Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft To Lose First Party Title???
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 12, 2007 16:32
Well i don' t think sega would cancel shenmue online, They wouldnt do that to us... would they :' ( There more likely to make us wait another 5 years.

And as for th image, Yeah i guess so but xbox already has that bad fratboy image so how can they go worse then that.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 12, 2007 17:14
Shenmue online would be a disaster. It doesnt have the mainstream appeal to make it in that genre.
Grant Delmore

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 12, 2007 18:43
But dude its shenmue o.O
Ima get it no matter what just so it gets more money and hopefully the pull it needs to get shenmue 3 finally started, because dam i wanna know what happens with that sword.

And how would it be a dissaster the fighting in shenmue was great o.o and the trailer sure did look fun.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 12, 2007 18:53
I know but a Shemue mmo would be stupid, since its a very story based game, you wouldnt get half the story out of it then a standard game, and it would be 10 times more expensive to make if you want quality.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 12, 2007 19:30
I think you' re right Vx (unfortunately). The game is too different for most out there when it comes to online games. Kind of a pity since it could' ve offered something else besides the regular MMO' s that are around now. The last thing I heard was that Yu was working on it with a team of 300 people or so. And some stuff about thousands of cutscenes being made for the game O_O But in the end, it isn' t really the usual type of fantasy. Blizzard once said that it seemed as if the customer only wanted something like that, other things likely fail...

I think that much of Shenmue Online could be ruined in the end by immature people who only care about " leveling" . It would probably be hard to really get into the story with kids running around yelling noob etc. Having an instanced world would be preferred by me at least. I don' t know if this was the case or not.
Grant Delmore

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 12, 2007 19:50
I thought it was just a online fighter o.O
Edit: Well i thought that since i only saw the first demo they ever had that was just fighting, But i just watched the 13minet one that i somehow never saw from 2006 o.o http://vision.ameba.jp/watch.do?movie=517077
To me it seems liek there probably gonna have a 10 minet story mode at the start of online dictating what ryo does at the end of shenmue2, Makes a plan the heads to lanh di *thats in the trailer near the end where you see him infront of the goons holding joy as bargaining for the phoenix mirror, Then as you can see a online player jumps and stops the trade. then you see hundreds of players join, I mean to me that looks like the start of the game, Itll probly zoom around that movie till it shows a blank canvas then you create your character. Well those are my impressons anyway, From the trailer im strongly suspecting no shenmue 3 in name anyway.
< Message edited by grant delmore -- 12 Nov 07 12:11:31 >
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 12, 2007 21:55

ORIGINAL: Grant Delmore

I thought it was just a online fighter o.O
Edit: Well i thought that since i only saw the first demo they ever had that was just fighting, But i just watched the 13minet one that i somehow never saw from 2006 o.o http://vision.ameba.jp/watch.do?movie=517077
To me it seems liek there probably gonna have a 10 minet story mode at the start of online dictating what ryo does at the end of shenmue2, Makes a plan the heads to lanh di *thats in the trailer near the end where you see him infront of the goons holding joy as bargaining for the phoenix mirror, Then as you can see a online player jumps and stops the trade. then you see hundreds of players join, I mean to me that looks like the start of the game, Itll probly zoom around that movie till it shows a blank canvas then you create your character. Well those are my impressons anyway, From the trailer im strongly suspecting no shenmue 3 in name anyway.

No. It' s a MMORPG akin to Star Wars: Galaxies not an online beat-em-up.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 02:09

Then as you can see a online player jumps and stops the trade

Yeah, after what is apparently the longest typed-in log-in in the history of games!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 02:14
If it' s Huxley I' ll shoot myself.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 05:40
In Shenmue' s case, I' ll rather have an ending to the story. Though the trailers do look alright, I still see no point in it being an online game. Many people have been waiting for the next chapter in the saga, I for one am one of them and I really want to see what' s next, but not in this fashion.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 05:50

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

If it' s Huxley I' ll shoot myself.

Nah, ...it' s more than likely the Marvel MMO.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 09:55
confirmed not too human or alan wake (they couldn' t be , not 1st party) , not banjo ... i doubt a journalist in a reputable magazine will spit such bullshit so balantly, but may be he confuses second party and 1 st party or may be he' s judging a game to be important while it' s not.
Grant Delmore

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 10:11
Well i for one think the move to online was kinda natural, Imagine it how i do, Your walking down the road and some other players like " Would you like to try a game of lucky hit" Or say you walk into a bar and some player there is like " I am the best Darts player in the world" i mean online works so well for the minigame aspects.
Im still trying to figure out if there gonna have action sequences still, And how would they implement them, I mean you cant have 50 players at once pushing over the same box or waiter now can you.
The fighting seems good, I hope they let you fight just anyone anywhere *with permission from both people of course*
The game would just rule. And if it doesn' t i will buy it anyway ;)

As for the actual topic, Whatever has been cancelled i don' t think its gonna be something big :\
Chimura

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 10:20
Here is this link I found:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26038789&sid=6182746&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1
It' s from gamespot' s rumor control, but they confirm that certain games, such as Alan Wake and Too Human ain' t the ones getting chopped. Doesn' t say which one will unfortunately.
Grant Delmore

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 10:31
Nice info from gamespot.
What other games are there then :\
Chimura

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 10:32
There is a bunch of them, just that I don' t remember and I am too lazy to re-read the article anyway
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 13, 2007 22:37
I read somewhere , its interstellar marines or some shit . Never heard of it .
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 14, 2007 03:01
I will be infuriated if it comes true, but I have a feeling that it might be Huxley.
Chimura

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 14, 2007 03:06
Huxley is the fps mmo, right?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 14, 2007 03:11

ORIGINAL: Chimura

Huxley is the fps mmo, right?

Yes.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45

Jump to: