Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why do you play video games?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 22, 2006 18:20
4 fun.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 22 Jul 06 10:23:09 >
Impreza_Natalie

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 23, 2006 16:42
i always like games i hung around with loads of friends who played streetfighter and Gran turismos i never won anything but i kept trying to play no matter what.

Then i decided to play Racing games specially ridgeracer i realised i am ok at it, then i heard 360 comes to play online with ridgeracer6 & dead or alive4.

Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 23, 2006 16:57
Other than simple fun, I can' t think of any reason in particular why I play them.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 24, 2006 06:12
I like to play games so I can complain about them In Internet Forums.
Jenova_dark

• Total Posts : 18
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 25, 2006 05:06
me too
alejandroyee

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 26, 2006 17:02
I usually play videogames because i like the storys of some games, for example hitman, the four games are very entretained, tlaking about other class of games the players can lean as it is seen in the brain trainer. this game it teaches to you as it is the level of your brain and that on the one hand seems to me very well.

the games that but i like are those that have good histories and those that have good graphs when these playing
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 26, 2006 20:06
I rarely do anymore, now that I have discovered the internet.

Of course, that will soon all change when I get my hands on a copy of Kingdom Hearts 2, my(and my bro' s) own Nintendo Wii, my(or my brother' s) own Xbox 360, my own PS3, games for each of them, many, many DS games, and much more probably...

When I do play them, though, it is mostly for multiple reasons. One reason is to actually find out what all the fuss is about. Then there' s escapism, and to obviously enjoy the game. Then I play multiplayer games, just to have a laugh(and have fun), really. I enjoy myself the most in multiplayer, though. If I am playing a game without a multiplayer option, then me and my brother simply race to the end of the game using seperate files, which is pretty fun as well.

By the way, tiz, I started gaming when I was 2. I also have a few brilliant ideas that I wish to use in the gaming industry some day. I' m not sure if any of it was false and just pitty, but I have received a LOT of praise for my ideas. So you' d better watch you back.

Well... unless, of course, you would like to join forces with me and we can create a game so awesome that it would finally allow us(and more importantly, me) to have full access to world domination!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
< Message edited by Marink -- 26 Jul 06 12:24:50 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 26, 2006 20:36
My mum died when I was just nine. I had always been into computer games casually up until then, as any child of the 80' s was. But when she died I had a massive void in my life, it felt cavernous like nothing could fill it.

My dad had always worked abroad, but was back to look after us and he really didn' t have a clue where to start! He went on to make some monumental mistakes, but started strongly by buying me a Jap MD on import and a Game Gear shortly after!

When I got a game I played it thorugh to completion, then i' d do it again, and again, trying to get the total time down each time, by the time sonic came out I' d complete that a few times a day just to stay in shape.

For me it was a massive slice of escapism. Even bad games were great then, immersive and had me taking on the roles of charecters I played in game when we were out playing with mates building gang huts etc.. In fact I remember playing crack down so much (which was a bad gauntlet style top down sci fi shooter) so much that me and my little bro were convinced that' s what we wanted to do when we grew up.

Anyways, throughout the time when I grew up games were always there to take me away from when times were bad. But they wernt just escapism, they became something more, something I could see every creative effort of vast teams of developers crammed into one product for me to enjoy.

I have all the other consoles too, but SEGA have me a rich vein of consoles which to this day are still really special and have vast amounts of sentimental meaning to me. I can remember where I was and what I was doing with my life according to what big games I completed and where, rather than by thinking for other achievements like school!

I' m not saying I' m not well rounded these days, in fact I had a gaming drought Mid PS2 /Xbox / PC last gen for a couple of years where I disconnected from gaming almost completely just dabbling every now and then, but that will never take away from me the true respect I have for games, and how special they felt when I really needed distracting as a kid!

More recently some very bad things happened to someone I loved, and I have been with them every step of the way. I thought I had been through the worst of things and although I cant say I used gaming to help those who were hurting - in the wee hours when I personally couldnt sleep, or in the short respite I had between making people ok and healing them emotionally I found solice in the DC with games like Shenmue, Sonic Adventure and Various RPG' s.

Despite sometimes being down (not depressed, jut a bit sad perhaps!) the games still made me elated and sd I got older I began to think that gaming, or ' playing' as a form of interaction fills a fundamental gap in our psyche, giving us time to switch off and interact without the worries of day to day life and instead of it being an unfulfilling task - leaving us stimulated and more mentally supple to deal with the stresses that life will throw at us in the same way that sports and hobbies can also do..

But other activities can not transport you to out of this world places fueled by human emotion, imagination & interaction.

I have done various games related creative jobs and moved between them and jobs with IT. I now find myself teaching about games on a daily basis and am looking again to teh future to see where this all may lead. It is a lot of hard work, and I really dont get as much time to play as I' d like, so in turn I' m not as good as I used to be, but there was a time not too long ago when I was untouchable at almost any game. I' d like to think that time will come again - but until then I have resigned myself to the recreation area of XBL waiting for the right time (and space) to achieve true greatness at something again!

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 27, 2006 02:03

I play video games so I can live out my homo erotic fantasies with like minded individuals on Call of Duty 2 on xbox live. War is soooooooo gay.

Y' know, I' d ask, but, I really am content with not knowing.

Games have been a part of my life since I was about two. My Grandma bought my parents a Snes for an anniversary present, and they played for a little while, but eventually life took over, and it reclused to a shelf behind our TV. I dug it out, and with help from my older brother, plugged it in. My parents were amazed that the two of us who didn' t have six years put together, plugged it in and started playing, so they left us be. Granted, I was awful, and felt amazingly happy if I could beat the first level of Super Mario World, but it kept me busy, and happy, so my folks couldn' t complain.
The Snes was fun, but I didn' t really consider myself a gamer untill my brother and I got an N64 and a Playstation in the same year. I had no memory card for the Playstation for a few months, but even still, i was on it every day, playing the same levels over and over again, just because I thought it was the best way anyone could spend time.
So for the most part, I play games for the same reason I read books or watch the news. Because It' s been a part of my life for so long, that It' s like second nature to me.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 27, 2006 06:13
I play to release tension mainly, it' s just a way to unwind. SOme of it is social also. Me and my friends get together and play and have a few beers. It' s jovial and fun. Also, even if I' m playing alone, it' s just something that isn' t work, and to a certain degree, I feel like it keeps me thinking more so than just sitting on my ass watching tv would.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 27, 2006 06:14
I fail to get why people cant accept why we play games,its fun k?
Yes you might get stressed in some games when its all about winning,but no one force you to play them.

Blackdraon309

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 27, 2006 06:32
i am addicted. my first game was age of empire for the PC. I was 6 or 7 when i started playing games. But my first console game was mario kart 64, from there i only played n64 and gameboy color games till 2003 when i sold my n64 so i could get money for my ps2 then in 2004 my brother bought me a n64 and a bunch of games for my birthday. it kept me out of trouble at school somy mom couldnt complain, much.
Silentbomber

RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 27, 2006 07:52
You know, I hate this same Avatar thing people have, I thought eddie was talking!

and Naked Snake, I believe you have something of mine...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 27, 2006 11:58
Screw it. I' m getting something other than a Link avatar. I' d normally tell any noob to change theirs, but, this is like the fourth time someone' s picked both of those Link avatars. (both were mine at some point) I' m changing mine to something obscure, and keeping it that way.

Ahhh... much better.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 27 Jul 06 4:01:10 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 27, 2006 23:02
I play video games with the hopes and dreams that I' ll be able to conquer Joe Redifer at some thing, some day!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 27, 2006 23:06
I think Terry plays games to sign in, scare people, download content, and then
be away for 8 hours and then sign out.

Silentbomber

RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 28, 2006 00:49
Terry, how do you know Joe isnt lieing after all these years?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 28, 2006 18:18
I play games to have fun! really is there any other way to put it. You can put all kinds of other words to it, but it always comes down to fun!

FUN
LoZ:TP

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 29, 2006 00:35
i skipped everythng but heres my answer. why do we [play games? to get awat from REAL life. we go there for our imaginations. not just for " fun" . well, make up your reasons. i will.
i play it for everything xcept for the grapichs. a little is enough, but eh. i dont need a SINGLE blade or some cool looking grass slowing down my gaming. or lagging it. we need what makes games games. Violence, Fantasy, and most of ALL, girls. violence seperates the game from " abc,123!" from these vids: http://youtube.com/results?search=Mortal+Kombat+&search_type=search_videos&search=Search. look at it then compare
LoZ:TP

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Why do you play video games? - Jul 29, 2006 01:05
awat=away. " Even though he died, he still in our hearts." CHEESY
crap. anyways ill be typing morinic stuff for about.. 2mins. Roxx and rul32 the Hou2e. w3 havfta go 1n ze cave and xcava1te the or3s. 312e th3 monk3y sa1d, oh aaahh eee ah! le1s go to japa/\/.
Kewl stuff here folks.

we play games to look at ourselves in another galaxy. Have u ever imagined that u were Kratos and started MK' ing those people? Do u wish u were him in that sex minigame? i know u do. look at this, we imaging ourselves in another world. we thnk we is him, he is you and us is that bird. this was supposed NOT TO MAKE SENSE
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message