Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Initial impressions of the CoD4 beta...
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 80
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 03, 2007 01:35
Good points. I' m not sure what year the game is supposed to take place though. Any ideas?

The one thing that' s really starting to bug me aout the weapons is that you have to choose just one attachment. Why can' t i have an ACOG scope and a supressor on the same weapon?

Now the EU beta starts on Friday and i' ve heard there will be 2 new maps coming. I just hope they up the level cap too...

Does anybody know howlong the beta is supposed to last? Halo 3 is out here on the 26th and i' ll need to organize my game time in advance...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 04, 2007 04:59
In the 2000s, I can tell that much. They' re not using the new digital-print ACU (Army Combat Uniform), so we know it' s not in the last year & a half or so. However the Marines are in the relatively new digi-print MARPAT uniforms (2001 forward), so I can pretty safely say that it' s sometime between 2001 and 2005. If we' re not counting the 80s flashbacks in the Ukraine with Cpl. Price.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 04, 2007 05:00
I dont get the hype for Halo 3, most people thought the Beta was more of the same but they are still gearing up to play? The single player cant be that good.
Nitro

RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 04, 2007 05:56

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I dont get the hype for Halo 3, most people thought the Beta was more of the same but they are still gearing up to play? The single player cant be that good.

I wanna " Finish the Fight!!!" dude...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 04, 2007 06:03

Are you actually referring to Halo 3 or did you mean CoD4 as in the topic here?

Either way yes both a more of the same but with a vast amount of improvments scattered here and there.

Honestly you can answer that question the same way for both.

-Improved visuals
-Additional and tweaked modes of play which can be customized
-Better balance of gameplay
-Improve team and enemy AI
-Epic single player (Halo3 has massive open battles according to recent Game Informer. CoD has always had intense battles)

Really the only thing that would turn people off from these games is the genre. I can' t see too many other reasons why anyone would wanna avoid them...
< Message edited by Mass X -- 3 Sep 07 22:05:05 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 04, 2007 07:27
Halo 3 and Cod4 are going to be tha shiznick!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 04, 2007 23:00
Was out of town this weekend due to it being Labor Day, so I was surprised and excited when I checked my email this morning to find my COD4 Beta Token!!!!!!!

I' m in the beta!!!!!!!! My Live gamertag is PredatoryElk, so whoever else is in the beta keep an eye out.
Nitro

RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 05, 2007 00:29

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

Was out of town this weekend due to it being Labor Day, so I was surprised and excited when I checked my email this morning to find my COD4 Beta Token!!!!!!!

I' m in the beta!!!!!!!! My Live gamertag is PredatoryElk, so whoever else is in the beta keep an eye out.

I' m using Majikdra6on US for the beta. Feel free to add that GT.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 05, 2007 08:01
Cool graphics, great environment and weaponry. Plus it COD. if it lives up to its predecessors it will be the best FPS this year.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 05, 2007 08:33

if it lives up to its predecessors it will be the best FPS this year.

Thats what I said when I bought COD 3
Agent Ghost

RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 05, 2007 15:09
YES I' m in the fucking Beta!
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 05, 2007 15:52
Ok 2 things I have to comment on:
1 The lobby is flaky as anything plus it doesn' t seem to be match making (as in matching your level to others maybe I was a bit late in joining, however Halo 3 was able to find player of a similar skill to you.

2 The amount of lag that was occuring last night, I had someone wlak through a door opened fire and the next thing I knew he was behind me, or trying to walk through a door way and the it was pushing me either side of the door with no one around.

Hopefully things like this will be eliminated from the public final, other than that it is a very good game.
Nitro

RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 05, 2007 16:09

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

YES I' m in the ***ing Beta!

Niiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!

I spent most of last night getting the annoying ' Downloading Game Settings' error, which some people leave until it goes away. Unfortunately it doesn' t go away for me and i have to keep quiting back to the Dash to reload the beta. After a couple of tries it' s fine.

You might also get ' dvar set com_errorTitle Error' but it doesn' t appear to actually do anything.

The games i did get to play last night were lag free (as have been 98% of all the matches i' ve played) but the server disconnected several times.

These are obviously the kind of problems the beta is supposed to help them recognize and fix ahead of release so i' m not even remotely concerned about the retail version. The net code in the beta destroys the net code in Gears of War and i haven' t encountered anything i' d change yet.

Add me as Majikdra6on US
Agent Ghost

RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 05, 2007 17:17
I' ve played for about 30 minutes. The game seems pretty sweet. I have to say, I don' t know if it' s because it' s 4:00am and I' m exhausted or if I just suck but I was having a hard time keeping up. I probably just need practice, and time to learn the levels. COD4 feels far more challenging that COD2 or 3.

The game ran smoothly though, no lag and no problems.

Anyone know when the Beta ends?
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 5 Sep 07 9:21:27 >
Nitro

RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 05, 2007 17:42
It' s odd because the default loadouts aren' t terrible but both Eddie and myself got battered until we' d leveled up. It' s a pain for people joining now because everybody else knows the maps/weapons/whatever. On Friday the UK beta starts so there will be even more new players.

Saying that, while i consider myself to be pretty good, i played with a couple of guys i know last night against a six man pro clan and we got fcuking destroyed. Some bastard managed to get onto a roof in Overgrown and was using the UAV jammer and a suppressor so nobody knew where he was for ages.

I' ll be on tonight but it' ll be the afternoon for you and i guess you' ll be working?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 06, 2007 01:24
Got my first taste of the Beta yesterday after work, and I was really impressed with just how smoothly the game ran. I do agree that when you first start out, it is so od damn difficult since everyone else I was playing with had already capped out. I did manage to get to Rank 7 before I quit.

The create a class is very cool!!!! My favorite perk so far that I have unlocked is Deep Impact. I love standing in cover in Vacant and just shoot through a wall and kill the baddies. So far, my weapons of choice that I have available have been the AK47 and the MP. Can' t wait til I get the red dot for better accuracy though. I shot a guy in overgrown and ran and stole his gun, and he had the red dot on his gun which made a huge difference IMO.

Airstrikes are impressive to say the least!!!! I was getting stuck on only 3 kills in a row for the longest time, but managed to finally get to 5 kills and call in an airstrike. I do have one question if anyone can help out, when you call in the helo do you control it or does it just kinda fly around looking for baddies to kill?

Anyway, the best part of this game so far IMHO is the knife kills. There is nothing more satisfying than walking up behind a baddie who is laying down with a sniper rilfe and then before he knows it, he' s been cut, cut real deep.

All in all, my first day with the beta was awesome. Gameplay was solid, perks are cool, airstrikes and the like are nice add ons, and the game looks and sounds great. I love hearing all of the in game chatter (not people on their mics) going on all around me.

I would like to get on the beta with some of you guys, but I live in Canada, and don' t know what time I would need to be on to be on with Agent, Eddie, Mass, and Nitro. Anyone else I missed, let me know.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 06, 2007 01:32
Well being this its 8 am right now and I was on at 4 am 12pm 9pm and 6pm it shouldnt be hard to accidently bump into me.

The helicopter mainly flys around freely for a duration of time or until shot down.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 06, 2007 04:02

I' ve played for about 30 minutes. The game seems pretty sweet. I have to say, I don' t know if it' s because it' s 4:00am and I' m exhausted or if I just suck but I was having a hard time keeping up. I probably just need practice, and time to learn the levels. COD4 feels far more challenging that COD2 or 3.

The game ran smoothly though, no lag and no problems.

Anyone know when the Beta ends?

It' s not just you. The learning curve is a beast.

It' s supposed to go through the majority of September according to one of my pals at CharlieOscarDelta.
Agent Ghost

RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 06, 2007 04:10

It' s supposed to go through the majority of September according to one of my pals at CharlieOscarDelta.

Alright, thx.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Initial impressions of the CoD4 US beta... - Sep 06, 2007 04:26
Whats the news with your 360 Eddie? You sent messages about it messing up on live
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 80

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message