Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 big storm advice?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: big storm advice? - Apr 03, 2008 01:07
I love " bad" weather. It was absolutely " awful" on Saturday. I walked out of the department store after picking up some new clothes, and the rain was coming down sideways. Everyone else has their bags over their heads flocking to their cars. I' m just strolling through the parking lot.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: big storm advice? - Apr 03, 2008 01:28
I love sideways rain. It was either sophomore of junior year of cross country we had a hurricane hitting Jacksonville and my coach thought it would be a perfect day to have practice... on a Saturday. So we all showed up at 7:45am to do 400m sprints around the track against 75mph+ winds. Going along the back stretch the wind was behind us so we hauled ass. The finishing stretch... good God. It was a wall of water. Coach just kept yelling " Why the hell are you slowing down?!" . That was one of the best practices ever.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: big storm advice? - Apr 03, 2008 02:02
I LOVE storms... I did a little Hurricane chasing one year and almost got killed so I' ll never do that again! At least I think I won' t, lol..

If I had my way it would rain 4 days a week, every week. But it would be magical rain that doesn' t cause severe flooding.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 2 Apr 08 18:03:36 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: big storm advice? - Apr 04, 2008 23:34
I' d love to go tornado chasing at some point in my life.
kitten

• Total Posts : 197
RE: big storm advice? - Apr 05, 2008 00:03
yeah well storms scare me
I don' t even know why, i get so scared i hide under things. I know technically it wouldn' t save me at all, but blargh, they really frighten me.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: big storm advice? - Apr 05, 2008 00:10
best place to be in a lightning storm is in a car (assuming you haven' t parked under a tree or other similar object) the metal shell of the car acts as a faraday cage so protects from a strike.
Terry Bogard

RE: big storm advice? - Apr 05, 2008 03:54

best place to be in a lightning storm is in a car (assuming you haven' t parked under a tree or other similar object) the metal shell of the car acts as a faraday cage so protects from a strike.

That' s odd, I heard that standing under a tree is the best place to be during a lightning storm.
Rampage99

RE: big storm advice? - Apr 05, 2008 04:19
Trees are fine because the tree will take the blast. Now if you are standing in an open field you' re much more f*cked.
Terry Bogard

RE: big storm advice? - Apr 05, 2008 04:24

Trees are fine because the tree will take the blast. Now if you are standing in an open field you' re much more f*cked.

That' s funny cause I also heard that standing in the middle of a golf course with a nine iron in hand is another great place to be during a lightning storm!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 4 Apr 08 20:25:13 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: big storm advice? - Apr 05, 2008 04:26

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

That' s funny cause I also heard that standing in the middle of a golf course with a nine iron in hand is another great place to be during a lightning storm!

Rampage99

RE: big storm advice? - Apr 05, 2008 04:50
Lol, nice.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: big storm advice? - Apr 05, 2008 05:10
The guy that originally did that got his zipper fused together. They had to cut him out of his pants to treat his burns.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message