Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Killzone screens (page 8)
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 11, messages 181 to 200 of 214
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Aug 29, 2007 01:10
Wasnt Cellfactor released for free?

or was that some other Phys game?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Aug 29, 2007 01:27
So it appears and it seems it was crap
http://pc.ign.com/articles/791/791158p1.aspx
Too bad, it looked cool. Waaaay cooler than Blue Dragon anyway....

You can download it here if you feel like it
http://www.gamershell.com/download_19042.shtml
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 28 Aug 07 17:30:03 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 10:33

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

This is completely relevant, as we are comparing an 08 released game, to a game that was released in 06. Bottomline, I think that it shows just how nice looking of a game Gears of War is that we can compare it to a AAA 2008 title.

You can just hear Cliffy B laughing right now.

Well, in all fairness Killzone 2 pre [pre(?)] alpha shits all over Gears of Wars, Gears has high res textures, what else?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 11:33
I have a physX card, it was only 150$ CAD new. I bought one a few weeks ago and having one unlocks the full Cell Factor game. I' ve only played in a few levels and I' m not impressed by the game. However the physics are pretty sweet. One thing that' s really cool about the game is that there is this super jump ability and jumping 200 feet in the air really feels like you' re jumping 200 feet in the air.

Before I bought the card I' ve seen a few people say that Cell Factor is the reason to buy the card. I can' t agree with that, UT III will be the reason to buy one. In a recent interview someone from EPIC was expressing that they were looking for ways to use the card as they said they would have support for it a while back. I think I read it at Gamespot.
Vx Chemical

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 14:56

Well, in all fairness Killzone 2 pre [pre(?)] alpha shits all over Gears of Wars, Gears has high res textures, what else?

Did you get special PS3 periphial glasses with your console?

Shits all over it, is an exageration.
fernandino

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 16:10
the amount of detail and the quality of the animations are not even close between the two games, besides, in killzone 2 you get real polygonal detail, not just high resolution textures, KZ2 uses a mo cap/hand animated/ragdoll system that blends and changes dynamically to get real life movement, i believe everyone can realize the difference in the amount of light sources, the sound its 7.1 and the number of post processing effects they are adding is just ridiculous.
Have you seen the IGN insider videos??? i stand to the facts, what everyone can see, take a look at the killzone level they showed (when they turn off the post processing effects) and compare it to any of Gears corridor-like levels, the difference is enormous, not to mentions this is supposed to be pre pre alpha, they still have alot of effects planned before release.

But you dont have to take my word for it, download the good quality videos and judge for yourself.

http://files.filefront.com/killzone2.../fileinfo.aspx
http://files.filefront.com/killzone2.../fileinfo.aspx
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 16:22
Sigh, all the pretty animations wont stop it from being garbage.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 16:27

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... (in reply to Vx Chemical)

And apparently all the lolipops and sunshine the universe has to offer still wouldn' t stop you from being overly cynical.
fernandino

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 16:34

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Im not talking about quality, im talking about the visual effects, please try to keep up.
immortaldanmx

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 16:47
lolipops and sunshine? When did we start discussing Nintendo
Dagashi

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 17:10

lolipops and sunshine? When did we start discussing Nintendo

It just felt like the right thing to say. After all, you just bought a Wii.
Vx Chemical

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 17:11
We' ll see when its released. It looks great, but its not aeons infront of anything really.

And it amounts to nothing if its as bad as the first Killzone!

immortaldanmx

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 17:24
? And you play FF, but I dont say hair gel and spandex, do I?

On a related note: RE4make sucks, cant move and fire at the same time, WTF!?
fernandino

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 17:30

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

We' ll see when its released. It looks great, but its not aeons infront of anything really.

First off let me say something, i didnt like the first killzone, i loved the art style it had but to me it wasnt an enjoyable game, however im not talking about that right now, im talking about the incredible piece of technology that Killzone 2 IS, leaps and bounds above everything else in consoles, you ask why??? is it because GG is such an amazing development house???, *** no, its because of the huge budget they have and the access to the tec of some of the best development teams in the world, for instance they shared code with Naughty Dog, with Factor 5 and such, clearly the game has to be stunning and in my opinion, comparing it to GeoW in the tech side is quite a disservice to the work guerrilla has put on this game, for fuks sakes compare the lightning system, the size of the environments, the seamless transitions between ingame cutscenes and actual gameplay, the post processing effects (which they can turn on/off dynamically), the quality in the animations, the sound effects they are using, for gods sakes theres almost no point of comparison.

< Message edited by fernandino -- 2 Sep 07 9:39:51 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 17:33

On a related note: RE4make sucks, cant move and fire at the same time, WTF!?

I like that. Makes the game much more scary.

BTW, Adam Doree said that Killzone 2 looks better than any other console game out there so it' s a fact now. Killzone 2 kicks ass!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 Sep 07 9:34:43 >
Dagashi

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 17:58

? And you play FF, but I dont say hair gel and spandex, do I?

Actually, I' ve only played about half of the FF' s, and while I own FF 12, I still have yet to put in anything over an hour on it.

Also, it was a joke. Except the cynical part, because you are overly cynical, and that' s a fact.
Vx Chemical

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 18:04

First off let me say something, i didnt like the first killzone, i loved the art style it had but to me it wasnt an enjoyable game, however im not talking about that right now, im talking about the incredible piece of technology that Killzone 2 IS, leaps and bounds above everything else in consoles, you ask why??? is it because GG is such an amazing development house???, *** no, its because of the huge budget they have and the access to the tec of some of the best development teams in the world, for instance they shared code with Naughty Dog, with Factor 5 and such, clearly the game has to be stunning and in my opinion, comparing it to GeoW in the tech side is quite a disservice to the work guerrilla has put on this game, for fuks sakes compare the lightning system, the size of the environments, the seamless transitions between ingame cutscenes and actual gameplay, the post processing effects (which they can turn on/off dynamically), the quality in the animations, the sound effects they are using, for gods sakes theres almost no point of comparison.

Im clearly not as overly impressed as you, granted im might be more sceptical than i should be.

People are allowed to be, after all your not going to be playing it on your dual hdmi PS3 with 7 friends co-op.

immortaldanmx

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 18:16
Im not overly cynical, I just dont masturbate to the sequal of a terrible shooter just because it has nice animation. And animation doesnt fix low-res textures.

CoD4>Halo3>Bioshock>Metroid>HelloKitty>Killzone
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 22:03
I guess Killzone and Gears both make really good arguments for holy-poly models and super detailed texture maps respectively.

I wouldn' t worry about Killzone being more impressive than Gears as there will be at least 18 months, possibly 2 years between the two releases.

Also, Gears was still using placeholder textures just 3 months before release so cut illzone some slack. I' m not confident they' ll drastically improve but even in their current state they look as good as those in CoD4.

I think the main difference between Gears and Killzone 2 is the amount of stuff going on in the same scene. Killzone is taking adantage of multiple post processing effects and appears to have far nicer lighting, ...the the two exact reasons why i fond GRAW2 (360) to be more visually impressive than Gears.

If you want to compare Gears with anything, compare it with the PS3 version of UTIII. It' s out in 2 months, uses the same engine, is coded by the same devs and like Gears will also run at 30fps (unless Rein has changed his mind since last week) ...
Vx Chemical

RE: First Killzone PS3 screen... - Sep 02, 2007 22:27
I think its worriying that MS isnt showing off titles thats going to release next year, slowly its seems like there wont be any exclusives to keep an eye out for.

Why is Banjo being kept under wraps?

I think it was wrong to cancel X07
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 11, messages 181 to 200 of 214

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll