Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 74 of 74
canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 06:13
I agree with you completely Dagashi.

I do see as well that there are a lot more PS3 titles coming out this year than there are 360 titles so far. It' s almost looking like the opposite of last year.

So far on the 360 this year I am looking forward to:

Alan Wake
Lost Oddysey
Gears of War 2 (You just know this one is out this year)
GTA IV

On the PS3:

Killzone 2
Little Big Planet (Just a phenomenal new IP)
Resistance 2
Final Fantasy (Dev has said that there will be a demo and the game this year)
MGS4
HOME (It should finally be ready this year, shouldn' t it)
Devil May Cry 4
Heavy Rain (I hope it makes 2008)
The Agency

What will really be the tell tale sign is to see which console multiplatform games are bought on. Can you really see the 360 losing ground to the PS3 when it comes to this?
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 13:08
DMC4 and GTA4 are both multiplatform.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 14:47
There were so many great 360 games in 2007 I haven' t played yet I won' t need any in 2008.

But really none of the PS3 titles coming out interest me.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 15:30

How so? They cover almost every genre of gaming with what looks to be the best titles in their class for 2008.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 20:42

Ghost Squad

Got this as one of my Presents for my Brithday Today, It' s actually a bloody good game as far as Lightgun games go, Probably the up their with the top 3 ive played.

I was talking about Mario and Super Smash titles.Last mario game was released when? on 1996? (dont know about you but i dont count Mario Sunshine as a true sequel to M64)
And as far as i know theres only one Super Smash title per console so you wont see the next one after Brawl until the next console.

I dont visit other forums lol. Im busy with my studies that i have time to only visit this forum from time to time and post a couple of times every now and then.

Well yeah, Nintendo always take their time with their biggest franchises they always have so much to live up to, i wuldnt want Them to release these every other year the quality would be prone to drop..

Good luck with your studies BTW!
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 29 Jan 08 12:44:52 >
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 21:49

ORIGINAL: Virtua Fighter 5

Got this as one of my Presents for my Brithday Today, It' s actually a bloody good game as far as Lightgun games go, Probably the up their with the top 3 ive played.

Huh?

I adore lightgun games and as far as i' m concerned (the arcade) Ghost Squad ranks pretty damn low...

Time Crisis 4
House of the Dead III
House of the Dead 4
Virtua Cop 3
Time Crisis 3
Virtua Cop II
House of the Dead 2
Time Crisis II
Silent Scope
Confidential Mission
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
House of the Dead
Virtua Cop
Link' s Crossbow Training
Time Crisis
Ghost Squad
Vampire Night
Silent Scope 2
Silent Scope 3

...is the Wii version hugely different?

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 30, 2008 02:51

Well yeah, Nintendo always take their time with their biggest franchises they always have so much to live up to, i wuldnt want Them to release these every other year the quality would be prone to drop..

Good luck with your studies BTW!

Thanks a bunch mate.

Virtua fighter 5
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 30, 2008 04:09

I adore lightgun games and as far as i' m concerned (the arcade) Ghost Squad ranks pretty damn low...

I dunno, maybe i need to replay some of the classics again to compare (that list has brought back some slick combo-based classics back to memory).

One thing i know, Wii Ghost Squad is really enjoyable to play, unlike the last few LGs games i owned (umbrella chronicles and Links crossbow). I found UC way to slow and boring IMO, while LCT was good but nothing special or great, also like the setting and the structures of the levels and the music in GS.. Played it for a good few hours in one sitting too and thats unusual for me..

UC made me think that Wii couldn' t possibly recreate the pin-point accuracy of a real light gun but GS has proved me wrong. Can play it in non-courser mode flawlessly, SEGAs did a much better job of translating the light-gun controls over to the Wiimote Much better than Both Capcom and Nintendo. So I expect Wii HOTD pack to be tight !!

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Thank you! Im 30 OMFG!!! time flys for sure.. last thing i remeber was constanly playing SEGA master system on a crappy Tube TV... Now 15 years on and im getting excited to play SMS again (on VC).. i will never change..!!

Thanks a bunch mate.

NP, just make sure you don' t play too many games like i did, get all the education u can!

(fuck i' m starting to sound like my Dad now)
Currently playing:
FSX (P

locopuyo
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 30, 2008 11:20

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

How so? They cover almost every genre of gaming with what looks to be the best titles in their class for 2008.

Turn based RPGs are very boring. None of the FPS on PS3 interest me in the least. There aren' t any good RTS' s coming out for PS3. All that leaves is third person action games which I don' t care for. Oh, and gran tourismo, but I don' t like customizable car games like that.
There are a few multiplatform games that are a little interesting, but they' ll be better on 360 anyways.

Agent Ghost
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 01, 2008 01:40
Loco I find it hard to believe that you' re not interested in Killzone 2.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 01, 2008 02:12

Killzone 2.

" Killzone 1 sucked before, what makes you think we wanted more"
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 01, 2008 02:39

that leaves is third person action games which I don' t care for

How cant you like those?

The only games people are allowed to dislike are (some are genres some are specifics):

The Sims
Sports Games
Racing games (unless they are futuristic)
Party Games
Movie based games

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 01, 2008 03:40

The Sims
Sports Games
Racing games (unless they are futuristic)
Party Games
Movie based games

You forgot turnbased RPG' s
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Vx Chemical
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 01, 2008 04:00

You forgot turnbased RPG' s

Correct!

Virtua fighter 5
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 01, 2008 04:22

Topic reply of the Year!! So true there.
Currently playing:
FSX (P

locopuyo
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 01, 2008 12:09

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

that leaves is third person action games which I don' t care for

How cant you like those?

There are way too many of them and they' re almost all ho-hum average or crap. Assassin' s creed was pretty good if you want to bundle it into that category, but I' m not excitedly looking forward to the sequal. I actually haven' t even played it that much, probably only 5 hours.
I liked the first Splinter Cell and kind of liked the sequals, but didn' t play them much.

Third person action games are almost always repetative. They bore me.

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 02, 2008 21:15

NP, just make sure you don' t play too many games like i did, get all the education u can!

(*** i' m starting to sound like my Dad now)

Vx Chemical
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 02, 2008 21:30

Assassin' s creed was pretty good

First of, thats probably one of the worst 3rd person action games right there.

Repetetive!? Its the most varied genre of all. There is a mile of difference between Prince of Persia and Gears of War, both really great games.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 00:20
The only PS3 games I want right now are MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet. And its shocking that only one is a new concept, albeit a very cool one. Rag Doll Kung Fu was awesome.

Im not sure about FFXIII - although I bought IX, X and X-2, I haven' t really enjoyed a FF since VII.

Not that bothered about Killzone 2 or Resistance 2, and Gran Turismo needs something new apart from online - cos PD are far too late to the online racing scene imo.

Heavy Rain is the other one, but all I have to go on is an E3 trailer and Quantic' s track record with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. (Its the same with Alan Wake I suppose.)

I have to buy a PS3 first though!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 00:52

Killzone 2.

Ahem...

The game' s look was the most stunning thing about it. Much like Resistance Fall of Man, it wasn' t anyone thing that really stood out (though the lighting effects were just plain stunning) but rather the combination of everything you were seeing. There was so much detail, so much activity that it was hard for you to take it all in as it happened.

I think Killzone 2 is probably the most impressive game I' ve seen so far at E3.

-Brian Crecente - Kotaku.com

the stellar lighting, which was shown off in a variety of ways. We saw subtle touches, ranging from the heat glow given off of metal when it' s shot at, to the way muzzle flashes from you and your enemies light up the areas around you. The lightning arcs that lit up the sky in the game managed to be both dramatic and subtle with light and shadow dancing around in dramatic fashion.

The gameplay looks solid and immersive, with some very cool bits of polish in the form of animation, physics, and interactivity that enhanced the familiar first-person action in some interesting ways. The visuals are extremely impressive and rank among the best we' ve seen on the hardware to date.

-Torrez/Gerstmann - Gamespot.com

The opening was once again fantastic, but we couldn' t help but sit there and think, " When are we finally going to see some in-game footage?" The only thing was that we had been looking at in-game footage. As soon as our soldier hits the ground and his gun comes into view, very much like what we saw with the opening to Resistance, we couldn' t help but think, " Holy hell, all of that was in-game?"

Indeed, it' s quickly apparent that Guerilla has come much closer to the original trailer than most anyone thought possible. It' s not 100% identical to be sure, but there are times (quite often) when it' s really, really damn close.

The lighting is also smoother (Than Gears of War). While UE3 games like Gears boast realtime lighting for everything, Killzone 2' s lighting scheme mixes realtime and pre-canned lighting for an extremely smooth and, frankly, extremely impressive lighting model. The art direction, what with its dark colors and overly-gritty feel, keep the game from looking " real" , but that doesn' t mean it isn' t absolutely immersive. I will personally say that I can' t remember seeing a more impressive lighting model than this. More realistic? Maybe. But more impressive? No.

-Chris Roper - PS3 IGN

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 02:13
I am actually not interested in KZ2 either. I never played the first one. Though I think most of you know I am not big into shooters by now. Unlike Loco, third person adventures are my playing ground. And Vx, I actually like the Sims on small doses, some racers and Pro Evolution Soccer. And there are some great turn base RPG' s out there. If you ever played FFVII, you would think different of em
< Message edited by chimura -- 2 Feb 08 20:15:53 >

Nitro
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 02:25
Killzone 2 is going to own your face!

Chimura
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 02:34

It does look pretty, that much is for certain. I' ll probably rent it and see if it lives up to its potential, at least in my book.

Vx Chemical
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 03:46

I hope they nail the gameplay as well as they did the graphics! Its not like they have a track record.

Nitro
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 04:06
The first game wasn' t terrible. It was above average, but it paled in comparison to Halo 2 and Black. Part of the problem was that it was a technical mess. The art direction and general game design was solid, but it had horrible framerate problems, tons of gameplay affecting bugs that could cause it to crash, awful AI, a lot of pop in and shitty contols.

Most people know it wasn' t a great game, but many who talk about how shit it was haven' t even fucking played it. Since we' ve already seen that game running, we already know that the art direction and general game design is even better than the original and that it' s a graphical masterpiece. I' m not concerned about the contols or the framerate because i think we can be certain that it won' t gold until they' re spot on.

The only things that could disappoint are the gameplay in general and the AI. From what we' ve seen already, the gameplay looks awesome so it' ll be a case of whether they can maintain the kind of pace that makes other shooters so great. They need to keep repetition down and it needs to be a decent length. I' m not sure about the AI. I' m not expecting anything amazing, but i don' t expect them to stand there and no nothing when i shoot at them. They' ve implimented a cover mechanic for both the player and the enemies so if the AI is at least as good as that in Gears there won' t be anything to complain about.

I expect the game to be fantastic, and i think the only competition it actually has is Resistance 2. Killzone looks to be like Gears, but in first-person. Claustrophibic areas filled with small numbers of hard enemies onscreen - with a cover mechanic. Resistance 2 will be going for shit tons of soft enemies on screen and more open battlefields. Killzone has a style advantage, but Resistance already had a hardcore userbase to tap. There' s a possibility that Sony' s ' Halo' will actually be the Resistance franchise as opposed to Killzone. It depends on how well K2 does.

Vx Chemical
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 05:11
AC was looking fantastic all the way to release, its pretty, fluent and boring. Devs only show the very best parts

locopuyo
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 05:54

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Assassin' s creed was pretty good

First of, thats probably one of the worst 3rd person action games right there.

Repetetive!? Its the most varied genre of all. There is a mile of difference between Prince of Persia and Gears of War, both really great games.

Obviously different games are different, it is repetetive within the game. Gears of War doesn' t fall in that category, it is a third person shooter. And really you shouldn' t quote just part of what I said about assassin' s creed. It got boring and I didn' t finish it. And I don' t see how assassin' s creed is one of the worst....

Vx Chemical
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:01

And I don' t see how assassin' s creed is one of the worst....

Okay its one of the worst that was succesful in getting people to play the game!

The thing is, you said 3rd person action game, which is virtually every single game featuring a 3rd person viewpoint.

Drake' s Fortune controls nearly like gears with elements of PoP on the side, does that make it a 3rd Person Shooter Action Adventure?

I think ill go for the all around title, 3rd person action game.

Agent Ghost
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:05

I agree. It' s annoying when people dismiss KZ2 because of KZ. KZ2 isn' t even being released on the same console.

Nitro
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:08
How is Assassins Creed a bad game?

Sure, it gets repetative after a while but so did Crackdown... and that' s a freaking amazing game.

The biggest issue i have with Assassins Creed is the combat. It' s not awful, but it could have been far better. More mission variety would have been nice, but what we got wasn' t bad. Calling it a bad game is daft.

Chimura
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:22

I agree. It' s annoying when people dismiss KZ2 because of KZ. KZ2 isn' t even being released on the same console.

I am not dismissing KZ2 cause of KZ. I never played the first one cause I didn' t get a chance too. I am not a big fan of FPS, but that doesn' t mean I won' t try one if it looks like I might like it.

I don' t judge the next game in a series because one of them wasn' t as good. I bought DMC3 and I am buying DMC4, and I didn' t like DMC2.

Sure, it gets repetative after a while but so did Crackdown... and that' s a freaking amazing game.

The biggest issue i have with Assassins Creed is the combat. It' s not awful, but it could have been far better. More mission variety would have been nice, but what we got wasn' t bad. Calling it a bad game is daft.

I don' t think it was bad either. I just thought there was a lot of untaped potential there. The mission variety did kill it for me though, but I did like the combat. And free running is just grand!
< Message edited by chimura -- 2 Feb 08 22:25:49 >

Vx Chemical
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:36

it might not be a bad game, but its certainly not a fantastic game either. Its very repetive, meaning you dont want to play from end to end in it.

I do seem to recall you, in some thread saying you would have given the game a 4 though

Nitro
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 06:47
Oh yeah...

Uh...

Ahum... Assassins Creed sucks ballz!!!

locopuyo
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Feb 03, 2008 07:38
There are more specific genres that use a third person persective that dont' fall under third person action game, like RPG' s, third person shoooters, etc.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 74 of 74