Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Feb 27, 2008 04:04

But seriously who could go back to SD now they have got used to HD? Not me. Althuogh I have just bought an old 32" Sony SD CRT to make all my old consoles look a dammn sight smoother.

I don' t think thats possible . I love High-Def have you guys ever seen a football game in High-Def . It' s like being there on the field.

High-Def is the way of the future.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Feb 27, 2008 04:34
In 1080i? Really? It' s better than SD, sure, but I wouldn' t file broadcast HD under " amazing" quite yet.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Feb 27, 2008 05:14

I don' t think thats possible . I love High-Def have you guys ever seen a football game in High-Def . It' s like being there on the field.

High-Def is the way of the future.
Have you ever actually been to a game?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Feb 27, 2008 08:47
Football games smell like sweat, beer and cheap hot-dogs.

I don' t particularly enjoy the scent of any of those.

I' d far rather sit at home, watch the first and last five minutes of the game on my HDTV, and play some games for the remainder of my time.
mikayd2

RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Feb 27, 2008 08:49

Have you ever actually been to a game?

Yes I have . I wanted to go to the super bowl this year. But My wife denied my request she is the party pooper out of the family. Next year I may not have the money to go oh well.

In 1080i? Really? It' s better than SD, sure, but I wouldn' t file broadcast HD under " amazing" quite yet.

Looks great here in america espn comes in 720p and 1080p (Beta). I here the 1080p is in beta testing that would explain they only showed 3 games this season in 1080p. I hope we get more shows like that next year. At least broadcast the super bowl in 1080p.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Feb 27, 2008 09:04

Yes I have . I wanted to go to the super bowl this year. But My wife denied my request she is the party pooper out of the family. Next year I may not have the money to go oh well.

Why not just put away the cash you had for that, or at least some of it. Save up, and be golden for next year?

Looks great here in america espn comes in 720p and 1080p (Beta). I here the 1080p is in beta testing that would explain they only showed 3 games this season in 1080p. I hope we get more shows like that next year. At least broadcast the super bowl in 1080p.

Is it really? Well I' ll be damned. I wasn' t aware people were getting any 1080p, beta or not.
mikayd2

RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Feb 27, 2008 12:36

Why not just put away the cash you had for that, or at least some of it. Save up, and be golden for next year?

Trust me I have a plan but this year is a big year for me. But you never know things may change.

Is it really? Well I' ll be damned. I wasn' t aware people were getting any 1080p, beta or not.

I thought every body got in on that. Must be a time warner thing. But I here lately that the nfl and time warner have been at a disagreement over money and some other things but mainly money. It started with the Colts Vs Pats. My cable box would not record it due to that dam Time warner Vs Nfl fight.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Mar 07, 2008 20:39
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ca6017de-eba6-11dc-9493-0000779fd2ac.aspx?nclick_check=1

Well, at least now it' s official that Sony and Microsoft are talking about it. I hope they' ll offer it as an addon.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Mar 08, 2008 00:17
Like I said before, I can' t imagine them not releasing an add-on player some time in the future. It' s a relatively inexpensive cash cow for them, and far less of an investment than it was for the HD-DVD drives, especially with blu-ray component costs plummetting.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: [RUMOR] Blu-Ray 360 Drive by May - Mar 08, 2008 01:18

At least broadcast the super bowl in 1080p.

At least in North America I know that most networks that are advertising true 1080p, are still upscaling the image or stretching it. I noticed this a lot this year while watching the NFL on either Fox or CBS. You could tell right away that there were only upscaling because on my 62 inch the ticker at the bottom of the screen was cut off, and the score board in the upper left hand corner wasn' t in the corner. It was more like 3 inches to the right.

Saw the same thing during the Super Bowl. Not sure though if this is just caused because of my cable provider, or if the networks are really just upscaling for now.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message