Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Warhawk
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Warhawk - Sep 10, 2007 03:56

Looking at the big power ups for the Warhawks, the gameplay looks a little too simplistic for my tastes. To anyone who played the game, would you say that' s the case, or is there some hidden depth that you can only see when playing the game?

Not just depth, but skill and knowledge play a big part in being succesful in a warhawk. It by no means is a " get power ups and blow shit up" scenario. A lot of the weapons need to be used situationally and if used in specific areas can go from useless to devastating. In the beta, I was one of the few people who could effectively take out multiple ground targets without being shot down. Meanwhile, taking out opposing warhawks became not only a matter of getting the drop, but laying mines effectively, using flak to evade lock ons, and most importantly chasing them where you want them to go.

There is a lot more depth than it could appear from the video' s or quick gameplay demonstrations. For some, it is a simple shooter with planes, but for those that have played so many multiplayer FPS over the years, there is depth to be found, and tactics that can be put into use very effectively without destroying the balance of the game.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Warhawk - Sep 10, 2007 06:13
did you think setting the controls to advanced improved your play?
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Warhawk - Sep 10, 2007 06:33
Yes i use advanced for sure.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Warhawk - Sep 10, 2007 06:53
I' ll rent it first, it looks like a great game but I think it' s the open areas that turns me off. There' s nowhere to hide.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Warhawk - Sep 10, 2007 21:35

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Been playing this quite alot, surprisingly.

You fancy teaming up at some point this week?

CoD4 is consuming most of my time online but i' ll free up a few hours if you wanna get your ..hawk on...
Silentbomber

RE: Warhawk - Sep 22, 2007 07:53
ah you push L3 to talk.

That took way to long to figure out.

Got the bundle pack today, the pal box innerart + disc are very nice.
Dagashi

RE: Warhawk - Sep 22, 2007 09:17
Just got my comp fixed so now I can post here more freely. Had to use the ps3 for internet for a while there.

Anyhow, I' m up for Warhawk this weekend, I have the next couple days off. I already played with Silent a bit earlier, sadly he was on the recieving end of my homing missile turret.

Had my best run today, 5 team wins in a row, as well as being round winner in 4 of them.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Warhawk - Sep 22, 2007 10:31

Just got my comp fixed so now I can post here more freely. Had to use the ps3 for internet for a while there.

lol
Dagashi

RE: Warhawk - Sep 22, 2007 10:41

lol

Yah, it wasn' t the best, it looks just fine, and works fine, it even is a bit nicer than firefox/exlporer because you can zoom so easily etc, the main problem is the longer load times and slower address entry. For people w/o a comp hooked up to their Theatre system it is handy I' m sure.

On the flip side, my 360 didn' t help me with my internet crisis at all, though it did offer plenty of games to take up my time. However, after weeks of being neglected because of my gaming on the 360, the ps3 has pulled it self back on top thanks to my Warhawk addiciton. I' m sure Halo 3 will settle the score though.
Silentbomber

RE: Warhawk - Sep 22, 2007 19:44

Anyhow, I' m up for Warhawk this weekend, I have the next couple days off. I already played with Silent a bit earlier, sadly he was on the recieving end of my homing missile turret.

Ah I didnt know you killed me, the messages are a bit small to read and I dont bother anyway as there is so much going on the screen. We should set up a kikizo game something when enough people will play!

Nobody talks in this anymore, the beta was full of talkers but now nothing, I want to see if my headsets works god dammit!
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Warhawk - Sep 22, 2007 20:18
i am TOTALLY up for some WARHAWK ACTION
Silentbomber

RE: Warhawk - Sep 22, 2007 22:02
Just played some Warhawk and Majik jumped into the game too, He was kicking my ass in terms of personal scores but I beat him in the leaderboards!

Dagashi

RE: Warhawk - Sep 24, 2007 07:56
Damn the time difference, I' ve gotten into a few games with Silent and Nekkid Monkey, but I have yet to see you online Nitro.
Silentbomber

RE: Warhawk - Sep 25, 2007 02:22
What' s Nekkid Monkey psn?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages