Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 al-Qaeda threaten Sweden
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 5 of 8, messages 81 to 100 of 155
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 18, 2007 21:47

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

that' s way too much of conviction like saying the world is not flat.

What?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 18, 2007 21:59

at least guys at least, don' t be 100% suuuure that god does not exist like agent said, 100% !!! that' s way too much of conviction like saying the world is not flat.

what i mean is that you have no doubts about this matter but i think you should, how can u be sooo sure? the world is not flat is a fact today not a single doubt about it, but saying God does not exist and i' m 100% sure of it, how could you say that? well you didn' t say that but agent did.

well Nitro the scholar has answered you about us influenced by our environment.

i think it is extremly hard to change one' s faith, that' s like changing his whooole life and it need guts, a lot of it, so what people do, ignore that and live their life happily why complicate our life? right?
Nitro

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 18, 2007 22:27

i think it is extremly hard to change one' s faith, that' s like changing his whooole life and it need guts, a lot of it, so what people do, ignore that and live their life happily why complicate our life? right?

Some people are more resistant to environmental influences than others. It' d obviously be more difficult to get somebody to question their " faith" once they reach adulthood, much in the same way that many elderly people are set in their ways and still use non-politically correct language. It' s just what they know.

I would call anybody who blindly accepted religion and didn' t question it weak minded. I don' t mean it an an offense, simply that they have the ability to reason and don' t because like you said, why complicate life?

Religion isn' t all encompassing though. There are several recognised models, the most notable here being those that see it as a social construction, and those that see it as an absolute truism. Agent and myself are the opposite of those that see religion as an absolute truism, in that we are 100% positive that there is no God.

Not that any of it really matters though. In the next couple of billion years our sun will become a giant red and all sentient life on Earth will be extinguished, ...although it' s likely that humans will face extinction before then as a result of a meteor impact. Perhaps we' ll colonize other planets before then though and worship space spirits?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 18, 2007 23:11

and worship space spirits?

" Chozo ghosts" was the first thing that hit my mind
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 18, 2007 23:45

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Not that any of it really matters though. In the next couple of billion years our sun will become a giant red and all sentient life on Earth will be extinguished, ...although it' s likely that humans will face extinction before then as a result of a meteor impact. Perhaps we' ll colonize other planets before then though and worship space spirits?

There will still be some religious fanatics that stick around to die here on earth, i bet.

I guess I' ll stick my two cents in since everyone else has. Nobody' s really going to like this, but...

I believe in god, but not any religious construct. There is an obvious order to the universe. There' s simply too much order to call it all random.
" God" is that order.
Notice I didn' t say god placed everything in order. That' s because I don' t believe in a separate entity called " God" . I beleive that god is the concept mankind created to explain the order apparent in everything.
God didn' t create everything, God IS everything. Religions are created to explain God.
Actually, I think all religions are an insult to how truly magnificient God really is. By simply accepting what some people wrote in a book a long time ago mankind prevents himself from truly understanding anything.

No religion owns God.
God has no chosen people.
God has never written a book.
Those ideas are a result of human arrogance and insecurity.

There' s no reason to thank god for anything because he didn' t do anything specifically for you. Everything that happens is the result of a logical chain of events. God doesn' t move the chain or create the chain. God IS the chain.

Do I understand everything? No, I' m too small. My purpose is simply to try to understand as much as I can.

And no, I don' t have any proof to back up my beliefs. There' s no philosophy to reference. It' s simply what I see when I observe my little part of the world.

And I was raised Christian, btw. My best friend is a Baptist minister and my other best friend was a muslim Imam (he passed away last year). They' ve never agreed with me , but we' ve always respected each other.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 18, 2007 23:56
The angry monkey that hides in Chris' bedroom has spoken! I guess that settles it...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 00:03
A guy sets up a shed in the park near the pond, he sits there year round, on his knees facing the pond. People wander by daily wondering why the man is living near the lake.

Finally someone asks him, and he answers. That he is dedicating his life to the god that lives in the pond, the god takes the shape of a little black man with bananas for eyes.

As word spreads of the reason for him living there, people decide to help him and have him admitted to a mental institute since there poor sod is obviously a raving lunatic.

If one person believes it, he is insane. If many people believe it, its religion.

Oh and Aba, if its written in a human language, it can be written by human hands.

I' m 100% sure that there are no gods.
Abasoufiane

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 00:57

If one person believes it, he is insane. If many people believe it, its religion.

Oh and Aba, if its written in a human language, it can be written by human hands.

I' m 100% sure that there are no gods.

well VX the point is nobody can write something like it , this is a fact , untile it' s proven otherwise, this statement is true and as i said god defies all humanity to creat something like it, something as good as the coran, you can' t even immitate it because if you do, it doesn' t sound right at all, something about it make it sooo special, the style is different than anything we have seen before...

anyway call this bullshit as you will, but i' m really glad i had this discution with you guys, it was very constructive... thanks to all of you. Back to Some Video Games, hell yeaaah
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 01:13
Look around you,design is everywhere.

If you look at a painting you dont have to ask for a painter to prove it was made by a painter.

Even if God doesnt exist,the DNA and the gravity is so fucked up and mysterious and fantastic in one way that something equal to god must then exist some mysterious force...
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 01:18
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe in what scientists are discovering and the evidence they provide, cannot get myself into believing what is essentially a ' book of rules' , from a source i haven' t a clue of.

I was brought up with Christianity, then my brother turned Muslim and tried to ' embrace' me with it..

In both Koran and Bible it' s says alike...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" God created the earth the sun, and the moon"

Years ago, Man would not have a clue how this could of possibly happened..It would of been Like ' Wow, lets bow down to the all mighty' this is awesome what he has done..

NOW, man has technology to sees Stars being created before their very eyes and has a BIG understanding of the physics and reasons behind these Events. (mainly gravitational collapsibility of large molecular clumps). Basically Gravity. Its not so Wowing at all.. In fact it' s simple physics.

You can' t See it, but We know it exists
It' s everywhere
It creates, stars, planets.
It' s drives the expansion of the universe, which ultimately drives the cycle of life as we know it or in distant planets we don' t know of.

GRAVITY OWNS EVERYTHING

This we know for Sure,
QuezcatoL

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 01:45
There is no one who has a clue were gravity came from.

Or why its there.

And lots of people belive that the 2nd big bang will be pulled in via gravity.

Large objects make smaller move to them,its nothing new,but has nothing to do with the real question behind gravity.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 18 Sep 07 17:46:32 >
Vx Chemical

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 02:20

well VX the point is nobody can write something like it , this is a fact , untile it' s proven otherwise, this statement is true and as i said god defies all humanity to creat something like it, something as good as the coran, you can' t even immitate it because if you do, it doesn' t sound right at all, something about it make it sooo special, the style is different than anything we have seen before...

You told us that we cant be 100% sure about the existence of dieties. But how can you be 100% sure that it is a god that wrote the coran?

It was written more than a 1000 years ago, by several people, stories passed on by mouth first, they tend to change grow exagerrated.

Andrew Ryan has the right idea (partially)
Abasoufiane

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 03:09

You told us that we cant be 100% sure about the existence of dieties. But how can you be 100% sure that it is a god that wrote the coran?

i don' t believe in anything 100% , however my believes about religion are 90% the small doubt left well i won' t base my life on, i' m not dumb enough to do that, i' ll base my life on all the things i see and make sense to me , there is those small black spots that i can' t fill , but man if i take the otehr way around , i' ll have large spots to fill and i' m risking everything, if this is true and i' m no believer , then what waits for me is beyond imagination... yeah may be you gonna mock that but do as you please...

The coran is not stories told by mouth, dude this is the problem, this is not christianity , this is not the bible , if you know about islam you will know how things got done to ensure the authenticity of the Coran, the book that has never changed since its creation, we can trace that back to old manuscript that are a 1000 years ago, sam copy same everything, in fact God promises that The coran will not be touched and changed through all these years... so please whatever you heard about christianity don' t apply it to Islam... can you at least make the effort and read information in any islamic website, they will answer many and many of your questions.. i just can' t go into details here.

One thing i noticed, when there is a debat about religion , Christians always avoid that aaalways while muslims are always eager to show their religion, on the rare occasions i talked about religion with a christian, as soon as i get deep he back off and says he doesn' t wanna hear anything anymore (that' s because i' m shaking his faith) a muslim is never afraid , i mean a true muslim that has learned about islam in school among the otehr different courses, not a " muslim" that has never touched the coran...
Vx Chemical

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 03:22

The coran is not stories told by mouth, dude this is the problem, this is not christianity , this is not the bible , if you know about islam you will know how things got done to ensure the authenticity of the Coran, the book that has never changed since its creation, we can trace that back to old manuscript that are a 1000 years ago, sam copy same everything, in fact God promises that The coran will not be touched and changed through all these years... so please whatever you heard about christianity don' t apply it to Islam... can you at least make the effort and read information in any islamic website, they will answer many and many of your questions.. i just can' t go into details here

If you find me a unbiased none islamic source, that will tell me the coran isnt written by a man ill read it.

I thought not!

I believe in science, i dont need a god. If i did, id pick something cool like Thor or Ares or something.
Nitro

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 03:54
The Coran wasn' t written by man?

But it says in it several times that the Earth is flat doesn' t it?

EDIT: And that the Earth is only 5000 yaers old?
< Message edited by NITRO -- 18 Sep 07 19:54:31 >
Vx Chemical

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 03:57
Someday when i have some months of my life i dont know what to do with, ill read the bible and the coran fully, so i no one can say im wrong when i say its bullshit
QuezcatoL

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 04:28
The Coran says humans were made out of clay.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 07:24
Now reading:

Frederich Neitzsche - Thus Spole Zarathustra

" There have always been many sickly people amongst those who invent fables and long for God: they have a raging hate for the enlightened man and for that youngest of virtues which is called honesty.

They are always looking back to dark ages; then, indeed, illusion and faith were a different question; raving of the reason was likeness to God, and doubt was sin.

I know these Godlike people all too well; they want to be believed in, and doubt to be sin. I also know all too well what it is they themselves most firmly believe in.

Truly not in afterworlds and redeeming drops of blood: they believe most firmly in the body, and their own body is for them their thing-in-itself.

But it is a sickly thing to them: and they would dearly like to get out of their skins. That is why they hearken to preachers of death and themselves preach afterworlds.

Listen rather, my brothers, to the voice of the healthy body: this is a purer voice and a more honest one.

Purer and more honest in speech is the healthy body, perfect and square-built: and it speaks the meaning of the earth.

Thus spoke Zarathustra"

Makes a lot of sense for any budding nihilsts.

Although telling anyone you' re a nihilist after watching The Big Lebowski is pretty embarrasing
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 09:58

But all the other religions say that their respective books are the best too. So who' s right?

Abasoufiane

RE: al-Qaeda threaten Sweden - Sep 19, 2007 10:04
OMG can' t you guys just get it , i' m not talking about what is best , i' m talking about the style of the langage used in Coran, it' s no simple arabic, it is masterfully written, i' m talking about the beauty of the writing something that cannot be done until today! i' m not talkinga bout the content of the information but merely about the quality of the language, that' s like skeakspear to u in english but waaay better in arabic. i really hope you get what i mean now.
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 5 of 8, messages 81 to 100 of 155

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message