Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 One to not underestimate
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 78
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 02:38
My comments were mostly made with a smile, but its more likely to find a weapon on a battlefield, than in an old ruin.

I never got into metroid though, i have tried playing the first one, but about halfway through i quit because the game is too horrid for me to play, it just comes down to taste i guess.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 06:03

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Who cares about which game is the better FPS? What I care about is which game is the better GAME.
Stats from gamerankings.com
Metroid Prime 1 96,3 %
Halo 95,6 %
FACT: Metroid Prime > Halo

Seriously though, the two franchises appeal to different people. One is an action packed FPS, the other an adventure game in first person view.

Halo 2 got better stats than Metroid Prime 2
It' ll be interesting to see which game will get the highest average rating, Halo 3 or Metroid Prime 3. Both are the last games in their respective trilogies and both are first party killer-aps.

Halo 3 should wipe the floor with MP3.

Honestly, for me the control gimmick of the Wii has worn off, all I see is games that look like crap and with stupid controls, most of the time I played paper mario or zelda I wished I could just play them with a normal controller and better graphics.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 08:10

Halo 3 should wipe the floor with MP3.

Honestly, for me the control gimmick of the Wii has worn off, all I see is games that look like crap and with stupid controls, most of the time I played paper mario or zelda I wished I could just play them with a normal controller and better graphics.

I can understand one saying that their not interested in the metroid series (though i still kinda find it odd coming from known FPS nuts) But gimmicky??..not a chance, quite clearly intuitive actually.. especially at the end when he was flying through the game doing multiple things at once, i love to see one do that on a normal controller
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 08:42
No game on a Wii will be comparable with a high budget title for PS3 or 360. If only for the fact that no Wii game will have the budget of the AAA titles on 360 or PS3. Wii games have low production values by comparison (that won' t change), even beyond graphics Wii games will have low production values. It' s simple, Wii doesn' t have the capabilities to take advantage of high production values.

Halo 3 will have a real orchestra composing original music for the game in 5.1 surround sound. Bungie has multiples more artists making content for the halo 3 than Nintendo has for MP3. This won' t just affect graphics, this will trickle down into everything including game mechanics and story.

MP3 is a last gen game with a different control scheme. The control won' t change the game. It will only change comfort. Some might say it makes the game more fun and interesting. I say these people are delusional if they put that much stake in a controller.

I certainly don' t find the odd controller more intuitive than the type of controller I grew up with. The standard controller is hardwired to my brain the same way that hands and feet are. When I hold the controller and play, I forget that it' s there and I put all my attention on the game. Every motion possible in the game can be done as fast as I can press the buttons. What can be more intuitive than that?

When I play a game I want to play the game, I don' t want to struggle with a new control scheme. The perfect control scheme is one that I don' t have to give any attention to while playing. The 360 and PS3 controller isn' t quite there but they come close. The wiimote is more like a distraction to keep experienced players from thinking about how crappy the games are.

I' m not saying MP3 will be bad (although it' s not my cup of tea). I' m just saying that the best on a lesser console won' t match the best on a greater console. It' s just common sense. If Nintendo wanted to beat MS and Sony in terms of quality Nintendo would have made a console that doesn' t suck.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 23 Jul 07 1:47:55 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 09:43
lol.i' ll let this little fella show how seriously flawed and ignorant most of your last post was:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/50842.aspx

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 23 Jul 07 1:46:17 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 11:35
When I play a next-gen game on the 360 or PS3 that' s even close to the quality of the old Metroid Prime games on the GCN, then I' ll start listening. Until then, I think Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii will do just fine.
Vx Chemical

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 15:14

When I play a next-gen game on the 360 or PS3 that' s even close to the quality of the old Metroid Prime games on the GCN, then I' ll start listening. Until then, I think Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii will do just fine.

Please Ginjirou, thats biased bullshit. Plenty of next gen games have the same or better quality. It might be a matter of opinion for you though, but guess what would happen if Metriod was released on a next gen console with no changes, the gameplay would be dated no different that other games released at the time.
Vx Chemical

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 15:18

lol.i' ll let this little fella show how seriously flawed and ignorant most of your last post was:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/50842.aspx

So because a kid has learned to swing the wiimote, he can play Metriod Prime 3? He could play the equilivants of Ninja Gaiden? The kids learned to bash things with a racket. That doesnt prove that the controller is good for anything but a tennis game!
ginjirou

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 17:42

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Please Ginjirou, thats biased bullshit. Plenty of next gen games have the same or better quality. It might be a matter of opinion for you though, but guess what would happen if Metriod was released on a next gen console with no changes, the gameplay would be dated no different that other games released at the time.

It' s just my f***ed up taste. I think the Metroid Prime games on the GCN were, and still are, incredibly fun and interesting to play. Even though many of the next-gen games have matched it in different areas, I still haven' t found a next-gen game that has given me as much quality in all aspects of a game as Metroid Prime.
Gears of war has the graphics, Forza 2 has the gameplay, Viva Pinata has the crazy innovation, Dead Rising has the fun, Oblivion has the depth and Lost Planet has the coolness. But I don' t think any of those games manages to bring all pieces together in a single package, the way I think Metroid Prime has.
The potential is there of course, Mass Effect might be the game to finally get me away from the previous generation of consoles, but so far I' m not much more entertained by next-gen games as I am by the previous generation of games.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 19:09
PS3! WOOOO!!!!

I' ve still got to finish the first two Metroid Primes actually. So, in a way, I' m glad the game has been delayed for a bit. I don' t want to finish the games after MP3' s released and miss out on all the internet forum talk. It' s a shame about the lack of online play though.

As far as single player shooters go, I am looking sooo much more forward to Metroid Prime 3, though.

My brother said he' s getting Halo 3 anyway, as he enjoys the series more, so it will be the first time I get to play a Halo online (once I get a job that is).
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 20:19
Plz dont use gamerankings.com when comparing games.

All pc users claim Half life 1 or 2 is the best FPS ever made.
It just happend to be so that alot of Nintendo section/sites know that MP is one of their key games and that all their fans buy their console for,so you cant give the game nothing then a really high score.
WHile with a pc game like half life you can write your own opinion without pissing off a lot of fanboys,because there is hardly any at the PC plattform.

Also GC was a weaker console then the XBOX,so even if MP got graphic socre like HALO 1 or 2 we all know it wasn' t as good looking.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 23 Jul 07 12:20:29 >
ginjirou

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 23, 2007 20:27

Also GC was a weaker console then the XBOX,so even if MP got graphic socre like HALO 1 or 2 we all know it wasn' t as good looking.

It ran at flawless 60 FPS, had the best art direction EVER (Halo' s art is shit!) and the graphics were quite impressive technically as well, maybe not as impressive as Halo, but with all things considered Metroid Prime looked way better than Halo, at least if you have enough brain to see more than just polygons and lighting effects.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 23 Jul 07 12:28:11 >
Agent Ghost

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 06:06

It' s just my f***ed up taste.

Exactly those are your tastes. There' s nothing wrong with liking MP3 or not. VX and I are not talking about tastes. We' re talking about measurable qualities that extend beyond tastes.

I don' t hate Nintendo, I hate Wii. Wii would have been far better if it had modern technology regardless of the controller, even if it was Wii was still third. Nintendo could have given us something respectable instead of crippled junk.
Vx Chemical

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 06:19

I don' t hate Nintendo, I hate Wii. Wii would have been far better if it had modern technology regardless of the controller, even if it was Wii was still third. Nintendo could have given us something respectable instead of crippled junk.

hopefully they will make money of smucks like myself who bought the wii, and make a real console next time, with or without a wii mote.

But theyll probably realize they have people suckered and release a 1Ghz console with 128Mb ram and a living room gyroscope for everyone to rotate in, Wiiiii arent we having fun
Virtua fighter 5

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 07:50
Stating that a gaming device is a ' piece of shit' because it has less horsepower than another is absurd. Why not try and give profound, reasonable, reasons why you don' t like a particular console.

If you are that that bothered about pure horsepower, Might aswell call 360, Ps3, ' junk' as you could build a PC to dump on both of them...

Good job i don' t think that narrow.

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 24 Jul 07 0:28:51 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 08:53
it' s not the horsepower that will turn a console crap, yes we said that so many times yet some ignorants claim otherwise.

I own a PSP but the time i spent on GBA emulator is much more than PSP' s games themselves... GBA vs PSP fucking huge difference !! Owning A DS today , i just can' t put that DS down, the first day i wanted to try every game , but now i' m focusing on Castlevania Aria of sorrow and new mario world , occasionaly playing wario ware and having weird fun with brain age. i' m very satisfied that i still have many games to play.
However, in Advance wars dual strike, the pen feels so gimmicky, you' re better off using the face buttons. games like final fantasy 3 seems to deliver the same experience using both inputs, in fact using the face buttons allows to hold the DS in a comfortable manner.

Wii so Far hasn' t shown any great games, the previews are so poor with exception of two or three games that are looking fantastic still that' s extremly few.

Agent Ghost

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 09:12
I have high standards, along with many pre-requisites. The bare minimume is that I get my moneys worth with the hardware. That' s the whole appeal of consoles, we' re supposed to get alot for cheap, PS3 and 360 have more value, Wii does not.

Frankly if it was about pure horsepower PS3 and 360 ARE shit compared to my PC. However, I like playing games with a controller, I like the fact that games are built on a closed system and I like the variety of games on consoles. A balanced gamer won' t have to choose between PC or Consoles, both are essential.

Right now 360 serves my console " wants" , maybe i' ll get a PS3 later, I would get one now but the fall linup will consume my gaming budget. Besides I pretty much only want a PS3 for Killzone 2, MGS4, DW6 and the BluRay player (over what the 360 already has). Wii just isn' t worth it. The console itself is not expensive (still overpriced) but with all the games and accessories. IT" S A RIP OFF! Why would I want to play this stuff when I have a modern computer, and a 360? I have almost zero interest in the Wiimote, and Nintendo games alone are not enough to invest in an entire console. I' ll just wait for the next Nintendo machine.

It' s pretty obvious that Wii is designed to appeal to non gamers. What' s so difficult to accept about the idea that most gamers are content with the traditional standard of videogames?
Agent Ghost

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 09:25

I own a PSP but the time i spent on GBA emulator is much more than PSP' s games themselves... GBA vs PSP ***ing huge difference !!

Handhelds are different. I actually liked the DS more than the PSP when I had them. Although I' m thinking I might rebuy a PSP remodel with Tactics and a few other games coming out.

It' s not that Wii is crap, it' s just crap compared to the PS3 or 360. There' s a huge fucking gap with quality and games. I keep hearing about potential, but look at the industry and how they regard the console. And don' t show me PR bullshit either. Game developers don' t want to invest in Wii. Will we see games for it, yes. Will we see many high profile games from third parties, no. Games on Wii will be very generic and simplistic. The Wiimote won' t save Wii.

Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 10:01

Wii just isn' t worth it. The console itself is not expensive (still overpriced) but with all the games and accessories. IT" S A RIP OFF!

THe product is only a rip off if the buyer (or potential buyer) doesn' t see any value out of what they are getting. Face it, some Consumers are gonna see more value in the Wii than the 360 or ps3, Deal with it.

Its blatantly obvious that you will never see any value in the Wii, as with some others here, and there is nothing wrong with your Opinions. But please stop trying to pass off your OPINIONS as fact. Don' t assume YOU know what people should think equates to value for money. Are you that full of yourself? Look at how you phrase that sentence. ' Wii just isn' t worth it' (stating a fact) instead of ' I think the Wii isn' t worth it' (stating an opinion). You just sound so bitter about the current situation of the console war. Wii is dominating - get over it.

Had it been just a few months of domination i wouldn' t even make a fuss, but, your persistent and unfounded Wiibashing (won' t last 3 years, see no promise in controls, still a a gimmick) coupled with 9 months of continued sales success (which neither the ps3 nor the 360 have come even close to matching the Wiis success nor do they look like changing that any time soon) i just had to say something. Your simply in denial, you can' t stand the Wiis success that it hurts which compells you to bash it at any opportunity. If you were comfortable with the way the 360 was going you would have not need to bad talk the Wii, but you can see whats happening - its so obvious hence all the negative comments about the Wii any chance you get. I am comfortable with how the Wii is going, its not perfect - far from it. But its moving along nicely. I feel no need to bash on any competiting console any more. I no longer feel insecure about the Wiis strategy, position. To bad the same can' t be said about you.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 24 Jul 07 2:10:19 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 10:14
Well, I dont see why you are defending the Wii on this issue. It' s a fact it' s not worth it' s money (the console itself). 250$ is overpriced. With 360 or PS3 you get much more for your money, with Wii you get less. And if that' s not enough, Nintendo developed the " Wii Trii Rip Off Scheme" : Pay 40$ for the Wiimote, 20$ for the Nunchuck and 20$ for the Classic Controller. If you want to play your games with your friends (means 4 player multiplayer and considering you havent owned a Gamecube before) you pay 240$ for controllers only. Holy shit *insert random angry nintendo nerd insults*

So the console itself is a rip off and I dont see any way you can discuss about that. But, what makes the console worth the money you spend on it, are the games. So I' d say the console itself is a rip-off but, if you take the games into account (and the amount of fun you' ll have with them) it' s obviously not.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 78

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message