Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which will you buy? Doom3 Or Half life 2?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Which will you buy? Doom3 Or Half life 2? - Jul 28, 2004 22:03
Ha, yeah Half Life 2 has been delayed WAY too long now. But, it is still going to be a monumental game for PCs. Doom 3 is looking jaw-dropping right now, especially the more I read about it' s gameplay. Seeing the new vids really takes me back to when Doom2 was out.

But, we all know that Half Life 2 is going to be a more practical buy if you had to choose 1. Why? Mods of course, with major online play. I could be mistaken but I believe I read that the PC version of DOOM3 doesn' t even have a multiplayer. While that doesn' t bother me, it would sure add some replay value
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Which will you buy? Doom3 Or Half life 2? - Jul 29, 2004 17:01
I' ll be getting Doom3 for the Xbox and Half Life 2 for my PC.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Which will you buy? Doom3 Or Half life 2? - Jul 30, 2004 18:29
Does anyone know what kind of PC you' ll need to run both games? The processor and the graphics card mainly. I know for optimum play you' ll need more than 256mb of ram (which is all I have...). I' m a console man, I' m not ' up' on processors and the latest graphics card. I remember when my Voodoo 3 was the best around. Eek!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Which will you buy? Doom3 Or Half life 2? - Jul 31, 2004 19:53
At the moment, Doom 3 is looking to take around 1.8 GHz (Processing power usually isnt a concern), at least a 128MB graphics card, and 512MB of RAM. Of course, better specs would mean better performance. As for HalfLife 2, its still unknown, but I suspect higher specs than Doom 3 for optimal performance.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Which will you buy? Doom3 Or Half life 2? - Jul 31, 2004 20:43

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

At the moment, Doom 3 is looking to take around 1.8 GHz (Processing power usually isnt a concern), at least a 128MB graphics card, and 512MB of RAM. Of course, better specs would mean better performance. As for HalfLife 2, its still unknown, but I suspect higher specs than Doom 3 for optimal performance.

I' ve read in a couple different places(may not be true) that for full optimization you need a 512 meg video card....which doesn' t exist on the market yet. I would expect Doom3 takes more raw power, but Half-Life 2 has a more realistic look and feel to it.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message