Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Best and Worst of Your Locale
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Best and Worst of Your Locale - Apr 28, 2008 20:09

The Bad: Everything else.

Best: Guinness of course, good nightlife, friendly people, Gaelic Athletic Association, nice and quiet while relatively close to the capital Dublin.

Worst: High cost of living, weather, Silent bitching.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 28 Apr 08 12:30:39 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Best and Worst of Your Locale - Apr 29, 2008 04:54
Best: If you' re willing to head north, or to the east coast (of Michigan), the camping is fantastic. Diverse population.

Worst: High crime and unemployment, worst economy in the country. We' re now Nazi headquarters, and everyone here is dangerously unfit.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Best and Worst of Your Locale - May 09, 2008 05:49
Best: Fantastic night life, great music all over the place. Rangers in the UEFA cup final next week :)

Worst - Ned scumbags.

You know I love the tunes:

Mogwai - Glasgow Mega Snake
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Best and Worst of Your Locale - May 09, 2008 07:18

Worst: High crime and unemployment, worst economy in the country. We' re now Nazi headquarters, and everyone here is dangerously unfit.

Sounds like fun.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 9 May 08 0:43:40 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Best and Worst of Your Locale - May 09, 2008 07:41

You know I love the tunes:

Mogwai

Dude! I didn' t know Mogwai was from Scotland! I love their style. Do you listen to GY!BE?
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Best and Worst of Your Locale - May 09, 2008 09:39
Yeah, there' s a whole airport hanger of bands in that style I love - Godspeed, And you will know us by the trail of dead..., Sigur Ros, Mogwai, and the more metal bands such as Isis, Jesu, Neurosis, Ulva, Swans and Red Sparrowes. I really recommend the Red Sparrowes debut album " At the Soundless Dawn" , a collab between Isis and Neurosis members. It' s all very epic, atmospheric instrumental stuff. They are currently touring too. I just finished a review of an Italian band called Tomydeepestego' s album tonight. It' s very similar, but deliberately more subdued. I prefer bands like Mogwai who really fuzz out and end up as a wall of sound.

Mogwai are actually from Bellshill, which is about 3 miles from my home town of Hamilton. Great band.

You really shouldn' t start me on music man, I would never shut up!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Best and Worst of Your Locale - May 10, 2008 00:25

I prefer bands like Mogwai who really fuzz out and end up as a wall of sound.

To a point. There has to be a dynamic contrast between that crashing wall of sound, and something a little melodic, if not quieter or softer as far as music that I' ll listen to actively. Clubbing and concert music on the other hand... balls to the walls!

You really shouldn' t start me on music man, I would never shut up!

Likewise. Orchestral rock is good stuff, though we' ve got some differing taste in style as far as everything else goes. Odd though, I' m not much into throat, but I' ve been listening to I Love You Even Though You' re a Zombie Now by Johnny Truant. I' m not a big fan of the style, but I can' t get the song out of my head.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message