Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 02:31
You sure are..

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 02:35
I dont know anyone who was in the market for a new console these last few months. Several of my friends already have 360s of course.

1 friend bought a PS3 a few months ago after his 360 died for the second time. Didn' t want another 360 due to the lack of good rpgs and the risk of another RROD.

Another friend got a 360 after his house was robbed and lost his PS3! Didn' t replace his PS3 because there weren' t many great games out at the time and he wanted Halo 3.

I' m personally going to reconsider getting a PS3 once MGS4 or FFXIII come out. Currently playing DMC4 on 360.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 03:30
Once God of War 3, FFXIII, and MGS4 make their way onto the PS3 I' ll probably buy it. Until then the console bores me.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 03:42

Once God of War 3, FFXIII, and MGS4 make their way onto the PS3 I' ll probably buy it. Until then the console bores me.

By then, be sure to get Uncharted as well! Amazing game!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 03:53

Though the wii controller that sucks ballz, i had to glue mine together, damn thing was broke when i got it

I guess you and I are the 2 people on earth who really liked the big duke Xbox controller. The black & white button alignment blew, but it was an extremely solid controller.

Can someone tell me if Dualshock PS3 has analog or digital face buttons?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 05:31
I was a fan of the Duke. It took me over a year of the Controller S being out before I finally made the switch to it. the Duke was very solid and fit much better in my hands than the PS controller.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 05:37
I hated that controller. My hands are so tiny I had troubles reaching all the buttons comfortably
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 06:35
I always suspected that the Duke was the result of playtesters who were trying to sabotage Microsoft. " Oh yeah, this thing is great... actually, can you make it a little bigger? And put a big pointless window in the middle of it with the Xbox logo underneath a non-functioning clear plastic dome? Yeaaaahhhhh...."
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 06:42
The 360 pad fits my hands nicely, but DMC4 is making my thumb ache! The PS pad is better for button bashy games.

The original xbox pad was huuuge. Need to be Andre the Giant to find that pad comfy.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 10:13

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Though the wii controller that sucks ballz, i had to glue mine together, damn thing was broke when i got it

I guess you and I are the 2 people on earth who really liked the big duke Xbox controller. The black & white button alignment blew, but it was an extremely solid controller.

Can someone tell me if Dualshock PS3 has analog or digital face buttons?

Sweet. So I' m not the only person who found the duke to be superior, and I don' t think my hands are particularly large (though I' ve never compared). Unlike the S, the Duke allowed me to control 6 possible buttons just with my thumb alone, giving me a definite edge when using it. It was also the most durable and comfortable controller ever.

Probably the worst controller I' ve ever used is the N64 controller. It was flawed in so many ways, the stick used to give my thumb tissue damage after playing extended PD sessions. It also had the durability of a dry stick.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 13:15
I prefered the original Xbox controller for Halo, that' s about it. The S controller wasn' t that great though. The 360 controller is amazing, except for the D pad of course. I also like the Dual shock for different things.

It depends on if you like to plam the controller or grip it with your fingers.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 14, 2008 16:39
I used to swear by the duke but once I got used to the s it was much better for me, and the 360 controller (official) is better still, although most third party ones for the 360 are rubbish ergnomically. I just don' t like the ps controller it has always felt a bit cheap, small and plasticky - and I just can' t get used to the analogue sticks being next to each other.

its impressive that the ps3 has reached that milestone so quickly but to be honest I only know of one person who has one, everyone else has 360s or wiis. I' ve always seen tons of ps3 on the shelves collecting dust and to be honest 360s are now doing the same. Its the wii (and to a slightly lesser extent the DS) that are flying off the shelves.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 15, 2008 00:30
I have to absolutely agree that the N64 controller is the worst ever. What where they thinking when they decided to use that layout? It' s plain stupid that you can never have access to ALL the buttons without changing the way you hold the controller. And plus, that thumbstick was so low quality, I never had a single N64 controller lasting longer than a year before the stick started to wear out.

As for the big XBox controller I also found it to be quite confortable. Maybe it' s because I got so used to the DC controller but to me, the fat XBox joypad seemed like an evolution, simply the next step after the DC controller. I never used the S controller, ever!

Finally, in my opinion, the 360 and PS3 controller are on par. I prefer the 360 controller ergonomically and in my opinion the sticks and shoulder buttons are placed better, but the D-pad obviously sucks and, what I hate the most, is that the face buttons on the 360 controller are a bit too high. They are standing out a bit from the controller, so you have to push them down a longer way and that can become quite tiring.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 15, 2008 00:36

I have to absolutely agree that the N64 controller is the worst ever. What where they thinking when they decided to use that layout? It' s plain stupid that you can never have access to ALL the buttons without changing the way you hold the controller. And plus, that thumbstick was so low quality, I never had a single N64 controller lasting longer than a year before the stick started to wear out.

Meh, I got used to it. Apart from the admittedly near useless D-pad handle, it had enough buttons to more than make up for the failed 3 prong design.

I never had one wear out either, and my friends and I played regularly.

Now, the original Playstation controller... that was a piece of crap.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: UK: PS3 Breaks 1 Mil Faster Than PS2 - Outsells 360 - Feb 15, 2008 00:42
You never had a stick wear out? Did you play Mario Party?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message