Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 World at War - Review P4 - Wait... did they say zombies?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 77
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 11:44
Nitro

I haven't and won't be playing this until it come out, but i think some of you are looking at it the worng way. I don't see it as competition for CoD4, i see it as a compliment to it because they're so closely related.

Related? CoD4 is not the cousin or brother of fail. Gears 2 will shit all over this, hell Far Cry 2 will shit all over this.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 12:36

I haven't and won't be playing this until it come out, but i think some of you are looking at it the worng way. I don't see it as competition for CoD4, i see it as a compliment to it because they're so closely related.

COD5 is COD4s uglier sister.  If I've been fucking the hot one for the last several months and grew tired of her.  I'm not going to turn around and start banging the ugly one.  I'm going to look for a chick that's totally different but also one that's at least at par.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 13:54
Is it really that bad?

Eddie isn't usually far off the mark!?
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 17:06
Agent Ghost

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 19:22

Is it really that bad? Eddie isn't usually far off the mark!?

It's not horrible but it really is a half ass mod for COD4.  If COD4 never existed and this came out instead or it was priced like an expansion I'd have more respect for it but...

Keep in mind that I'm speaking from my personal viewpoint as a consumers, not as a reviewer.  I speak in terms of my personal desire.  Which takes into account the other games that are coming out in proximity.  I understand they want to release the game on Nov. 11th but shit, that date is going to kill the game.  It's sandwiched between Gears 2 and L4D, ouch.   Not to mention the other games that are coming in Oct./Nov.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 21:36
So, basically, the complaint is that it's not CoD4?
Kelvinellenton

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 21:40
Check your inbox, Masta
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 22:44
No the complaint is that if you have a limited budget or limited gaming time then this really shouldn't factor into your purchases, because of the quality.

As for Eddie being off in his judgment of this game, I think he might have exagerated a little, but lets give him time to start to see the flaws of COD5. 

As for my opinion I don't see it as competition to COD4, but I do expect it to at least be on par with COD4, they took a few steps forward in some areas(you now get more create a class slots as you prestige) and then several steps bakward(the animations are muddy, the textures are sub par, and the guns look ugly as sin).  Now all that being said I will prolly buy this game give it a good run then sell it back to gamestop.  I also agree with Agent that if you have a limited budget then there are so many better games coming out this holiday season that its stretching quite a few pockets, and this game is one that can pretty easily be checked off many people list of must haves.
Agent Ghost

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 15, 2008 23:07
I'm not even factoring budget, everyone has their own budget.  No one needs me to say what's worth their money.  What I am saying is that there's only 24 hours in a day, who has time for this?  If this was offered to me for free, I still wouldn't want it, it's not worth the trip to EBgames.  So mediocre.   If every fps melted together and made brown, it would make Cod5.  There's nothing special or remarkable about this.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 16, 2008 01:53
I got some more time in last night, and played a match with Ghost.

My impressions are always rather charged and, on occasion, a little biased. That's why I like to review as well as write up my first impressions, because nine times out of ten, my opinion about a title dramatically changes over the course of the first few weeks I've got it (Bad Company, CoD:3 Online, Star Wars: TFU et-cetera)

A few of the complaints you guys are making are valid. It's closer to Call of Duty 4.5 than a true sequel, at least as it currently stands, and a lot of the complaints seem to be revolving around this. That's not as bad a thing as Ghost or Torr make it out to sound, but it will turn some people off.

I will state that it won't compare to Gears 2's multiplayer, simply because Treyarch doesn't compare to Epic as a developer. However, I tend not to review games in comparison to others. I think it should be judged on it's own merits, as if Gears, or any of the other November blockbusters weren't launching. It's the same as assigning it a numeric rating as far as I'm concerned.

Now, with that being said, it's at the very least, a $25 multiplayer experience. They'll make or break the title with the campaign.

I have more I want to say on the title, but I'm going to give myself a few more days to really let the weight of it sink in.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Oct 16, 2008 02:02>
immortaldanmx

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 16, 2008 03:00
Eddie, have you been attempting the challenges with all the weapons? That will show you how pointless a lot of the design choices were, and how shitty the hit detection is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 16, 2008 03:04
No.

It's on the points-of-interest draft for my review now though. Thanks for bringing it up.
mastachefbkw

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 16, 2008 03:31
Kevin check your PMs.
Kelvinellenton

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 16, 2008 08:36
mastachefbkw

Kevin check your PMs.

I sent the code
Agent Ghost

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 16, 2008 13:08

Eddie, have you been attempting the challenges with all the weapons? That will show you how pointless a lot of the design choices were, and how shitty the hit detection is.

I thought it was just me as I haven't played in over a month.  It certainly does not seem as accurate compared to Cod4.  It kinda feels like you're pissing in the wind with these.  Hair pulling when you consider how small the clips are for these guns.  Though it is a Beta so that can still be ironed out.

<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 16, 2008 13:11>
mastachefbkw

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 16, 2008 22:25
Kelvinellenton

mastachefbkw

Kevin check your PMs.

I sent the code

Thanks, downloading now
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 16, 2008 23:20
Agent Ghost

I thought it was just me as I haven't played in over a month. It certainly does not seem as accurate compared to Cod4. It kinda feels like you're pissing in the wind with these. Hair pulling when you consider how small the clips are for these guns. Though it is a Beta so that can still be ironed out.

I completely agree with your statement. I have been playing a bit more, and I am finding myself getting frustrated when I am aimed directly at someone and yet half of the clip I unload does not hit the damn guy. This has made it feel as though most people have Juggernaut x3 on as a perk (personally, I wish they would remove this perk altogether).

Maybe a bit more time with the beta will change my mind, but for now COD5 is not at all on my "To Buy" list.
immortaldanmx

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 17, 2008 00:05
Canadagamers post was so true he had to quote himself

BTW, youre PredatoryElk, right?

And aslo, does anyone have a code, possibly 2? Im willing to trade for it.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Oct 17, 2008 00:09>
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 17, 2008 06:58
Ha, I didn't even realize that I did that.

Yeah, I'm PredatoryElk on Live.

Kelvinellenton

Re:World at War- Impressions on P2 - Review on Saturday - Oct 17, 2008 09:41
On an unrelated beta note: Who's in the Resistance 2 US Beta? I'm playing co-op at the moment and it's awesome
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 77

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message