Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Uncharted demo up on PSN (NOW WORKING ON NON-US CONSOLES!!!)
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 73
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 11, 2007 07:49

Have you tried the demo yet Virtua?

what do ya think?

One of the first things i test before i play a 3rd person game is slowly move the Camera 360 degrees from left to right and test for any tearing or Jerking..and unfortunately i did notice some jerking and tearing (i expected it to be super smooth but nevermind).

Then i tested the levels of response from the left Stick to see how many levels of movement Drake had and i liked it. 3 levels of Analogue creep-to-walk-to-sprint So the very Basics passed my test

Down to the game itself.

AI seemed really good and the level layouts are interesting and authentic, Drake animates really well and controlled really natural too.

The gunfighting system is really well implemented and seemed to take the best of both Toomraider and GOW and fine-tuned them to perfection.

Yeah, think I' m gonna get this game.. It' s got my interest.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 11, 2007 18:53
Whats your PSN Virtua?
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 11, 2007 18:58
ninsega
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 00:04
ah so thats who it is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 00:57
I had a dream I' d gotten a PS3 in a contest, and a copy of Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune...

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 05:22
the game is amazing to be sure... What i think is impressive is the shadows, they do not seem to shimmer so much likeheavenly sword, the shadows of foliage is so clear and great.
When Drake gets wet is also very good looking... And also i am glad they seem to have sorted out the floating he seemed to do, even when it comes to stepping on the enemies, sure there is little bits here and there, but on the whole very impressive..

Can' t wait for it to release
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 22:22

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

One of the first things i test before i play a 3rd person game is slowly move the Camera 360 degrees from left to right and test for any tearing or Jerking..and unfortunately i did notice some jerking and tearing (i expected it to be super smooth but nevermind).

Oh well aren' t you the elitist little videogame scientist.

You' d prefer a solid 60 frames per second and mouse and keyboard control too right? And i bet you would turn your nose up at playing a fighting game using a gamepad too, insisting on official arcade sticks, or even insisting that home ports can in no way match the quality, feel or atmosphere of the arcade original :/

What kind of display are you using Mr i' d-love-to-lick-Akiras-sweaty-balls?

Then i tested the levels of response from the left Stick to see how many levels of movement Drake had and i liked it. 3 levels of Analogue creep-to-walk-to-sprint So the very Basics passed my test

3 whole levels eh?

Did you ever test how many Kameo had?

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter

Down to the game itself.

AI seemed really good and the level layouts are interesting and authentic, Drake animates really well and controlled really natural too.

Um, the AI is piss weak buddy, even on hard. If enemies standing still, ducking behind cover and barely moving and jumping from side to side impresses you then i' m sorry chuck i just cant take your ass seriously.

And the level layouts are authentic? To jungles on islands near the Bermuda Triangle? Really? How do you know?

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 22:40
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 06:10
Wow, I am new and all, but Teardrop, you' re pretty hostile [:' (]

Anyway, I think by playing the Uncharted demo, Naughty Dog succeeded in many more ways than what they might have actually failed at. Actually, failed seems like a rather harsh word in this case, as nothing is bad, just some aspects are not as excellent as others and therefore pop out more than what they would if the game was just complete boloney or just ok.
Nitro

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 06:15
I wish you could swat-turn betwee pillars. That' d be cool. In fact, i think it' d be hard to develop a cover system as robust as the one in Gears. Uncharted just kinda emulates it and only half succeeds.
Chimura

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 06:35
Yeah, the Gears cover system is pretty damn good. I didn' t think Uncharted' s was bad though. I guess what really sold it for me is how everything was meshed together well, I can' t complain there. And I can see ND improving for the sequel.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 07:41
Who' s alter-ego is teardrop? Al these new members who know so much about me is confusing me.

3 whole levels eh?

Did you ever test how many Kameo had?

I was gonna mention Kameo but left it out as Rare are known to have the basic' s in place anyway (being Nintendo-style / driven games and all)..

I really enjoyed Kameo, infact alot more than any 360 launch title.

All the rest of your ' arguments' are just opinions and thanks for giving them. shame that i actually like the game.

Chimura

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 07:49
I never managed to snag a copy of Kameo. I took up PDZ and was actually a little disappointed afterwards, good game, but not on par with the original by any means. Is Kameo really a good buy? Because just like Folklore, that game caught my attention from day 1, just never had the chance to pick it up.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 07:58
Kameo was a great game that was drowned in the hype of other launch titles. Yes it was on the short side but the original Ideas Rare put forward were well implemented. Ashame they can' t continue to make more games like this but they won' t sell on 360

I bet rare would do anything to go back to Nintendo and let their creative flair blossom. Rare have all these ideas but their with the wrong Company IMO.

(i feel their frustration)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 08:11

ORIGINAL:Teardrop

I' ve had a bad day, & I' d love to go off on someone right now, namely you. However I' m of the opinion that there' s better ways of communication than flame or random aggression, so I' ll attempt to be as polite as possible.

Please pick a new avatar, one not in the file that said " Only Use These if it is YOUR Avatar" . So far as I know, that one doesn' t belong to you, nor do you have permission to use it (correct me if I' m wrong). I had to double take 3 times in the past half an hour to make sure it wasn' t Nitro acting like an overly-aggressive asshat.

Second order of business, if you' ve got something negative to say, make sure there' s something constructive threaded in there. If you' re going to harp about constructiveness, stand by what you' re preaching, mmkay?

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the forums.

Nitro

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 08:12
Rare worked well with Nintendo. Their more adult themed games counter balanced Nintendo' s cutesy (i hate that word) offerings and it' s a shame they fell out.

I guess you could say that Nintendo knew Rare had lost their focus and Microsoft came along at the right moment (for Nintendo), but i think it was more to do with the adult nature of Conker than anything else. Hell, if they hadn' t been lacking in 3rd party support Nintendo wouldn' t have had anything to do with Capcom' s more violent offerings either.

Viva Pinata will fare far better on DS than it did on 360, but i think Banjo will do ok.
Chimura

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 08:16
It is a shame really. Rare produces some of the best games out there, I mean, Jet Force Gemini anyone? I would love to see a sequel to that, but more than that, I hope Rare gets back to the place they used to be, you know up top.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 08:36
Like sports teams, companies eventually remain the same in name only. The original people who made the company special may have moved on.
Teardrop

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 09:00

Who' s alter-ego is teardrop? Al these new members who know so much about me is confusing me.

I' ve been lurking. This forum is slow going but seems to have some smart members and the conversations are more interesting than on most other sites. I guess i should have introduced myself, forgive my rudeness.

Teardrop

RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 09:02

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

ORIGINAL:Teardrop

I' ve had a bad day, & I' d love to go off on someone right now, namely you. However I' m of the opinion that there' s better ways of communication than flame or random aggression, so I' ll attempt to be as polite as possible.

Please pick a new avatar, one not in the file that said " Only Use These if it is YOUR Avatar" . So far as I know, that one doesn' t belong to you, nor do you have permission to use it (correct me if I' m wrong). I had to double take 3 times in the past half an hour to make sure it wasn' t Nitro acting like an overly-aggressive asshat.

Second order of business, if you' ve got something negative to say, make sure there' s something constructive threaded in there. If you' re going to harp about constructiveness, stand by what you' re preaching, mmkay?

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the forums.

I' ve change my avatar. Happy now Mr Grumbly Grumbly? I' m not sure it' s actually any of your business though, unless your the forum moderator?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 73

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message