Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PGR4 - Gameplay
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 05, 2007 08:52
QFT

ORIGINAL: Evilkiller

Actually it' s very likely possible that PGR4 is going to be the best racer ever. After that slight disappointment that PGR3 was it looks like Bizarre are on their way to create a proper next-gen version of PGR2. And if PGR4 is just a tiny little bit better than PGR2 it' s pointless for any other video game developer to even think about making another racing game.

btw nice avatar, I used to use that before I got a custom.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 05, 2007 11:45

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

you guys seem to be missing all the fuss around teh forums lately about the lastest video of PGR4, it was off screen but it looks freaky amazing. People are arguing this is real , this is cg , this is real time, now what' s more disturbing is that Ben a supposdly developer from Bizare Creations says in the company forum that THIS IS INGaME.

If that' s true then it totaly destroys GT5 but i can' t believe it seriously, you gotta check this video to judge by youirself, some elements do look Ingame (and they are amazing) while some look Totaly CG.

The video

the bizare forum: look for Ben posts

Teamxbox forum

judge by yourself, if this is truly ingame, and i mean by that simply as how the game will look with the hud on, then we' re not in Kansas anymore ..

The biker at 1:40 is pure class!

None of it is CG. It' s easy to see that. At 0:20 you can even hear the Kudos meter ticking when the biker is doing a donut. But the main thing that makes it look great is that it' s cut together beautifully. All the best scenes are taken, packed together and wrapped in a cool soundtrack to make people really want to play the game (it worked for me). I remember heaps of people saying that the PGR3 screens and stuff were BS but Bizarre proved them wrong multiple times.

I think that when you' re racing you don' t actually get to see half of the stuff that' s there because you' re too busy trying not to crash and overtake the next driver. Camera angles are much more limited than those used in replays too. Camera angles make all the difference. Bizarre know how to make a fantastic looking game and PGR4 looks like no exception. None of it really surprised me much.
< Message edited by unluckyone -- 5 Sep 07 3:49:36 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 05, 2007 16:18
Yeah, 16x AA and filters did wonders for PGR3' s replay and photo modes. It looked amazing and this will look even better.

Doesn' t mean jack shit for gameplay though.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 05, 2007 19:23
that' s where the confusion is, this might be ingame (replay) but not actual gameplay, as in the former they boost up antialiasing and add more effects... they should clarify this instead of create confusion.
Nitro

RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 05, 2007 19:27

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

that' s where the confusion is, this might be ingame (replay) but not actual gameplay, as in the former they boost up antialiasing and add more effects... they should clarify this instead of create confusion.

It' s the game' s intro, it' s obviously not gameplay per say. If anything it' s a fancily edited replay compilation. Sure it' s running on the game' s engine but it also has a shitload of AA and filters applied.

The game' s out next month and i' m hoping for a demo beforehand...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 05, 2007 22:47
I might buy PGR4 for the music, the bikes, the cockpit view and the nice looking city tracks. And the weather of course, wow the weather. Looks really interesting. Will the weather have a big impact on the gameplay or is it just eye candy?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 5 Sep 07 14:47:41 >
Nitro

RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 05, 2007 23:07

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I might buy PGR4 for the music, the bikes, the cockpit view and the nice looking city tracks. And the weather of course, wow the weather. Looks really interesting. Will the weather have a big impact on the gameplay or is it just eye candy?

I would hope that rain and snow/ice will affect the handling to varying degrees, but i don' t know.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 05, 2007 23:07
They want the weather to play into the game, but they wanna keep it tame so it doesnt become a nuisance. Drfiting corners a plenty, but not quite spinning out wildly pinball style.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PGR4 - Gameplay - Sep 06, 2007 02:54
I can' t wait for this, one of the few games out there that is more than just a racer. Play Nurenburg on Forza you get frustrated and only want to do a lap, but on PGR3 and the wheel, It' s just awesome - this is going to rock!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message