Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 62
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 02:52

FIFA 2008 demo and it looks great and plays great

OMFG, i do wonder.. where are you getting the good gameplay ffs? It plays poor as always, especially compared with PES.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 17 Sep 07 18:58:41 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 03:00
it plays great and if anything it doesn' t play " poor" , i was not the only one testing, my friend is a Pro in PES and huge fan and he was really amazed by FIFA , great step forward , you just have to get used to the analog which a little bit suck but i ghuess you can change that... as for the animation, the black spot of previos fifas (players run like monkeys) , now the animation is better than PES all around.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 03:45
Maybe it was just me who cannot play it.. But then im hearing loads of people thinking the same as me Oh well, atleast you can get some enjoyment out of it..
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 03:53
Mario Strikers: Charged > PES xx > Fifa xx
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 04:00
F***ing Nintendo fanboy!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 04:01
I tried the demo at a friends house and somehow it felt too easy. I mean running cross the sides still feels to to effective. And the crosses also feel way to accurate and somehow my strikers won most one-on-one situations in the air.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 04:54

Am I the only one who find it hilarious that the console they were showing the game on overheated at around 27:00?

If that wasn' t a joke then you' re retarded.

Its a sign that the character is almost dead you idiot.

Also this isnt the finale version or else the game would have gone gold or been out soon.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 05:38

Im not understandng Assassins creed, everything ive seen from the game looks, well average at best..

I feel the same way about the game. All I' ve seen is having the character walk around in a crowded space bumping into people. Oooo, that looks like so much fun. I hope the line to return to the game won' t be that bad.

----------------------------

UT 3 won' t just be a multiplayer game it will also have a single player mode as well, although I couldn' t care less. The only way in my books that it won' t win a GOTY in 2007 is if it doesn' t come out this year. That' s the only way. It should at least win best multiplayer. The franchise has a history of kicking ass and UT III won' t be the exception. The series fills a huge void where no other franchise can touch.

In my mind it' s the ultimate FPS, all the other ones are either crappy, watered down or niche.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 06:07

In my mind it' s the ultimate FPS, all the other ones are either crappy, watered down or niche.

why peopel need always to go to the extreme, you mean COD 4 is crappy or waterdown or niche? half life 2? i don' t think so ...
Virtua fighter 5

RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 06:54
UT is to Quake like Tekken is to Virtua Fighter.

A Clone, which couldn' t quite get the precise gameplay or perfect weapon design of Quake 3, so it had go try different directions and ' please the casual crowd' . Thus we see the introduction of not-so-thought-out moves and wepons, bulking up of the graphics engine, while Quake 3 didn' t need to progress because the gameplay was impeccable, and i mean IMPECCABLE.

Ut' s a great FPS seris but ' the Ultimate' .. Nahh. None have come close to Q3' s perfection.. Reason why it' s still going strong on Pro-tourneys. Q3 has passed the age barrier to remian victorious!! ID are working on a DS version right now FFS!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/10245.aspx
Agent Ghost

RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 07:21
I don' t know about the older games, but no Quake game is as good as UT 2004. I never actually enjoyed a Quake game, they all felt cheap, the last Quake game sucked ass. It' s pretty obvious that EPIC pwned id in this gaming segment in the end as well as the race for the best engine. There' s a reason why the next Quake is taking a very different direction from traditional Quake games. It' s because they can' t compete with UT III!

As for Tekken and Virtual Fighter. I' m not a big fan of fighting game, I' ve never bought a VF game but I did like Tekken Tag on PS2, I never cared for any of the other Tekken games though. I can accept the idea that VF is a better series than Tekken, but I' m still more interested in Tekken 6 than VF 5. The VF matches are too fast and short to enjoy for my tastes. It' s not that I can' t keep up, it' s just not as fun. Besides Tekken has more character.

It really doesn' t matter who came first, what matters is which will have the best version next. Quake was raped so badly by UT that they aren' t even in the same class anymore, Quake has been degraded to peewee league now. Tekken vs. VF is debatable. IMO, there' s room for both.
Nitro

RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 08:11
Quake owns.
Quake II owns.
Quake 3 Arena owns.
Quake IV sucks ass.
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars sucks ass.

Unreal owns.
Unreal Tournament owns.
Ureal Tournament 2003 owns.
Unreal Tournament 2004 owns.
Unreal Tournament III will owns.

Quake' s 1, 2 and 4 are single player games (with multiplayer modes). Quake 3 Arena and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars are multiplayer games through and through.

id Software (f3, why do you keep putting ID ???) didn' t develop Quake IV and they didn' t develop Quake Wars. They licensed the IP' s to Raven Software (HeXen, Soldier of Fortune, Jedi Knight etc...) and Splash Damage (creators of Return to Castle Wolfenstein mod; Enemy Territory) respectively.

Unfortunately for id Software these two companies have ruined their once great franchise. I' ve always maintained that id should handle their own IP' s, even if it means we only get a new game from them every 3-4 years. Every game they' ve made themselves has been amazing, the games they' ve outsourced have sucked in comparison.

The point is driven home be the fact that the id handled Doom 3 is a massively superior game to the Raven handled Quake 4. It' s because of this that i don' t consider Quake 4 and Enemy Territory (which i was playing over the weekend) id games at all. The next id game will be Rage which uses their new engine if Tech 5 which they are positioning as an alternative to UE3.0. Rage will own, i' m 100% certain that it' ll wipe the floor with UTIII.

UTIII is going to be one of the best multiplayer experiences of next year and the only other online sci-fi shooter i' m looking forward to as much is Huxley. But, and there' s always a but, ...i expect Rage to be a better game, at least i expect that i will prefer it.

Technologically Rage won' t be facing off with UTIII though. UTIII is UE3.0, but Gears 2 will almost definitely run on a more advanced engine, possibly 3.5 so it' ll be interesting to see whether UE3.x can meet Tech 5 head on or not.

Fukk them both as far as the engines are concerned though, ...Crytek' s Crysis and Far Cry 2 look better than anything running on UE3.0.
Agent Ghost

RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 08:20
Is UT III not coming out on PC in NA this year?
Virtua fighter 5

RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 08:40

I don' t know about the older games, but no Quake game is as good as UT 2004. I never actually enjoyed a Quake game, they all felt cheap, the last Quake game sucked ass. It' s pretty obvious that EPIC pwned id in this gaming segment in the end as well as the race for the best engine. There' s a reason why the next Quake is taking a very different direction from traditional Quake games. It' s because they can' t compete with UT III!

As for Tekken and Virtual Fighter. I' m not a big fan of fighting game, I' ve never bought a VF game but I did like Tekken Tag on PS2, I never cared for any of the other Tekken games though. I can accept the idea that VF is a better series than Tekken, but I' m still more interested in Tekken 6 than VF 5. The VF matches are too fast and short to enjoy for my tastes. It' s not that I can' t keep up, it' s just not as fun. Besides Tekken has more character.

It really doesn' t matter who came first, what matters is which will have the best version next. Quake was raped so badly by UT that they aren' t even in the same class anymore, Quake has been degraded to peewee league now. Tekken vs. VF is debatable. IMO, there' s room for both.

BTW i wasnt Shunning Unreal or Tekken in no way.. I like both too, just that once you get into the depth of Q3 / Vf it' s hard to settle for anything else.

Technologically Rage won' t be facing off with UTIII though. UTIII is UE3.0, but Gears 2 will almost definitely run on a more advanced engine, possibly 3.5 so it' ll be interesting to see whether UE3.x can meet Tech 5 head on or not.

I think the rage engine looks supereb has that cool unique ' id' style. i think it will age better than other engines too.

Crytek' s Crysis and Far Cry 2 look better than anything running on UE3.0.

Yes, it looks the shit for sure. hopelly i' ll get some 60fps Vids up once the Demos out.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 10:00
I dunno what it is about me, but whenever a game gets as hyped up as Bioshock or Mass Effect, I jsut start seeing the flaws in the games. And when I start seeing flaws they start to bug me, and ultimately I end up dissapointed.

In Mass Effect it' s the little things.

Such as the hair on the characters looking really bad.

Or boring enviorments.

The animations (especially the facial ones) are sort of lacking.

It' s starting to bug me how the gameplay seems to pause oftenly, when choosing certain functions to execute.

The enviorments look really boring and bland.

The A.I on the trailers seem really dumb.

The voice acting isn' t all that good, in todays standards, and it bugs me how bad it sounds if the player chooses to interupt a conversation.

And though personal preference, I' m not all that found of the design of the Sci-Fi setting in this game.

Still, I believe this will probably be one of the best games of this year, if not then Bioshock is, which is a though competitor.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 14:59

I dunno what it is about me, but whenever a game gets as hyped up as Bioshock or Mass Effect, I jsut start seeing the flaws in the games. And when I start seeing flaws they start to bug me, and ultimately I end up dissapointed.

In Mass Effect it' s the little things.

Such as the hair on the characters looking really bad.

Or boring enviorments.

The animations (especially the facial ones) are sort of lacking.

It' s starting to bug me how the gameplay seems to pause oftenly, when choosing certain functions to execute.

The enviorments look really boring and bland.

The A.I on the trailers seem really dumb.

The voice acting isn' t all that good, in todays standards, and it bugs me how bad it sounds if the player chooses to interupt a conversation.

And though personal preference, I' m not all that found of the design of the Sci-Fi setting in this game.

Still, I believe this will probably be one of the best games of this year, if not then Bioshock is, which is a though competitor.

I suggest you run down and get yourself a copy of Eragon, play though it, and then appriciate that the games arent really looking bad og buggy.

If it didnt work, get Bomberman: Act Zero and try again.
Nitro

RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 16:31

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Is UT III not coming out on PC in NA this year?

I hope so, ...and yeah, probably. I can ask but i' m not sure i' d get a definitive answer because the last i heard they were talking about pushing the PS3 version back and their agreement with Sony is that it releases day and date with the PC version.

It could end up being January.

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

I think the rage engine looks supereb has that cool unique ' id' style. i think it will age better than other engines too.

I agree, it looks badass, and the Quake 3 engine lasted years. But the Doom 3 engine has aged really badly so who knows.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 16:59

I agree, it looks badass, and the Quake 3 engine lasted years. But the Doom 3 engine has aged really badly so who knows.

I think it aged badly because it wasnt put to the test, and it had to compete with Unreal and Source so it was passed around as much
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 18, 2007 18:31
Counter-Strike is the only online FPS that I can stand playing at all.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 18 Sep 07 10:31:46 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: 42 new minutes of ME- ... its amazing!! no,really its above any other game! - Sep 19, 2007 00:17
Enemy territory is tonnes of fun if u play on the right server .. Quake war sucks though , atleast the demo sucks ...
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 62

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message