Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 CTRL-V
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 69
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 16, 2008 00:22

Please, your queer can' t compare to the master. One of the top three comedians of all time. The best rated still alive.

So... who rates humor again?

Anyway. George Carlin appeals to a very specific crowd of people. You happen to be the kind of person George Carlin appeals to, but a real comedian can take anything and present the humor in it.

It' s like he crusades more than he laughs now. I love his older books, Napalm and Silly Putty was one of the best comedy books I' ve ever read. But now, even if you totally agree with him, that doesn' t make it all that funny. He points out what he doesn' t like in society, and gets applause because everybody in the audience agrees, all of them being Carlin fans.

It' s like, okay, we get it George, you' re a pro-choice secular liberal.... a loud one. But by his standard, Rush Limbaugh or Bill O' Reilly should be funny (or credible for that matter) because they present what they don' t like in society in a less-than-serious fashion.

Edit: Your quote was in my clipboard.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 15 Apr 08 16:23:12 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 16, 2008 14:07
It' s not about presenting an agenda, he presents a counter culture. It' s about taking the status quo and shitting all over it. People are mindless drones, the least thought is always put into what the majority thinks. That' s what he opposes. I' ll never get sick of watching him expose the feeble beliefs people cling to. The bullshit we have to tollerate in life is astounding, even if he is only ripping a fraction of it, I consider that progress.

I think he' s fucking hilarious, I can' t watch him without laughing. Even when I disagree with him, I still love it.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0137506/awards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Carlin

http://www.povonline.com/Standup2.htm

http://hubpages.com/hub/The_Top_10_Stand_Up_Comedians_Of_All_Time

http://www.listsofbests.com/list/7844

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedy_Central_Presents:_100_Greatest_Stand-Ups_of_All_Time

Need I go on?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: CTRL-V - Apr 17, 2008 01:01
No. I understand what you' re saying, and the links won' t convince me. It' s like that world-renouned author, singer or actor you can' t stand. Everybody' s got one.

I personally don' t like George Carlin' s delivery. His concepts are fine enough in their own right, he' s got the right to say what he wants about a subject, but the way he presents them irritates me. He repeats words over and over again to drive a point home. He relies on shock humor for laughs (see his list of obscenities/racial slurs sketches, there are quite a few). It' s just not my style.

he presents a counter culture.

But... secularism isn' t a counter-culture any more.

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 16 Apr 08 17:03:57 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 17, 2008 03:55
i have nothing! THE BLEACH DOES NOTHING FOR MY EYES AHHHH
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 17, 2008 04:47

You might not want to, but you come off as a jerk, and most people here see it, and most say so.
Agent Ghost

RE: CTRL-V - Apr 17, 2008 06:00

But... secularism isn' t a counter-culture any more.

I think that' s it right there. You don' t like his religious views so you' re turned off by him completely. Secularism is but one leaf in the tree that is George Carlin.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 17, 2008 06:07

hitori ja nai
Agent Ghost

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: CTRL-V - Apr 19, 2008 00:55

I think that' s it right there. You don' t like his religious views so you' re turned off by him completely.

No, I couldn' t care less about his religous or political views.

One of my favorite comedians is Lewis Black, and he most definitely doesn' t fit my moderate conservative Christian demographic. I disagree with certain things he says, but I still find him incredibly funny.

It really is a preference issue. I don' t like his delivery. There' s nothing wrong with what he states, but he' s like the guy in the office who has an opinion, and while what he presents is funny, kills it with the intensity in which it' s presented. I could go into greater detail on that, but I don' t think there' s much of a need unless you really don' t get what I mean in that regard.

Secularism is but one leaf in the tree that is George Carlin.

I suppose I should rephrase. That' s my bad. Growing up in an extremely conservative family, I tend to use the word secular in an overly broad fashion.

To put things in perspective, amongst my mum' s side of the family I' m a black sheep. I don' t give 2 shits about what gay people do, so long as they aren' t unfairly favored. I don' t support the current president' s administration or our direction in the middle east, I' m pro marijuana taxation/legalization, and I admit that we' re in a recession.

I' m the liberal wacko by comparison.

But I digress.

Let me scratch my entire line about secular non-counter-culture.

George Carlin' s viewpoints really aren' t a counterculture. 30 or 40 years ago, most definitely. Now? He' s not as overwhelmingly overwhelmed as it' s made out to be.

Also, on your comment about people being mindless drones, there are plenty of pro-choice democratic secular working-class morons out there as well. He really doesn' t get the broad scope of idiots our country has to offer.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 18 Apr 08 16:57:24 >
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 19, 2008 01:31

Einhard on

I have no idea what this means, I am on a school laptop and I pushed CTRL-V(actually I pushed apple-V).
< Message edited by Torr -- 19 Apr 08 7:56:16 >
Agent Ghost

RE: CTRL-V - Apr 19, 2008 07:12

Also, on your comment about people being mindless drones, there are plenty of pro-choice democratic secular working-class morons out there as well.

Who' s talking about abortion? I' m not interested in that topic in the slightest. I' m not saying people that are pro-life are mindless drones, I' m saying that people caught up in the argument of both sides are mentally deficient. As far as I' m conserned these social issues are just a smoke screen to hide the real issues. THAT is the hidden message in what Carlin is saying. Our governments have the people squabble over minute steaks, meanwhile they' re stealing the 3 pound steaks. The sooner we agree that human rights stand above prejudices, the sooner we can put our attention on these criminal asshole ripping us off.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 19, 2008 07:29

The best/coolest/sexiest looking console
Chimura

RE: CTRL-V - Apr 19, 2008 08:09

job-647368844@craigslist.org

You can' t have the " first two down" . You have to be consistent. It' s an ongoing proccess that needs more attention than a mother' s tits.
< Message edited by chimura -- 19 Apr 08 2:15:36 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: CTRL-V - Apr 19, 2008 23:04

I' m saying that people caught up in the argument of both sides are mentally deficient.

But.... WE ARGUE OVER IT!

Who' s talking about abortion?

George Carlin. I was connecting to his view of idiots, not yours.

The sooner we agree that human rights stand above prejudices, the sooner we can put our attention on these criminal asshole ripping us off.

That, I can agree with.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 21, 2008 06:18

https://id.konami.net/confirmmailrules.do?tid=06680bf9203b8f78954522141f528e3b

I have the idiotic confirmation email link that just doesn' t want to work in IE7... Only FF... Go Firefox, Go!
< Message edited by Kelvinellenton -- 20 Apr 08 22:21:01 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 21, 2008 06:51

9 Braeburn Drive
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 21, 2008 15:54

Would you take laxatives to get blumpkin?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 21, 2008 18:24
key " HL7.IncomingHttpsMessagePort" not present in the application configuration settings or type mismatch
BareMessage: key " HL7.IncomingHttpsMessagePort" not present in the application configuration settings or type mismatch

Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: CTRL-V - Apr 24, 2008 05:56

Wasn' t necessary? probably wait till you' ve heard the album before coming to that conclusion son! The fact is this album' s pretty different and it' s definately not Gorerotted! Gorerotted was what we were, this is now. The lyrics are nothing to do with Gore so we replaced ' Gore' with ' The' (clever huh!) and musically... well it' s not gonna be popular with the brutal blasting death metal cartel, but thats of no concern. This album probably isnt for them (I hear the new Origin is pretty ***in good if thats the kinda stuff you' re after!)

I dunno who you could compare this album with, all I' ll say is its brutal extreme punk/metal/rock. Has a very British sound and is proper catchy. There was no way we could have forced ourselves to write in the old style just to keep various people happy, we' ve progressed, developed and we basically let the new stuff write itself. As we did it became apparent that we were essentially a new band.

Edit: Interesting thread. i confess the first two times I looked I had nothing on my clipboard to paste, but I was posting the above quote on another forum tonight. Take heed world!
< Message edited by iad umboros -- 23 Apr 08 21:58:10 >
Chimura

RE: CTRL-V - Apr 24, 2008 05:59

http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/12-fran-a.jpg

Don' t I wish bunnies looked like that

< Message edited by chimura -- 23 Apr 08 22:00:35 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 69

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages