Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WWF/WWE PROBLEMS!!
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
WWF/WWE PROBLEMS!! - Feb 14, 2007 02:09
I used to be really into WWF in the Attitude era but i recenty bought Smackdown vs Raw 2007. I have always known about the WCW/ECW merge thing. But WHY did they do it?
Why have they split Smackdown and Raw into 2 differnt rosters? its CRAP! (in my opinion anyway) Ive alwys tought it was better before eg. If you wanted to see the Undertaker and HHH at the same time you could go to either Smackdown or Raw, but these days you would have to only see one!
Was there any good reason for the split?
Any answers would be helpfull coz im really confused!!

Also: Why have they changed the name to WWE (I personally hate the ENTERTAINMENT as it souds more fake ect!!!) I know it is because the World Wildlife Foundation (BOO!) have the same name but why has it only changed recently and not when the WWE was first founded?
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: WWF/WWE PROBLEMS!! - Feb 14, 2007 02:31

I have always known about the WCW/ECW merge thing. But WHY did they do it?

They got competition with TNA. Thats where superstars go to Jeff Jerret wrestling TNA. Dudley boys, christian (champion still i think), kurt angle. Plus more
I don' t have a link but these things happen a while back...long while wrt Name change.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: WWF/WWE PROBLEMS!! - Feb 14, 2007 02:33
If I were you I would look it up on Wiki as they seem to have the complete history.

BTW WCW was WWF / WWE main competition, this was purchased back in 2001 I think, the ECW thing was not a merger it went out of business, but the name was purchased by WWE and re-born last year.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 13 Feb 07 18:36:38 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: WWF/WWE PROBLEMS!! - Feb 14, 2007 06:05

Also: Why have they changed the name to WWE (I personally hate the ENTERTAINMENT

They had to change it because World Wildlife Foundation already had the initials WWF copywritten

Edit: accidentally put WWE instead of WWF
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 13 Feb 07 22:05:38 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: WWF/WWE PROBLEMS!! - Feb 14, 2007 06:16

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

They had to change it because World Wildlife Foundation already had the initials WWF copywritten

Edit: accidentally put WWE instead of WWF

This is true, however the World Wildlife Fund only really pressed the point when WWE was taken to courts on grounds of sexual harrasment and I think an alleged rape charge against staff. They then said that the WWE was gaining ill repute, affecting the WWF (panda) brand.

Before this there was a kind of gentlemans agreement that the panda wouldn' t enter the square circle if Hulk Hogan wouldn' t leg drop David Attenborough whilst filming The Trials of Life.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: WWF/WWE PROBLEMS!! - Feb 14, 2007 22:13
Why did all of that happen? I' ll tell you why. Vince Mcmahon has gone fucking crazy in his older age!!

Ted Turner was getting rid of WCW anyway, and who better to pop up out of the blue to by WCW then Vince Mcmahon. Don' t you remember the last Monday Night Nitro when at the end of the show Shane Mcmahon showed up on Nitro. Stupid in my opinion.

The WCW is what kept the WWE as goog as it used to be, but now with no real competition, although I think TNA in a year or 2 can start to push them, the WWE just doesn' t have to put the same kind of effort into the WWE anymore. I mean come on, do we really need a white rapper wrestler with no real life street cred? No we do not!!

TNA right now is what I try to watch. It' s different, and it' s actually quite good, if you can past the fact that they are nothing more than a combination of a little of the old ECW, or at least they try to with the X division, and the UFC octagon shaped ring, which I think is fucking awesome!!! But yeah, guys like Christian Cage have left the WWE for TNA, along with Kurt Angle, and I can really see a lot more guys jumping ship if given the right amount of money and opportunity.

Anyway, way back when for me, there was no better wrestling to watch than the old ECW. Paul Heyman is a genius, and Vince Mcmahon knows it. You talk about WWE being good when they had the Attitude brand, well no shit it was good since they stole that idea from Paul Heyman and the ECW who were doing the same thing light years before Vince supposedly got the great idea of Attitude.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: WWF/WWE PROBLEMS!! - Feb 15, 2007 07:28

TNA right now is what I try to watch.

Oh my god i hope your kidding, right? I thought WWE had too much talking and too much commercials, but then i watched TNA and i wanted to cry

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll