Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Iwata: " Nintendo Mustn' t Become Arrogant"
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Iwata: " Nintendo Mustn' t Become Arrogant" - Sep 06, 2007 09:10
i don' t know if you' re serious nitro but i know what to expect from my 360, i was referring to the wii ... yes the wiiiiiii
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Iwata: " Nintendo Mustn' t Become Arrogant" - Sep 06, 2007 09:28

i don' t know if you' re serious nitro but i know what to expect from my 360, i was referring to the wii ... yes the wiiiiiii

TP
Super Paper Mario
SSBB
SMG
MP3
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Iwata: " Nintendo Mustn' t Become Arrogant" - Sep 06, 2007 09:44
Good to see. I hope Nintendo doesn' t become arrogant due to there initial success.

Anyway i ask you is the focus on casuals a bad thing? Let me explain, look at the 360. When it had no competition it increased its user base steadily, to around 10 million by the time the ps3 & Wii were released. The users were probably mostly hardcore gamers (speculation but not far from the truth IMO). Since the Wii and ps3 has come on to the seen the 360 has struggled along. This is largely due to the ps3 now staking a claim on the hardcore user. On the other hand the Wiis focus on the casual gamer has seen it reach the 360s current user base in less then half the time. As you can see things got difficult for 360 & ps3 because they focused their attention on the limited hardcore market. Imagine another console targeting that limited resource? FAILURE. UTTER AND COMPLETE FAILURE. Especially with their track record.

When you look at the ps2' s phenomenal user base does anyone complain, ' ugh not they targeted the casuals their not catering for the hardcores needs' , no they say ' the ps2 has a massive 100+ user base and huge variety of games, they are the undesputed victor of this generation' . Lets face it the it was the appeal to the casual crowd that garnered the ps2s unprecedented success, not the hardcore. The difference now is that the ps2 targeted the hardcore first then the casual (shortly after), wheras it seems the Wii targets the casual first then the hardcore. We' ll see if this strategy can sustain them throughout the Wiis life, but for now things look good.

Again its only 9 months into the Wiis life, the games people are boasting for the 360 are games (which has the largest selection of quality titles) made after its been around for almost twice as long. The Wii is poised to overtake the 360 in WW sales, how this will impact on third party plans will soon be known, but its not hard to imagine that the Wii can obtain more significant support due to its fast growing userbase.

Remember what i said. Flood of games is the key.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Iwata: " Nintendo Mustn' t Become Arrogant" - Sep 06, 2007 13:37

Lets face it the it was the appeal to the casual crowd that garnered the ps2s unprecedented success, not the hardcore.

Uh 2 totally different " casual users" . Nintindo wants old people, moms, the kind of people who will buy 2-3 games a year, which is why no full priced($50) Wii game will be in the overall top 5 games sold this gen. PS2' s " casual user" was male, likely a sports gamer, and bought a few sports titles every year along with whatever was hyped at the time(Burnout(great), Black(good), GTA(varies)). The PS2' s " casual gamer" was typically a young male(14-32, much like the 360 and PS3 user base right now), who would spend the income to buy multiple titles a year, and most likely brought around a few friends to play them, who then got hooked and bought one themselves. Just because both groups are " casual" , doesnt mean theyre the same group
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message