Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Super Smash Brothers!!!!
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 81 to 100 of 108
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Aug 03, 2007 20:01
UPDATE: ADVENTURE MODE: THE SUBSPACE EMISSARY

Wow, the new update is awesome! Seems like we a really getting a full on adventure mode this time round =D Ton' s of screens, and also a nice video to go along with it.

Anybody notice Peach? Looks like we also got a new veteran confirmed aswell.
Might I add the graphics look amazing. Even in-game, just look at that fox screen <3 Sakurai says that the Adventure mode also emphasizes character development. Seems like each character will have his/her own story.

Seriously what is Sakurai thinking. This isn' t the adventure mode from the last smash people loved. It seems to be shaping up to form a game on it' s own with plots and character development.

Nintendo made my day with this update and if they would just announce Sonic then I' m done with.

All I can say is wow. Just wow.

Ooh and also this http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=15735

Seems like Ganondorf and Shiek are in Smash as well.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 3 Aug 07 12:09:09 >
Demonoroth

RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 10, 2007 19:07
To start off light.

new trailer for smash

Here' s a new trailer to start with to get you a bit warmed up for what' s next.

Now this is what I have been waiting for. Anyone who doesn' t get the game now is a total idiot. After 20 years it' s finally time to kick that fat plumber' s ass.

Sonic Crashes Smash Bros. Brawl
SEGA' s top icon confirmed as playable. New information and screens here.
by Bozon

October 10, 2007 - It' s the announcement we' ve all been waiting for, and now that it' s here we can hardly believe we' re actually seeing it: Sonic has arrived.

Nintendo fans have dreamt of pairing the Sonic the Hedgehog against Mario in Smash Bros. long before Brawl was even announced, as petitions and pleas swept across the net during the development of Super Smash Bros. Melee on Nintendo GameCube. Now, years later, Nintendo and SEGA have teamed up to deliver the match of all matches, as Smash Bros. Brawl has a new challenger, and he looks to be ready for the competition.

Currently available on Nintendo' s Smash Bros. Dojo website are brief details, screens, and video of Sonic in action. Though information on Sonic' s Brawl repertoire is currently thin, the video sheds at least a bit of light on how the Blue Blur will be battling this fall. Aside from the basic punch/kick combos given to every fighter, Sonic also makes use of his speed dash. Reminiscent of classic 2D gameplay, Sonic can spin in place, build up power, and then unleash it on a row of foes, blasting them in all directions. In another instance you can see Sonic using that same speed boost to deliver a pop-up attack on Mario, which then leads to a mid-air barrage that ends in a powerful slam attack. Since speed is of course going to be the deciding factor for Sonic players, you' ll want to combine distance dashing and quick, multi-hit combos at key moments, sitting back until just the right moment, and then striking one (or multiple) fighters with a burst of power.

As a final note, Sonic can be seen powering up to Super Sonic at the end of the video, shedding a bit of light as to what his more powerful offense could consist of. As a few other tidbits, Sonic makes use of the classic jump springs during the video, suggesting a Sonic-themed level and/or side-scrolling mode for SEGA' s top player. Oh, and we wouldn' t be surprised to see Tails make an appearance as well. Hey… if Mario has his posse, why should Sonic fight alone? This could mean big things for Brawl' s future.

Found something we missed in the video? Have a hunch as to more Sonic secrets in Brawl? Chat about it in our talkback forums below, and don' t forget to check out the other Sonic screens in our image gallery too.

The only images available right now of Sonic.

And ofcourse here' s the video for Sonic.

Sonic joins the brawl

Now I' ve always said Sonic would be in this one and well seems I' m right. Many people on other forums said I was an idiot and that it would never happen guess it' s my time to laugh now.

This game no matter how you look at it now is a must buy. The ultimate video console battle is finaly here.

And since I still love SEGA and Sonic it' s probably more than clear who I' ll be playing with. Focusing on Sonic as my main fighter and think I' ll have Fox as my second one.

The ultimate battle is at hands. People who weren' t sure yet if they should get this game or not should know the answer now.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 10 Oct 07 11:10:21 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 10, 2007 21:10
Wow!
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 10, 2007 22:19
I HAVE waited too long for this battle i cant wait.

Still no EU release date which means i might have to import.

Can you use free loader with the Wii.

Fox and GANON
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 10, 2007 22:46
Yep pants = Stained. Screw all other games Brawl is now an official reason to buy
a Wii.

Is it just me, or have Nintendo managed to capture the true feel of a Next-Gen
Sonic better than SEGA could do themselves?

Now all that is missing from Brawl is my character and Cloud. :)
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 00:20
Don' t know whether to C*m over Nitro or Slap mi Dcik around Emofag' s face. This is great News.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 02:25
Sonic seems to be a very powerful character. I guess that was Sega' s only demand if he was going to be in the game: Make him better than Mario
gamer4eva

RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 02:32

Sonic seems to be a very powerful character. I guess that was Sega' s only demand if he was going to be in the game: Make him better than Mario

Also this is the best game Sonic' s appeared in a long time.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 04:27
Tis a shame this game may be slipping into 2008...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 05:53

Don' t know whether to C*m over Nitro or Slap mi Dcik around Emofag' s face. This is great News.

Are you stepping in on my turf? Emo' s my man.... well.... right next to Mass.

mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 06:50

That' s Nasty man and very disrespectful.
< Message edited by Mikayd2 -- 10 Oct 07 22:51:24 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 10:53

Screw all other games Brawl is now an official reason to buy
a Wii.

It was a reason to pick a wii up months ago, before a date was even confirmed
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 12:13

Yep pants = Stained. Screw all other games Brawl is now an official reason to buy
a Wii.

I' ve been saying it for a year. I said I wouldn' t buy a Wii but this game alone has me tempted.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 12:55
Well for me this is THE game for the Wii. The defining game for this generation (for me that is). Funny thing is it could have easily been put on a competing console, play exactly the same but look much better - but its Nintendo' s game so thats the way the cookie crumbles. If it was the only game on the Wii i would still buy a Wii just for it. Hell i' d buy a DS if SSB was on it (i think i' ve mentioned that before).

AS for Sonic confirmation - FINALLY!!! I can rest easy that it wasn' t just a vicious rumour. First Snake, now Sonic. Hopefully more thirdparty charcters to come. Too bad we won' t be seeing Master chief or Kronos or other famous characters exclusive to 360/ps3 in this game or a game like this. That game will probably forever be left in gamers dreams.

< Message edited by Terrak -- 11 Oct 07 4:56:44 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 20:44
Yes! I can finally beat the shit out of the blue rat!
Demonoroth

RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 20:54

The original Sonic the Hedgehog game used only one button. I think that its simple yet exhilarating gameplay was its virtue.

And given that this game’s controls are also simple, I think it personifies his distinctive characteristics.

Side Special Move: Spin Dash

Yeah, you have to have this.

Hop into a supersonic Spin Dash. If you charge it up just a bit, your speed will increase.

It’s also possible to rise up while spinning.

Spin Dash, jump. A two-hit combo.

Then keep pursuing with a mid-air attack!

And do a Spin Dash in mid-air to return.

That, too?

Down Special Move: Spin Charge

By holding the Control Stick down and tapping the special-move button, you charge up your spin and do a Spin Dash. This may feel better for some, as there’s no jump.

KEEEEEEEEEE!

Up Special Move: Spring Jump

And his up special move is the Spring Jump. That spring launches you waayyy up in the air.

That’s high!

You might not use it on the ground much, but rumour has it that if you do, the spring that remains can be used by other characters.

Ah! It’s true.

Seems Nintendo did a really good job in handeling Sonic and his moves.
I' d love to see Sonic in action a bit more to see how well he moves. But from this it seems it' ll be well done.

If Nintendo manages to get that Sonic feel right then SEGA should just sell Sonic to Nintendo. They' ll do a better job with it anyway these days.
Duffman

RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 21:01
Moves look fantastic.

If Nintendo manages to get that Sonic feel right then SEGA should just sell Sonic to Nintendo. They' ll do a better job with it anyway these days.

Exactly! SEGA have managed to fuck up every 3d Sonic game, well Sonic and the secret rings in the Wii was meant to be decent enough. I never played it though.
Demonoroth

RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 21:10

ORIGINAL: Duffman
Exactly! SEGA have managed to *** up every 3d Sonic game, well Sonic and the secret rings in the Wii was meant to be decent enough. I never played it though.

I have secret rings and...well it' s a hard one to talk about. To me it' s the best since Sonic Adventure 1. It' s just fun to finally have a game with Sonic alone. And when you get his speed maxed like I have with the crest of wind then the game really is insane.

There are just to few levels, to many useless missions in each level. Some are really frustrating. There were times I wouldn' t put my controller down just so I could say " Take that you stupid game" when I finally beat a annoying mission.

The controls...well the idea is good and for me they work rather well. But sometimes it just doesn' t pick up when you brake or something like that. And they should have made it so Sonic can turn around and the camera follows. Instead of backtracking blindly.

If you' ve been waiting to play a Sonic that' s fun and lets you do what he does best. Then Secret Rings is worth it. If the game was as bad as Sonic NG I wouldn' t have over 150 hours on Secret rings now.

Secret rings ain' t a full comeback for Sonic. But after Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic NG there was almost no way to make a comeback. At least now he' s already standing up again and doing rather fast warm up runs.

I' m looking forward to a new Sonic title on Wii. The idea behind Secret rings fits Sonic very well. And SEGA did well to get the game at such a point in only one year. If they would take 2 years now instead to make a new one on Wii then we will most likely see Sonic make a full comeback. Then again Wii will be the only console getting any Sonic for a while. Think I read something about that a while ago. SEGA said if there was one console who would get a full new Sonic title in the coming years that it woul be Wii.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 11 Oct 07 13:12:48 >
gamer4eva

RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 21:52
This game is looking awesome.
Duffman

RE: Super Smash Brothers!!!! - Oct 11, 2007 23:47

And they should have made it so Sonic can turn around and the camera follows.

The camera was always one of the reasons why I didn' t like the 3d Sonics, they just can' t seem to get it right.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 81 to 100 of 108

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message