Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA IV Delayed?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 08:57
My wallet heaves yet another sigh of relief.

They have enough games to spread evenly about the next year and a half, I don' t need them too all come out at once.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 10:58
THANK GOD!!!

That is good... now they can polish it up more and don' t have to worry about fighting with all the other games comming out this Xmas....

but now they have to brawl with:

Splinter Cell Convition
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid

.... GTA WINs!!!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 17:16
Yay, so I will be able to sleep this fall instead of 24/7 gaming from August to December. Thank you Rockstar.

But seriously, if there is a reason it' s because of Halo 3. When Halo 2 and GTA SA were released Halo sold BETTER the first few days and at the end of the year GTA SA sold only marginally better - and you have to consider XBox installbase was 20 million at that point, while PS2 installbase was well over 100 million. Everybody is afraid of Halo.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 3 Aug 07 10:17:26 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 04, 2007 00:10
All this does is add fuel to the " 360 is in trouble topic" .

Anyway, I agree that Halo 3 is having an effect on all of this, but I was also thinking that maybe some of the devs are delaying some games until after MS has the new 65nm chips out, thus hopefully taking care of the crappy 3 red rings problem. I don' t know, it' s just a thought that I had and to me it makes sense.

canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 04, 2007 01:36
The " Real" reason GTA IV is delayed?

LINK
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 04, 2007 03:59
thanks silent for the info, i think i' ll get registred too because seriously sometimes here it really sucks, few members , some few arrogant pricks and some few fanboys, but i won' t leave kikizo , i get used to u guys.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 04, 2007 04:07
Well Rockstar hoped to sell 10 million units in the first year of the games release with 5 million units on each console. THis might also be a reason for the delay.

As for cagamers link:
Woah, if that' s true I' ll just sit here in my lonely room and chuckle a bit
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 05, 2007 03:48

Thank god.

One less game to worry about this fall and one more to enjoy in 2008, I was really thinking it was a little too soon anyway.

That' s exactly what I was thinking. It also means I will be able to save some of my well earned *cough* money this year.

I am always glad when a game is delayed (like Metroid Prime 3, as I haven' t finished the first two yet).
< Message edited by Marink -- 4 Aug 07 19:50:08 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 05, 2007 03:53

I am always glad when a game is delayed (like Metroid Prime 3, as I haven' t finished the first two yet).

I feel the same way. I' m still stuck on Madden ' 94.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 05, 2007 04:00
The people who blame the 360 is retarded.

The 360 version has been the only one shown and is laggy and has pop ups,what does that tell you?

That shows how shitty and undone isn' t the ps3 version then?

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 06, 2007 10:59
You know, I' ll just go with the official reason until some other evidence presents itself. All this speculation is giving me a headache.

And, of course, I applaud ANY company that is willing to hold back a title to get it right. I' d rather have a quality title a little bit later down the road, than some buggy piece of ca ca right now.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 11, 2007 22:35
Bump for general GTA4 discussion, unless anybody has objections.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 12, 2007 18:28
The delay is a good thing. Could we be seeing a GTA game that isn' t buggy for the first time? I certainly hope so.

I also hope that this one feels different to the last handful of GTA titles, as recently I' ve been getting a bit fatigued with the series as a whole. But the prettier game engine and new game features should go some way to doing just that. Still concerned about samey mission objectives though, after all they must be just about exhausted of new ideas by now.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message