Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 breaks all preorder records!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 10, 2007 10:01
If 1 million people pre-ordered halo 3 it just means 1 million people are stupid as f*ck.

Anyone who pre-orders SOFTWARE is a fucking retard.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 10, 2007 13:26
This looks pretty freakin good.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 10, 2007 16:41

If 1 million people pre-ordered halo 3 it just means 1 million people are stupid as f*ck.

Anyone who pre-orders SOFTWARE is a ***ing retard.

So if i know that if i dont preorder, there wont be a game for me in the store on release day, and there wont be one for 1-2 weeks due to stock issues, then im stupid?

Or i could not preorder, and spend a day driving around to find a store that has a copy of the game. It doesnt cost me to preorder and it saves me time.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 10, 2007 16:46
I didn' t pre-order Gears of War and had to look all over the damn place for the game. It was quite a waste of time and gas thats for sure.

Also pre-orders allow you to pay for the game over time which is always nice. Pre-order a few months in advance and take a small amount fro your pay check each time and put it on the pre-order. And occasionally pre-ordering gets you a nice little extra gift. So I don' t see the negatives of pre-ordering at all.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 10, 2007 16:49

ORIGINAL: Zoy

Who says we' re not allowed to post sales figures here? I know a couple of people have spoken up and said that they don' t like sales figures threads, but I don' t give a damn whether they like them or not, I happen to find them interesting.

Nobody has said that they don' t like sales figures. Eddie and i have simply asked that any sales figures posted come from the quarterly reports put out by the respective companies and not bullshit sites like nextgenwars.com or NPD figures.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 10, 2007 17:01
Hey, don' t forget me. I also complained a lot about people posting those figures *attention whore*

Anyway, I also don' t see what' s wrong with pre-ordering. For some of the smaller games I simply think it' s a nice sign of showing support for the developers and well for bigger games its, as some people already stated, to make sure you get the game on time.

And what about online ordering? The only way to make sure you get the game sent to you the day it launches is to pre-order it, eh?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 10, 2007 18:23

ORIGINAL: emofag

Anyone who pre-orders SOFTWARE is a ***ing retard.

As long as it doesn' t cost extra and you are sure you' re going to buy the game no matter what, I can see no negative effects of pre-ordering software.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 01:24

Nobody has said that they don' t like sales figures. Eddie and i have simply asked that any sales figures posted come from the quarterly reports put out by the respective companies and not bullshit sites like nextgenwars.com or NPD figures.

I can' t agree with grouping nextgenwars and NPD in the same category. The NPD group has been around for 40 years and compiles market research for dozens of industries, not just the game industry. Paying attention only to the figures provided by console manufacturers and publishers can be quite misleading, too, as they often quote figures that refer to how many units have shipped, which is always more than how many have actually sold at retail. (Edit: By this method, Atari' s " E.T." would have been a huge success!) I think for the most accurate view the game companies' figures should be compared and contrasted to NPD. Just my 2 cents on NPD' s il/legitimacy.

As for pre-ordering, now you f***ers are making me nervous about getting a copy of Halo 3.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 10 Aug 07 17:25:35 >
emofag

RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 10:06

ORIGINAL: Nitro

ORIGINAL: Zoy

Who says we' re not allowed to post sales figures here? I know a couple of people have spoken up and said that they don' t like sales figures threads, but I don' t give a damn whether they like them or not, I happen to find them interesting.

Um, NPD is reputable.

Moron.

emofag

RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 10:08

ORIGINAL: Mass X

I didn' t pre-order Gears of War and had to look all over the damn place for the game. It was quite a waste of time and gas thats for sure.

Also pre-orders allow you to pay for the game over time which is always nice. Pre-order a few months in advance and take a small amount fro your pay check each time and put it on the pre-order. And occasionally pre-ordering gets you a nice little extra gift. So I don' t see the negatives of pre-ordering at all.

So call the stores first?

What kind of an idiot goes driving around the entire city when he can just call and ask?

The only games I have ever not been able to just walk in and buy are blizzard games, because they are retarded and don' t ship out enough copies of their shit.

If you' re pathetic enough to want to pre-order a game you should do it online anyway, you will usually get it a day before release day.

< Message edited by emofag -- 11 Aug 07 2:13:46 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 14:09
Cause not everyone keeps a phonebook up their arse and using 411 with verizon would add pointless cost to the night already. Also the two stores I called clearly hired dipshits as they forgot to mention when I called that the copies they had were for people who pre-ordered and couldnt be sold too anyone else.

Anyhow that doesnt quite prove your argument on as to why pre-ordering is pointless.

Pros:
-Guarentees a game no matter what
-Can pay off the game over time prior too release
-Usually an extra incentive (exclusive content, faceplate, shirt ect) are included with pre-orders
-Get the game somewhat earlier then others

Cons:
What are the cons to pre-ordering?

I have a feeling you' re just arguing for arguments sake, huh? Well I guess i will play along til something better comes up.
emofag

RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 15:33
The cons are it ruins your image.

People who pre-orders are pathetic, do you want to be a pathetic loser?

Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 16:12
" Honey, you are preordering games? And I thought you were a REAL man and not some pathetic wimp. I am going to break our relationship off, now!"
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 11 Aug 07 9:16:05 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 21:07
lol evilman you remind me so much of Maddox.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 21:09
Most shops who run pre-ordering of major title give away a bonus for pre-ordering (as they are desperate for your cash) so if you don' t get pre-order you miss the bonus prize, so who' s the loser now?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 21:12
In one sense emofag is right about pre-ordering but here in my town there was 9 people who was buying halo2 in the store that was open from 11-21 and the time was 19:00.
And this is from a store which hardly has anyone in it.
And when I bought my copy,4 more had entered the store,and there was like 4 limited edition left,ofc there were like 15 normal Halo2 lefts too.
But in general its like emofag says every store has more then enough copies of a certain game,and especially now when 360 is expensive and not many has it,ofc with the price drop its getting close for lots of gamers to afford it too.

So apparently Halo has a lot of fans.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 11 Aug 07 13:14:12 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 21:21
My nearest store for games is ten miles away; I either pre-order there, or do it online. I prefer the latter as I then don' t have to go to a store to queue with a lot of fat sweaty gamers and illiterate chavs.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 21:21
There are only two good reasons to preorder on a big release like Halo

1: If you absolutely HAVE to play the game on the first day.

2: If you actually give a damn about the little extra trinkets and bonuses.

Myself, if i can' t get it in any one of the 5 stores between my work and my home on day 1, I' ll just wait a week. No big deal. It' s not like I' m going to completely miss the game or the game will expire or something.

Then again, I' m a grown-up.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo 3 breaks all preorder records! - Aug 11, 2007 22:14

The cons are it ruins your image.

That' s why I have my chauffeur hop out of my limousine & do it for me. None of the middle class scum even need to poison me with their filthy eyes.

Talk about peasant-like. Who leaves their houses anymore anyway? Order it online with your Dominoes & wire an extra $100 to the delivery boy to bring it to you with your Philly-Cheese Steak pizza.

Idiots.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread