Uncharted demo up on PSN (NOW WORKING ON NON-US CONSOLES!!!)

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 73 of 73
Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 11, 2007 07:49

Have you tried the demo yet Virtua?

what do ya think?

One of the first things i test before i play a 3rd person game is slowly move the Camera 360 degrees from left to right and test for any tearing or Jerking..and unfortunately i did notice some jerking and tearing (i expected it to be super smooth but nevermind).

Then i tested the levels of response from the left Stick to see how many levels of movement Drake had and i liked it. 3 levels of Analogue creep-to-walk-to-sprint So the very Basics passed my test

Down to the game itself.

AI seemed really good and the level layouts are interesting and authentic, Drake animates really well and controlled really natural too.

The gunfighting system is really well implemented and seemed to take the best of both Toomraider and GOW and fine-tuned them to perfection.

Yeah, think I' m gonna get this game.. It' s got my interest.
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Gaiden BLACK
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 11, 2007 18:53
Whats your PSN Virtua?
Rest in PEACE Cetra and GANGSTA you guys will be missed..........

Virtua fighter 5
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 11, 2007 18:58
ninsega
Currently playing:
FSX (P

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 00:04
ah so thats who it is.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 00:57
I had a dream I' d gotten a PS3 in a contest, and a copy of Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune...

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 05:22
the game is amazing to be sure... What i think is impressive is the shadows, they do not seem to shimmer so much likeheavenly sword, the shadows of foliage is so clear and great.
When Drake gets wet is also very good looking... And also i am glad they seem to have sorted out the floating he seemed to do, even when it comes to stepping on the enemies, sure there is little bits here and there, but on the whole very impressive..

Can' t wait for it to release
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Teardrop
  • Total Posts : 47
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 22:22

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

One of the first things i test before i play a 3rd person game is slowly move the Camera 360 degrees from left to right and test for any tearing or Jerking..and unfortunately i did notice some jerking and tearing (i expected it to be super smooth but nevermind).

Oh well aren' t you the elitist little videogame scientist.

You' d prefer a solid 60 frames per second and mouse and keyboard control too right? And i bet you would turn your nose up at playing a fighting game using a gamepad too, insisting on official arcade sticks, or even insisting that home ports can in no way match the quality, feel or atmosphere of the arcade original :/

What kind of display are you using Mr i' d-love-to-lick-Akiras-sweaty-balls?

Then i tested the levels of response from the left Stick to see how many levels of movement Drake had and i liked it. 3 levels of Analogue creep-to-walk-to-sprint So the very Basics passed my test

3 whole levels eh?

Did you ever test how many Kameo had?

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter

Down to the game itself.

AI seemed really good and the level layouts are interesting and authentic, Drake animates really well and controlled really natural too.

Um, the AI is piss weak buddy, even on hard. If enemies standing still, ducking behind cover and barely moving and jumping from side to side impresses you then i' m sorry chuck i just cant take your ass seriously.

And the level layouts are authentic? To jungles on islands near the Bermuda Triangle? Really? How do you know?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 12, 2007 22:40

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 06:10
Wow, I am new and all, but Teardrop, you' re pretty hostile [:' (]

Anyway, I think by playing the Uncharted demo, Naughty Dog succeeded in many more ways than what they might have actually failed at. Actually, failed seems like a rather harsh word in this case, as nothing is bad, just some aspects are not as excellent as others and therefore pop out more than what they would if the game was just complete boloney or just ok.

Nitro
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 06:15
I wish you could swat-turn betwee pillars. That' d be cool. In fact, i think it' d be hard to develop a cover system as robust as the one in Gears. Uncharted just kinda emulates it and only half succeeds.

Chimura
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 06:35
Yeah, the Gears cover system is pretty damn good. I didn' t think Uncharted' s was bad though. I guess what really sold it for me is how everything was meshed together well, I can' t complain there. And I can see ND improving for the sequel.

Virtua fighter 5
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 07:41
Who' s alter-ego is teardrop? Al these new members who know so much about me is confusing me.

3 whole levels eh?

Did you ever test how many Kameo had?

I was gonna mention Kameo but left it out as Rare are known to have the basic' s in place anyway (being Nintendo-style / driven games and all)..

I really enjoyed Kameo, infact alot more than any 360 launch title.

All the rest of your ' arguments' are just opinions and thanks for giving them. shame that i actually like the game.

Currently playing:
FSX (P

Chimura
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 07:49
I never managed to snag a copy of Kameo. I took up PDZ and was actually a little disappointed afterwards, good game, but not on par with the original by any means. Is Kameo really a good buy? Because just like Folklore, that game caught my attention from day 1, just never had the chance to pick it up.

Virtua fighter 5
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 07:58
Kameo was a great game that was drowned in the hype of other launch titles. Yes it was on the short side but the original Ideas Rare put forward were well implemented. Ashame they can' t continue to make more games like this but they won' t sell on 360

I bet rare would do anything to go back to Nintendo and let their creative flair blossom. Rare have all these ideas but their with the wrong Company IMO.

(i feel their frustration)
Currently playing:
FSX (P

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 08:11

ORIGINAL:Teardrop

I' ve had a bad day, & I' d love to go off on someone right now, namely you. However I' m of the opinion that there' s better ways of communication than flame or random aggression, so I' ll attempt to be as polite as possible.

Please pick a new avatar, one not in the file that said " Only Use These if it is YOUR Avatar" . So far as I know, that one doesn' t belong to you, nor do you have permission to use it (correct me if I' m wrong). I had to double take 3 times in the past half an hour to make sure it wasn' t Nitro acting like an overly-aggressive asshat.

Second order of business, if you' ve got something negative to say, make sure there' s something constructive threaded in there. If you' re going to harp about constructiveness, stand by what you' re preaching, mmkay?

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the forums.

Nitro
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 08:12
Rare worked well with Nintendo. Their more adult themed games counter balanced Nintendo' s cutesy (i hate that word) offerings and it' s a shame they fell out.

I guess you could say that Nintendo knew Rare had lost their focus and Microsoft came along at the right moment (for Nintendo), but i think it was more to do with the adult nature of Conker than anything else. Hell, if they hadn' t been lacking in 3rd party support Nintendo wouldn' t have had anything to do with Capcom' s more violent offerings either.

Viva Pinata will fare far better on DS than it did on 360, but i think Banjo will do ok.

Chimura
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 08:16
It is a shame really. Rare produces some of the best games out there, I mean, Jet Force Gemini anyone? I would love to see a sequel to that, but more than that, I hope Rare gets back to the place they used to be, you know up top.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 08:36
Like sports teams, companies eventually remain the same in name only. The original people who made the company special may have moved on.

Teardrop
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 09:00

Who' s alter-ego is teardrop? Al these new members who know so much about me is confusing me.

I' ve been lurking. This forum is slow going but seems to have some smart members and the conversations are more interesting than on most other sites. I guess i should have introduced myself, forgive my rudeness.

Teardrop
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 09:02

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

ORIGINAL:Teardrop

I' ve had a bad day, & I' d love to go off on someone right now, namely you. However I' m of the opinion that there' s better ways of communication than flame or random aggression, so I' ll attempt to be as polite as possible.

Please pick a new avatar, one not in the file that said " Only Use These if it is YOUR Avatar" . So far as I know, that one doesn' t belong to you, nor do you have permission to use it (correct me if I' m wrong). I had to double take 3 times in the past half an hour to make sure it wasn' t Nitro acting like an overly-aggressive asshat.

Second order of business, if you' ve got something negative to say, make sure there' s something constructive threaded in there. If you' re going to harp about constructiveness, stand by what you' re preaching, mmkay?

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the forums.

I' ve change my avatar. Happy now Mr Grumbly Grumbly? I' m not sure it' s actually any of your business though, unless your the forum moderator?

Nitro
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 16:34
The topic is Uncharted: Drakes Fortune ladies, lets try and stick to it
< Message edited by NITRO -- 13 Nov 07 8:34:27 >

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 16:40

I' ve change my avatar. Happy now Mr Grumbly Grumbly? I' m not sure it' s actually any of your business though, unless your the forum moderator?

Our forum mods generally leave us to our own devices. Which, seems to be one of the more interesting things about these forums.

As a side note, I find it interesting that Nitro/Majik' s avatars always seem to be the ones that get taken. Though I can' t see it happening anymore, unless people like choosing avatars of some guy they don' t know.

Oh, and to stay on topic. Uncharted..........I' m gonna buy it for sure, which is nice, as I was worried I wouldn' t play games on my ps3 at all after getting Mass Effect, Assasins Creed, and CoD4 for 360.
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 13 Nov 07 8:42:58 >

Nitro
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 16:47

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

As a side note, I find it interesting that Nitro/Majik' s avatars always seem to be the ones that get taken. Though I can' t see it happening anymore, unless people like choosing avatars of some devishly attractive guy they don' t know.

Fixed

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

Oh, and to stay on topic. Uncharted..........I' m gonna buy it for sure, which is nice, as I was worried I wouldn' t play games on my ps3 at all after getting Mass Effect, Assasins Creed, and CoD4 for 360.

Is Dagashi your Gamertag?

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 16:51

Is Dagashi your Gamertag?

Nah, for XBL it' s " Cower in Fear" .

I tried basically every single internet moniker or name I' ve had for the last 15 years and not a single one worked. It took me an hour to get a bloody tag I wrote in, and then I ended up with that, which is friggin cheesy and I wish I hadn' t chose it.

But I' m too cheap to pay MS $15 to get a new name for something that takes very little effort on their part.

Nitro
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 16:59
Ah!

Well hang on then, who' s HE Volcom?

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 21:31
During the demo i have gone in cover from pillar to pillar majik, Admittedly it doesn' t seem to always work but it' s works for me on occaison..
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 13, 2007 22:45

but i think it was more to do with the adult nature of Conker than anything else.

THQ ended up publishing the game, I take it that Nintendo refused to publish it.

I loved conker, I nearly pissed myself I laughed so much. " Got any Mepsipax?"

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 14, 2007 05:21
Honest opinion wanted from Nitro Silent or Dagashi: is this and rachet worth getting a PS3 in feb. or could it wait?
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Nitro
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 14, 2007 07:13

ORIGINAL: Duffman

but i think it was more to do with the adult nature of Conker than anything else.

THQ ended up publishing the game, I take it that Nintendo refused to publish it.

I loved conker, I nearly pissed myself I laughed so much. " Got any Mepsipax?"

The original plan was for Nintendo to publish it, but after being unable to get Rare to tone it down any more than it was they decided to drop it. If N64 wasn' t struggling then they probably would have blocked it' s release.

It' s funny though because Nintendo' s views quickly changed with Gamecube. They didn' t like violent games on their console but they came to the conclusion that to remain competitive they had no choice.

I just hope Rare pull through with Banjo, because aside from Kameo, the last great game they made was Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Live & Reloaded was a remake and doesn' t count).

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Honest opinion wanted from Nitro Silent or Dagashi: is this and rachet worth getting a PS3 in feb. or could it wait?

Have you ever enjoyed a Ratchet game???

If you have then once you get past the first level (the one used in the PSN demo) you' ll find it pretty incredible. Personally i' ve always liked the series and while this is a case of more of the same, it' s so well done and looks so good that it feels like a completely new experience.

As for Uncharted, ...the demo kicks ass and everything else i' ve seen makes the game look like a bonafide killer app. It' s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it does what it does well and looks fantastic.

Resistance was lame. MotorStorm was great but shallow. Sigma was amazing but didn' t offer anything new. Heavenly Sword had amazing cutscenes but weak gameplay. Lair was pathetic. The rest have been forgetable.

For me, Warhawk, Ratchet and Uncharted are Sony' s saviours and are the games that make me glad i own a PS3.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 14, 2007 08:20

Nah, for XBL it' s " Cower in Fear" .
I' ve been trying to figure out who that was for a while now.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 14, 2007 12:00
Yes, I have liked the R&C games Ive played, and Im interested in Uncharted b/c its by Naughty Dog. What would really make up my mind is next-gen GoW and Sly Cooper. Those 2, and R&C are the sony franchises Ive always wanted.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 14, 2007 13:45

During the demo i have gone in cover from pillar to pillar majik, Admittedly it doesn' t seem to always work but it' s works for me on occaison..

I did the same thing too, unfortunately I wasn' t able to repeat it.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Uncharted demo up on PSN... - Nov 14, 2007 13:49
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 73 of 73