Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 04, 2005 13:38
The software that powers these forums is completely horrible. Every time I come to Kikizo, my browser bogs down something fierce. I know that Kikizo only likes people who use that crappy Internet Explorer browser and only on the Windows platform, but I like Firefox and Firefox is an increasingly popular browser. I am randomly logged off A LOT for no reason and must resign in to make new posts. It takes forever to make a post since when I press the OK button to submit a post it sits there for a few minutes and eventually gives me an error. Many threads (like the This or That thread) won' t show the latest post until someone after them replies. This is the 3rd time I' m trying to make this post due to forum errors.

Bottom line: The software powering this forum is extremely buggy and slow, and it makes Kikizo' s forums a very unpleasant place to visit.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 04, 2005 15:49
I' ve been experiencing these problems as well - especially in the last two weeks. Firefox is my preferred browser, but I' ve noticed IE is not much better either.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 04, 2005 19:30
I use opera and have the same problems. gut rot
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 05, 2005 16:19
I' ve noticed it too, over the last couple of weeks. And you' re right Joe (as if YOU didn' t know), it does make the experience at these forums much less pleasant than it used to be. Hopefully it' s just a temporary situation.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 05, 2005 20:50
I can' t post anything, it keeps coming up with an error. if this posts I' ll be in shock, I' ve tried to reply to a thread in another part of the forum about 5 times with no luck.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 06, 2005 09:55
I' ve upgraded to Firefox 1.5 and it works way better than 1.0.7 did. I don' t know if it solved the problem or not, but things seem to work much better now.

*WOW, what an amazing difference!*
< Message edited by Sharon -- 6 Dec 05 18:26:01 >
Joe Redifer

RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 06, 2005 10:46
I' ve been using Firefox 1.5 all along. Maybe they fixed the server or something.

*test post*

EDIT: Yeah I think they did. MUCH better!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6 Dec 05 18:46:49 >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 06, 2005 13:49
I can actually post in other parts of the forum, success! Cheers mystical gods of the Kikizo forum...
THE_MASTER_OF_FIRE

• Total Posts : 15
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 06, 2005 15:48
I was a bit confused about this forum myself. It' s a little advanced. And complicated. Still...I like.

Oh yeah I' m new. Don' t get your panties in a bunch. I' m not a fanboy hating bastard. I' m a regular in bigger sites. So don' t expect a bunch of crappy threads from me. I just need my niche site to talk to people without any bull involved. And hopefully I can contribute to this site positively. And by the looks of it. Some of you guys are anti-noobs. Say what you want. I' m here for the long run.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 06, 2005 15:51
I' m not antinub as in new people to the forum. I' m antinub to the idiot kind of nub that starts a PS3 fanboy thread.
You don' t seem like the second one, so welcome to the forums.
THE_MASTER_OF_FIRE

RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 06, 2005 15:56

I' m not antinub as in new people to the forum. I' m antinub to the idiot kind of nub that starts a PS3 fanboy thread.
You don' t seem like the second one, so welcome to the forums.

Good to know. Already a PS3 thread huh ? Wow. I' m already starting to feel the addiction to this site like I had on others.

This place is missing spell check though.
Joe Redifer

RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 06, 2005 18:29
Yes, you' ll have to rely on your own intelligence to spell words properly.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 07, 2005 01:05
Actually in Denmark, where i live, the new grammatics " laws" allows people to spell things however they like as long as the word would be pronounced in the right way.

Here is an example.

" Velcum to the Kikizo sight, Ve all hav a lot of fun here"

Actually its much harder to do in english than in danish, because of our pronounciations.

Chocolate, for example is either spelled Chocolade, or Sjokolade, and with the new rules it would also be, Sjocholade, or Chokolade.

It makes no sense, look at the silly money.
THE_MASTER_OF_FIRE

RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 07, 2005 01:12

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Yes, you' ll have to rely on your own intelligence to spell words properly.

I don' t have any. I fail.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 10, 2005 21:59
The speed of the forum is usually dependant on server traffic and CPU usage, but the bugginess, particularly in non-IE browsers, is obviusly a software matter. I think this place works fantastically when the server is running well and you' re using IE. If not then it' s a problem but I think that it' s something that is being worked on by the forum design monkeys. So please hang in there, we' ll aim to figure out how to make things smoother in Firefox as soon as humanly possible, because we do want it to be smoother for all users here.
Joe Redifer

RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 10, 2005 23:51
Actually it' s running beautifully in Firefox now and has been for the past few days. What normally happens is the forum starts out great, then slowly starts to decline, getting buggier and slower. Then it wigs out completely. Then SNAP it is fixed and fast again. Must be a database problem or something like that. It seems like when something gets reset or dumped, it turns great again.

I went to school for database programming a few years ago, but there was a damn fine woman in my class so I didn' t learn a thing!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11 Dec 05 7:51:39 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 16, 2005 05:25
.... and here was me thinking, that i was the only guy who viewed women solely as sex objects......
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 16, 2005 07:24
Depends on who they are and what they look like, or both, depending on who you and they are....

Forum bugs out on me at times, my post doesnt appear and i have to rewrite it, half the time i give up when it does that! And im even on IE.
shade

• Total Posts : 77
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Dec 31, 2005 08:16
Whats the useless bit of skin around a pussy called ???

A Woman ..
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: What' s Up With the Lame Forum Software? - Jan 01, 2006 00:12
Shade... lmao
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages