Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 74 of 74
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 02:13
I am actually not interested in KZ2 either. I never played the first one. Though I think most of you know I am not big into shooters by now. Unlike Loco, third person adventures are my playing ground. And Vx, I actually like the Sims on small doses, some racers and Pro Evolution Soccer. And there are some great turn base RPG' s out there. If you ever played FFVII, you would think different of em
< Message edited by chimura -- 2 Feb 08 20:15:53 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 02:25
Killzone 2 is going to own your face!

Chimura

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 02:34

It does look pretty, that much is for certain. I' ll probably rent it and see if it lives up to its potential, at least in my book.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 03:46

I hope they nail the gameplay as well as they did the graphics! Its not like they have a track record.
Nitro

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 04:06
The first game wasn' t terrible. It was above average, but it paled in comparison to Halo 2 and Black. Part of the problem was that it was a technical mess. The art direction and general game design was solid, but it had horrible framerate problems, tons of gameplay affecting bugs that could cause it to crash, awful AI, a lot of pop in and shitty contols.

Most people know it wasn' t a great game, but many who talk about how shit it was haven' t even fucking played it. Since we' ve already seen that game running, we already know that the art direction and general game design is even better than the original and that it' s a graphical masterpiece. I' m not concerned about the contols or the framerate because i think we can be certain that it won' t gold until they' re spot on.

The only things that could disappoint are the gameplay in general and the AI. From what we' ve seen already, the gameplay looks awesome so it' ll be a case of whether they can maintain the kind of pace that makes other shooters so great. They need to keep repetition down and it needs to be a decent length. I' m not sure about the AI. I' m not expecting anything amazing, but i don' t expect them to stand there and no nothing when i shoot at them. They' ve implimented a cover mechanic for both the player and the enemies so if the AI is at least as good as that in Gears there won' t be anything to complain about.

I expect the game to be fantastic, and i think the only competition it actually has is Resistance 2. Killzone looks to be like Gears, but in first-person. Claustrophibic areas filled with small numbers of hard enemies onscreen - with a cover mechanic. Resistance 2 will be going for shit tons of soft enemies on screen and more open battlefields. Killzone has a style advantage, but Resistance already had a hardcore userbase to tap. There' s a possibility that Sony' s ' Halo' will actually be the Resistance franchise as opposed to Killzone. It depends on how well K2 does.
Vx Chemical

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 05:11
AC was looking fantastic all the way to release, its pretty, fluent and boring. Devs only show the very best parts
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 05:54

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Assassin' s creed was pretty good

First of, thats probably one of the worst 3rd person action games right there.

Repetetive!? Its the most varied genre of all. There is a mile of difference between Prince of Persia and Gears of War, both really great games.

Obviously different games are different, it is repetetive within the game. Gears of War doesn' t fall in that category, it is a third person shooter. And really you shouldn' t quote just part of what I said about assassin' s creed. It got boring and I didn' t finish it. And I don' t see how assassin' s creed is one of the worst....
Vx Chemical

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:01

And I don' t see how assassin' s creed is one of the worst....

Okay its one of the worst that was succesful in getting people to play the game!

The thing is, you said 3rd person action game, which is virtually every single game featuring a 3rd person viewpoint.

Drake' s Fortune controls nearly like gears with elements of PoP on the side, does that make it a 3rd Person Shooter Action Adventure?

I think ill go for the all around title, 3rd person action game.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:05

I agree. It' s annoying when people dismiss KZ2 because of KZ. KZ2 isn' t even being released on the same console.
Nitro

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:08
How is Assassins Creed a bad game?

Sure, it gets repetative after a while but so did Crackdown... and that' s a freaking amazing game.

The biggest issue i have with Assassins Creed is the combat. It' s not awful, but it could have been far better. More mission variety would have been nice, but what we got wasn' t bad. Calling it a bad game is daft.
Chimura

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:22

I agree. It' s annoying when people dismiss KZ2 because of KZ. KZ2 isn' t even being released on the same console.

I am not dismissing KZ2 cause of KZ. I never played the first one cause I didn' t get a chance too. I am not a big fan of FPS, but that doesn' t mean I won' t try one if it looks like I might like it.

I don' t judge the next game in a series because one of them wasn' t as good. I bought DMC3 and I am buying DMC4, and I didn' t like DMC2.

Sure, it gets repetative after a while but so did Crackdown... and that' s a freaking amazing game.

The biggest issue i have with Assassins Creed is the combat. It' s not awful, but it could have been far better. More mission variety would have been nice, but what we got wasn' t bad. Calling it a bad game is daft.

I don' t think it was bad either. I just thought there was a lot of untaped potential there. The mission variety did kill it for me though, but I did like the combat. And free running is just grand!
< Message edited by chimura -- 2 Feb 08 22:25:49 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:36

it might not be a bad game, but its certainly not a fantastic game either. Its very repetive, meaning you dont want to play from end to end in it.

I do seem to recall you, in some thread saying you would have given the game a 4 though
Nitro

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:47
Oh yeah...

Uh...

Ahum... Assassins Creed sucks ballz!!!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 07:38
There are more specific genres that use a third person persective that dont' fall under third person action game, like RPG' s, third person shoooters, etc.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 74 of 74

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message