Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 03, 2008 09:25

I' ve played Donkey Kong Country on Virtual console and it definitily looks better than it used to.
No more internetz for you.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 03, 2008 10:55

ORIGINAL: emofag

ORIGINAL: Chimura

Alijay stfu

And most good dc games were already ported elsewhere.

Sh!t! You' re alive???

Infidel.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 04, 2008 01:57

quote:

I' ve played Donkey Kong Country on Virtual console and it definitily looks better than it used to.
No more internetz for you.

What would you know about DK on VC, other than having traded me Wiis before I sold mine so you could have my VC games?

Lets hook up your SNES and compare them.
IstillwantShenmue3

• Total Posts : 54
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 04, 2008 19:16
Component is better than composite and vga that' s a fact.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 05, 2008 02:10

Component is better than composite and vga that' s a fact.

You' ve twisted it to something totally different. Yes Component has its advantages on paper compared to VGA (like richer colours) but whats the source?and is it a converted signal inside the box or a True or ' Pure' signal? and how much voltage is consumed for the signal?

The Dreamcast has a high voltage TRUE VGA output just like PC GPU cards and kicks the living crap out of the Wii' s component output..

Think of the Dreamcast VGA being as Pure as ur PC' s VGA output! Play a rom on your PC Via VGA at the same resolution and tell me it doesn' t look alot better than the Same rom running through the Wii.

IVe tested Soul Calibur and Sonic Adventure just to reconfirm myself and the crispness and clarity of the output Kills the Wii' s component No question..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 Feb 08 18:39:09 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 05, 2008 03:50
Hang on... so Donkey Kong Country looks better running on a Wii through component cables on a HDTV than it did running on a SNES through S-Video on a SDTV???

GTFO!!!
IstillwantShenmue3

• Total Posts : 54
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 06, 2008 21:14
I guess it depends on which screens show standard definition stuff better too.
I' ve only played through Composite mostly through every older machine and vga through Dreamcast but the colours through vga were washed out just like the 360' s vga.
I' ve noticed even standard definition stuff that used to look weedy now when they' re on a bigger screen they don' t look weedy and actually look better and this is on a 50 incher.
Even though S video is good, in terms of quality to me it goes, rf, composite, s video, scart, vga, component.
Just sit furthur away when playing standard stuff and closer for hd stuff.
Now even the bigger screens make older stuff look better.
The main reason for me really wanting these games is because i played most of them through composite before and on standard little tv' s, the Australian N64 can' t even get S video, that' s right we were forced to play through total dog do ie composite.
Even the Satun and PSone allowed scart but not the N64.
Maybe the SNES did have s video but if the European N64 didn' t i doubt the SNES did.
But even so component looks far better than s video even on a standard small screen, so they should give it to us this way and for the big screens it would look better too.
It' s not hard for them to make an emulator so i don' t see why not.
You can allways have a smaller screen for the standard definition stuff, but i still want it through component even if i were to get a small one just for standard stuff.
I want them to give us component versions so i can play it the better way.
Even old stuff looks better than it used to through component as apposed to the rest even the closest being vga due to colours, i just can' t get over the washed out colours, everything i' ve put in is washed out PC, Dreamcast and Xbox 360.
I know it' s a minor difference between vga and component but i want component and HDMI versions of these games.
I want perfection, i don' t want to play through a game i havn' t played for so long in allmost the best way i want the best way and there' s no excuse.
I don' t want to play it then get bored of it when they give us the better componen version, that would blow badly, a little too badly.

< Message edited by IstillwantShenmue3 -- 6 Feb 08 13:21:27 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Will Dreamcast games come on Xbox live arcade? - Feb 07, 2008 11:03

in terms of quality to me it goes, rf, composite, s video, scart, vga, component.

...And that' s why you define my reality as I know it.

Well, y' know what? As far as my views on history, in chronological order...

Lincoln Assasination - Moon Landings - Adolf Hitler Dies - Adolf Hitler Born - Dinosours & Shit - Armageddon - Gulf War I - Armageddon (the movie) - The Edge drops his real name

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message