Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale'
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 27, 2007 17:33
Ah fuck you all!!!! Your posts are too long so I' m not going to read this shit!!!
I mean it' s ok when a thread has a couple of longer posts, I do long posts myself, but when a thread consists of nothing but long posts then... fuck it!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 27, 2007 17:56
Terrak,

By not supplying the average statistical income of the entire population surveyed, they can' t support the claim of Wii owners being " upscale" because there is no baseline provided. Gaming itself is an upscale activity, so if the overall population' s average income ends up being $90k or $115k, then the entire point is irrelevant. I' m not sure who said that Wii owners are poor - that' s obviously a stupid claim to begin with - but these statistics are just as baseless as any other wild claim. They don' t give the necessary statistical information needed to support their claims.

With regards to the rest of your reply, I now understand that you do this constant praise because you' re a self confessed fanboy.

I' ve made it clear why i posted those numbers. I' m not flaunting them. These were used to debunk a ' commonly' held theory regarding the Wii. I never made the assumption that Wii owners are richer then 360 or ps3 owners. Secondly i use the data to back my claims - plain and simple. By providing data i show clearly that my comments are not opinions but facts. Would you rather i post unsubstanciate comments?

I' m looking at the bigger picture of your posts - not just this one. You, I and everyone else here knows that you are incredibly pro Nintendo. And that' s fine. What' s not fine is constantly posting on and on about the same old shit. It' s not because we' re all opposing fanboys and we want to stay in our own fantasy worlds. We know the Wii is doing well. It' s on pretty much every gaming front page - including Kikizo. Understand that because you are a fanboy, tolerance for your biased opinions is going to be low. People are not going to take you seriously because you only look at one side of the story. No doubt there are also 360/PS3 fanboys lurking here too, and they' re treated like shit when they step out of line too.

This forum embraces gamers - not fanboys. If you want to post purely pro Nintendo stuff, please go to the official Nintendo forums and do your business there. The entire Wii issue (can' t believe it' s escalated to the point where there is an issue) has been done to death in these forums. Every possible aspect has been covered both for and against. I know myself and others are sick of seeing topics degenerate into these meaningless arguments about the Wii.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 27, 2007 18:56

Ah *** you all!!!! Your posts are too long so I' m not going to read this shit!!!
I mean it' s ok when a thread has a couple of longer posts, I do long posts myself, but when a thread consists of nothing but long posts then... *** it!

Especially when they are about the same old tiresome subject that has plagued many a thread. Just let it die already damnit!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 27, 2007 21:25

So the theory that the Wii sells only because its cheap is effectively debunked (according to this report). We can lay that theory to rest now.

No you can' t. Rich people buy cheap stuff too.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 00:39
Before i start here is the comment that i am refuting

http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=105832&p=15&mpage=3&tmode=1&smode=1&key=&language=

The ONLY reason the PS2 and Wii are currently selling as well as they are is due to their price advantage.

You see he was pretty sure of his statment. By making this assumption he can pretend the Wiimote is not a factor why the Wii sells and thus is useless. To bad its false.

No you can' t. Rich people buy cheap stuff too.

Yeah but this survey Proves that people that are well off (Upscale) who can clearly AFFORD any console can still choose the Wii. This has been my ONE and only point. Price was not a factor when deciding the console because they clearly had enough disposable income to afford either a 360, ps3 or Wii or all three.

Terrak,

By not supplying the average statistical income of the entire population surveyed, they can' t support the claim of Wii owners being " upscale" because there is no baseline provided.

Did you read the article?

Here it is for your convenience

Nielsen GamePlay Metrics is built upon the same data collection infrastructure as Nielsen’s TV ratings system, and can derive in-depth information about console gamers and their households. For example:

* There are seasonal use patterns of game play. In April, Wii’s peak usage hour was 5PM, and now, during Summer Break, Wii usage peaks at 8 PM.
* Wii households are upscale. They are more likely to earn more than $100,000 income per year.

As you can see they arrived at the conclusion by carefully studying data collected (from 33,000 individuals - a statistically significant number). Its not even the main finding in the study, it was an additional finding. You think they are making this up? If you can find statistical data that disproves this or you can show me any evidence to discredit the Neilson survey then by all mean provide me the link to the source. If not please stop with this rather silly attempts to undermine the facts.

Gaming itself is an upscale activity, so if the overall population' s average income ends up being $90k or $115k, then the entire point is irrelevant

WRONG. Here are the facts. Here is a survey from the US Census Bureau regarding household income in the US. You can study all the statistics if you want but the important data is down the bottom of the document

http://pubdb3.census.gov/macro/032006/hhinc/new01_001.htm

I' ll point out the most important information

Income per
household member

Gini ratio Standard
Standard error
ratio error B-Cell Value (Dol.) (Dol.)

All Races
All Households................. 0.450 0.0025 1,140 24,672 106

The Average income in the US according to this survey is US$24,672. In an average two income family the max would be around US$50k. Far less then the US$100k described in the Neilson survey. Your assumption that US$100k is the baseline income is incorrect. My point is still valid.

With regards to the rest of your reply, I now understand that you do this constant praise because you' re a self confessed fanboy.

Nice cheap shot. At least i can admit what i am instead of pretending what i' m not. Doesn' t change the fact that i back up my claims with evidence. I' m still waiting for
evidence to refute my claims.

' m looking at the bigger picture of your posts - not just this one. You, I and everyone else here knows that you are incredibly pro Nintendo. And that' s fine. What' s not fine is constantly posting on and on about the same old shit. It' s not because we' re all opposing fanboys and we want to stay in our own fantasy worlds. We know the Wii is doing well. It' s on pretty much every gaming front page - including Kikizo. Understand that because you are a fanboy, tolerance for your biased opinions is going to be low. People are not going to take you seriously because you only look at one side of the story. No doubt there are also 360/PS3 fanboys lurking here too, and they' re treated like shit when they step out of line too.
This forum embraces gamers - not fanboys. If you want to post purely pro Nintendo stuff, please go to the official Nintendo forums and do your business there. The entire Wii issue (can' t believe it' s escalated to the point where there is an issue) has been done to death in these forums. Every possible aspect has been covered both for and against. I know myself and others are sick of seeing topics degenerate into these meaningless arguments about the Wii.

Everyone here know who the 360 ' fans' are too. I' m not posting the same old shit. This is new evidence which categorical debunks the argument Agent made in the thread mentioned above. I always refuted the claims but had no evidence to back me up. I now do and i will make it known. Goodness gracious this thread HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THE WII IS DOING, its about the argument that the Wii sell ONLY because its cheap.

360 fans treated like shit when they step out of line? Embraces gamers? LOL Heres a demonstration of embracing -

http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=109261&p=6&tmode=1&smode=1

Looks like a line up of mostly 360 fans all taking turns to bash the Wii. I really can' t see any sort of embracing going on, more like people hating on the Wii because it is different. So 360 fans bagging the Wii is ok by your standard but When a Wii fan defends his console of choice you call me a fanboy. Well in that case i' d rather be a ' fanboy' then a hypocrite. Besides what news do you normally post? I bet 360 news right? What news does Agent post - mostly 360 news right, but you don' t tell Agent to put there news on the 360 forums, nor do you yourself post the news only on the 360 forums. Again Hypocrisy reigns. I bet if you tallied all the posts made i guarantee you the MAJORITY would be 360 related.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 27 Jul 07 16:56:02 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 00:51

Looks like a line up of mostly 360 fans all taking turns to bash the Wii. I really can' t see any sort of embracing going on, more like people hating on the Wii because it is different. So 360 fans bagging the Wii is ok by your standard but When a Wii fan defends his console of choice you call me a fanboy

So if you are dissapointed in Nintendo Wii your automaticly a 360 fanboy?

Id rather put it this way if your overly positive for the nintendo wii your a nintendo fanboy.

We like games, all in all, and the Wii isnt providing yet, so there is no reason for us to be positive.

mention 5 games from wii release to know that is been 100% worth your money? I cant even find a single one yet in europe i want to play!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 01:18
ok Vx you want your damn 5 games hun? you want them ? ok i' l give you he five wii games

Zelda and ..... and and..... yeah Resident evil 4.... and hmmm wii sport aaand ... aaaaaand ..................................................................................................................................... i don' t know man... can we count the unreleased games .. just two metroid and galxy all right ? there you go 5 games worth every penny and you can' t play them anywhere else.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 01:26
I kinda played RE4 on my gamecube! oh and zelda too
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 27 Jul 07 17:27:16 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 01:28

Well it sure as hell isn' t selling because it has lots of fantastic games!

One of the better comments I ever seen on kikizo.
QuezcatoL

RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 01:34
And btw these people around 100 million of ps2 owners why havn' t they bought a ps3.
If price doesnt matter to consumers.

Yes?

Tell me,im dying to know.

They suddenly decied that their previous gaming taste sucks and its all point and click games that matters now?

And the rest just doesnt care about gaming right?

It couldn' t be so Terrak that a lot of gamers out there can' t afford a ps3 or xbox360,but if they could they would get own.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 27 Jul 07 17:37:26 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 02:03
If price wasn' t a factor in the sale of consoles, then why is it so important to MS and Sony to do a price drop?

I don' t care what you say, the price point of the Wii is one of the factors why it is selling so well to non-traditional gamers. As was said before, and I think it is a great statement, we all know that Nintendo are marketing the Wii to non-traditional gamers. So, when these people go out to say Best Buy or Wal-Mart, they will see the 3 consoles, Wii, 360, and PS3. These non-traditional gamers will know nothing of what the 360 or PS3 offers, but they have heard on the news about this new gaming console the Wii, and they will also see that this console is $200-$300 cheaper than the 360 or the PS3. Now which console do you think the new gamer will chose? Pretty obvious now isn' t it. As a new gamer just beginning to buy consoles, you are not going to drop $400-$600 on your very first console.

I am still going to buy the big 3 Nintendo are bringing out, Galaxy, Prime, and SSBB don' t get me wrong. But I do accept the fact that the Wii is a gimmick. And as a gimmick is enjoying great success with the mainstream audience, just the same as Furby, Tickle Me Elmo, and so forth. People are facinated by this new machine, but I believe this will wear off in due time.

Now, I will ask you a question Terrak. Would it have killed Nintendo to produce the Wii with the Wiimote, but make it a comparable system to the PS3 or 360? Wouldn' t you want to play Zelda, Metroid, Mario, and SSBB, in HD with next-gen graphics? I know I would, and the majority, not all, of hard core gamers would have loved this. But as was stated before, Nintendo unfortunatly has shown that the hard core gamers that have supported them for so long are shit now.

Bottom line, there is much more to making a console than just slapping on a new control interface. The new non-traditional gamers that Nintendo themselves have stated they are going after do not know or understand this. The hard core gamer does.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 03:06
" LOL I am overstating the point or do you have trouble comprehending it? Let me see are we going to have an discussion on the definition of MORE THEN LIKELY"

" More likely to make over" is not the same as " more then likely to make over" .

" Wii households are upscale. They are more likely to earn more than $100,000 income per year."

Besides you seem to assume the article states more likely to earn more than 360 or PS3 owners. When it mearly states more likely to earn over 100 000$ compared to non Wii owners. Keep in mind that there are more than three consoles being surveyed here!

So let me re-phrase the malicious quote for the simple minded:

Wii households are more likely to to have a sum income over 100 000$ compared with people without Wii' s. This does not mean that Wii owners mostly live in households with an income above 100 000$, it only means they are more likey to see above that. However, most people surveyed do NOT HAVE A NEXT GEN CONSOLE. Maybe they only have N64' s,Xbox, Sega Genesis, Playstation 1, Turbografx etc.

Terrak please don' t tell me that the you' re surprised that housholds with a new console make more money than those with older hardware. Whom by the way outnumber Wii owners by a great deal. Also, you mustn' t forget that many Wii owners also own a 360 and/or PS3.

Agent Ghost>Terrak
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 27 Jul 07 19:15:52 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 03:12
Lets ask your mom on what she will pay for.

Playstation 3 for 600$ becuase you want games she never heard for or can play.

Or a Nintendo wii for 250$ with games she heard or know about ,and it has games the whole family can play.

Now what is that mother gonna choose?

ginjirou

RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 03:15
Does the average income of certain console owners affect your enjoyment of the console or something? This seems like a very important issue for you guys.
QuezcatoL

RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 03:16
No,but one person here seems to think wii is selling because of quality and not because of the pricing.

While the other consoles arn' ät selling as much for some weird unknown reason.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 03:21
Terrak just likes to talk shit. He can' t talk about Nintendo games so he has to find obscure quotes from questionable souces in order to prove a minor point. Except he ***ed himself because he didn' t even consider that most people surveyed don' t have a current gen console.

So all the quote means is that Wii owners make more money than people with older hardware.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 27 Jul 07 19:32:33 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 03:22

Lets ask your mom on what she will pay for.

Playstation 3 for 600$ becuase you want games she never heard for or can play.

Or a Nintendo wii for 250$ with games she heard or know about ,and it has games the whole family can play.

Now what is that mother gonna choose?

Thank you
ginjirou

RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 03:33

No,but one person here seems to think wii is selling because of quality and not because of the pricing.

The 360 is cheaper than the Wii, so it isn' t the price.
I think it sells because it' s user friendly. It' s very simple to use for non gamers. Many people I know don' t want to play videogames because they don' t want to spend time learning the ins and outs of gaming with advanced controls and the complexity of todays games. But they have become quite interested in the Wii, mostly because it' s so simple.
I guess the " hardcore" gamer would say that the Wii is a " dumbed down" console.

So aaaaanyway..... the weather has been kind of bad this summer.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 03:53
Leave Terrak Alone, XBDF.

Wii sells because it has more appeal and to a bigger audience..

Live with it.
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
RE: Wii sells only because its cheap? BS! Study finds average Wii owner ' upscale' - Jul 28, 2007 04:13
A 5 years old person can play with " WarioWare or Wii Sports" .
A 25 years old person can do some hard sports with Wii Fit.
A 50 years old person can train his/her brain with Brain Age Academy.
& many gamers want to play NiGHTS, Zelda, Resident Evil, and .../

That' s why Nintendo is successful with Wii,
their costumers are simply from all age groups.

Regards-Alimn
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread