Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EDGE magazine Scores
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 24, 2007 10:45
I used to really like Edge too.

Im playing through Crysis now and IMO its certainly not just a new Engine, but a game that pushes immersion and Sandbox gaming Further than ever.

In no other FPS have i felt soo free to take on missions in different ways and in no way have i seen this much freedom and scope. Gameplay is MUCH, MUCH deeper than Farcry ever was. there' s 10s and 10s of combinations ive used to attack / get around enemies the Nano suit is Excellent if used properly and adds so much depth to the game and works so well. I couldnt imagine the game with out it.

Love the Level variations too, very subtle but soo authentic, going from one task to the other can last hours (without loading once) if you play it stealthy going through misty swamps, little forests and up and down creeks slowing making your way through, around massive areas on foot. The first game to actually make me feel like Ive traveled miles but always kept me on edge..

Really need a great PC to fully appreciate it, because now Crysis have put me in the Zone where Both Gameplay and Graphics work together to create an experience ive not witnessed until now..
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 24, 2007 10:55

Anyway, i' m 4 1/2 hours into Mass Effect and i' m seriously impressed, ...if not in awe.

The story is engaging and genuinely interesting, the character models are nothing short of sublime, the voice acting is perfect, the sheer attention do detail is overwhelming, and it looks fantastic to boot.

It' s a benchmark for western RPG' s.

That said, it comes with the usual Bioware traits:

* Inconistent framerate
* Tearing (although the severity depends on what cables you' re using)
* Collision detaction problems
* Terrible NPC AI

I got out of a lift and noticed Ashley wasn' t following me, so i tried the regroup command, nothing happened, ...so i tried the move to command, ...nothing happened. Anyway, after mesing about trying to unblock her for a minute or two she tells me that the terrain is too rough?

WTF? It' s a fookin lift darlin, with a laser cut floor!

Then i noticed that my AI teammates constantly take up the spot i was to use in combat and i have to manually move them. That' s a pain.

The issues aren' t game breaking, but they do stop the game from being a 10/10.

Obviously i need to finish the game, but so far i' d say giving it a 7 would be criminal. It' s not as polished and balanced a Super Mario Galaxy, but it' s easily one of the best games this year, if not the past two years.

I would give it about an 8 (from what ive played) but if people where to give it higher i wouldnt argue as story-intereation might appeal more to other people and ME does it soo well.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 24, 2007 11:14

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

I would give it about an 8 (from what ive played) but if people where to give it higher i wouldnt argue as story-intereation might appeal more to other people and ME does it soo well.

Well so far i' d at least deduct a whole point for the minor issues, because they could have been ironed out with more playtesting and tweaking. It would have pushed it into next year, but it would have been a 10/10 so...

The framerate is very inconsistent, but it' s not actually bothering me because eveything is so epic. It should probably have been a locked 30fps like Halo 3/PGR4, but again, it' s somthing i can look past.

The first mission (Eden Prime) is dull. It was a bad way to start the game. But everything else i' ve seen so far has been superb.

It actually reminds me more of Omnikron than KOTOR...
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 24, 2007 12:37
Of course Galaxy got a 10. It only deserves an 9, but it gets the free pass because it cant be compared to next gen games since its on last gen hardware.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 24, 2007 18:36

The first mission (Eden Prime) is dull. It was a bad way to start the game. But everything else i' ve seen so far has been superb.

Amen to that, i wasn' t impressed at that mission, specialy by the graphics that were average if not ugly, but once you start reaching other planets it feels so damn good, did you guys turn off the " noise" in graphic option, i did it for the first few hours of the game and now i turned it back on again, but it makes the game have some feeling, mix that with the music, and you think you' re in the old school sc-fic movie, it' s really fantastic. Mass effect graphic is a miss and hit but much more of the latter.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 24, 2007 19:00
I wouldnt call Mass effects graphic for a miss or a hit.

Its perfect,some stuff are fucking amazing and the bad are just good/great.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 24, 2007 20:12
i said : " but much more" of the latter ... and the texture pop in is annoying.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 24, 2007 20:28

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

did you guys turn off the " noise" in graphic option, i did it for the first few hours of the game and now i turned it back on again, but it makes the game have some feeling, mix that with the music, and you think you' re in the old school sc-fic movie, it' s really fantastic.

Agreed Aba. I absolutely love the movie grain setting. Screenshots can' t really convey how awesome it looks in motion.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 25, 2007 01:40
Mass Effect is clearly at least a 9, giving it an 8 is asinine, giving it a 7 is crazy. It seems to me like a ploy from EDGE to get attention.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 24 Nov 07 17:41:28 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: EDGE magazine Scores - Nov 25, 2007 04:06
I don' t, nor have I ever read Edge. Is it a UK mag?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message