try it with my wheel - and with a bit of tweaking of the dead zones, linearity, traction and stability control, it started to feel natural. Even the force feedback was nice and punchy, with rumble strip effects etc.

The only thing I didnt like as much was how hyperactive the game' s designed to be, from the handling of the cars (you can brake and turn too well), to the AI taking each other off, to the replays on amphetamines. Its clearly how Codemasters wanted to do things, but you dont need cars flipping about all the time to make the race exciting.

Shaping up to be very fun. I like.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 10, 2008 23:16
I actually liked the driving controls of Bourne more than Grid. Now that' s how I like my cars to grip the road!
Terry Bogard

RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 11, 2008 13:03

So I checked out the Bourne demo yesterday, and for the most part I really enjoyed it. The hand to hand combat is fantastic, they have done a great job here. Movements are very nice, and the takedowns are as brutal as they should be. There' s nothing better than evading an incoming knife, and then grabbing the guy by the back of his head, feeding him a few punches and then slamming his head into a file cabinet!!!

I will, however, complain about the gun play. It is pretty aweful with the exception of the Weapon Takedowns which give a nice cinematic slow mo look to them. The cover system is good, but the gun play just seems to be a little too loose. After a while I just decided that the best way for my to play the demo was just to run in and go hand to hand with the baddies. Very nice to see that when you are in hand to hand with one guy while others are shooting at you that you not only get hit, but you can position yourself so that the baddie takes the bullets for you. You also get a nice takedown here in which you can spin the baddie around and use him as a human shield.

The driving section was fairly well done as well IMO. Don' t expect any realism here, as your can turn on a dime at any speed using the handbrake.

On the graphical side, Bourne is a very nice looking game. I wish the character models had a little more detail to them, but the environments in the demo all looked beautiful.

All in all I had a lot of fun with the demo because of how well they have implemented the hand to hand combat. That is what I was looking for in this game, and it looks like they have delivered. I will be picking this one up in June.

I liked the hand to hand combat too. While it wasn' t super deep, it was fun. Hopefully in the full game you' ll be able to acquire more moves as you proceed through the game, if not, that' s ok too.. I enjoyed it enough to where I kept losing against the final dude on the plane just so I could keep fighting him for a while . I must' ve fought him about 9 times before I decided to finally put him out of his misery and complete the demo the second time around.

The shooting portions sucked to me partly because movement was a bit slow and I couldn' t auto aim. So I always liked it when enemies would approach me so we could drop our weapons and throw hands!

The driving portion was ok. I like the way the car handles but there wasn' t enough going on in that level to make me care about it.

I' ll be picking it up in June too!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 12, 2008 01:39

I liked the hand to hand combat too. While it wasn' t super deep, it was fun. Hopefully in the full game you' ll be able to acquire more moves as you proceed through the game, if not, that' s ok too.. I enjoyed it enough to where I kept losing against the final dude on the plane just so I could keep fighting him for a while . I must' ve fought him about 9 times before I decided to finally put him out of his misery and complete the demo the second time around.

The shooting portions sucked to me partly because movement was a bit slow and I couldn' t auto aim. So I always liked it when enemies would approach me so we could drop our weapons and throw hands!

The driving portion was ok. I like the way the car handles but there wasn' t enough going on in that level to make me care about it.

I' ll be picking it up in June too!

I was starting to think that I was the only one to enjoy the Bourne demo.

I understand that it' s not going to be a AAA game, but I did enjoy the demo quite a bit. What I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I really liked the high pace of the demo.
Nitro

RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 12, 2008 02:19
The hand to hand is... ok... but only because the takedowns look brutal. It could have been a lot better.

The shooting is fuc.king terrible. It' s not even remotely fun and it highlights the fuc.k awful AI.

The driving is just as bad as the shooting.

It' s not fun... it' s rubbish.
Terry Bogard

RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 12, 2008 03:15

I was starting to think that I was the only one to enjoy the Bourne demo.

I understand that it' s not going to be a AAA game, but I did enjoy the demo quite a bit. What I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I really liked the high pace of the demo.

To tell you the truth, being a movie-based game didn' t bode well for Bourne at all to me because I tend to shy away from that stuff. But I took a chance on the demo and was pleasantly surprised by it. The game definitely has its faults, but I enjoyed the action (non-shooting) portions enough to want to experience the full game. Hopefully the shooting portions only take up a small portion of the game.
Taz

• Total Posts : 8
RE: 3 demo' s this week (Haze demo up) - May 12, 2008 07:47
Grids great fun but i was expecting abit more from it to be honest, presentation is good especially the damage but i dont feel as though its a dramatic improvement from dirt. Talking of the visuals, its either gametrailers being realy biased of its a simple cock up, but found this on the old interweb and thought you may all be interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFF-vCGahmU
I think the person who made the video is exagerating quite a bit anyway but hey. If you do abit of searching you can still find the original gt video and ther mistake is quite blatent.

Also just thought hey to you all, ive been perving and spyin on all you guys for about a year and thought it was finally time to contribute
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message