Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 03:22
i know it' s an old game but i finaly played it, this is the worst Dead or alive game i ever played, i played the first 1 and 2 which were great n the third was meh and this one feels just horrible, mind you i just put in my xbox and played the story mode with Jan lee or whatever and i was extremly disapointed , not by the graphics which were like the xbox (almost) but by its control and it' s AI that is beyond bad.

First of all, the fucking d-pad is just horrible piece of crap, i just can' t believe AGAIN how MS can release something like that , this industry is more than 25 year old yet they can' t firgure out which D-pad design is good, it' s unresponsive, very slow and cheap... NOW HOW IN HELL COULD MS not notice, Everytime it happends, they release a hardware that is sooo complexe YET they ignore completely the input to use it. Somebody should get fired ASAP.

Now i reached to stage 6 i think when i had to fight that Girl Copy (don' t remember the name) and it is so fucking hard, i' m EXTREMLY GOOD in soul calibur and i' m all right in Tekken yet i COULD NOT beat that girl, it never happened to me in all my gaming life, To not be able to beat a boss (or mini boss in that case) even after trying 20 times... it cheats so bad, your energy bar decrease dramaticaly in less than 2 seconds and it' s fucking HARD to Dodge the attacks because of the D-pad and the controls, TAKE NOTE TECMO , you Guard with a button in 3d fighting game NOT by pulling back, Take notice from soul calibur you piece of shit, and YOU SHOULD make it easier to go to the sides to dodge the attacks.

I turned off my console, you don' t buy those stupid games, it sucks big time, for god' s sake even the music is horrible.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 04:58
Yes, that' s a problem many people had with DoA4. A bit like with Ninja Gaiden. Maybe there' ll be a new DoA4 release with some sort of " Ninja Dog" mode for the people that find Alpha-152 overpowered.
Abasoufiane

RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 05:06
WTF is alpha-152 ? is that the name of the copy? screw it man, this is the lamest boss battle ever, i minute for 2 seconds the AI gets dumb then the next 2 seconds it starts countring every fucking move you pull out, not only that , but it interropt me in my Combo... and once you get hit , you start bouncing on the ground like you' re a fucking basket ball, 60% of your energy bar in lass then 2 seconds and you are totaly hopeless in the air ... Long life soul calibur. oh an,d fuck that D-pad big time
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 05:06
WTF is wrong with DOA4? It' s a piece of s*** button masher with helium breasts. WTF is wrong with you for playing it and expecting anything of quality? Try playing a real fighting game sometime. Now apologize to this community for creating this thread!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 05:07
DOA4 was shiny, and it looked really good in the 360 kiosks before the console launched. ' Nuff said.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 05:22
I hang out with many hardcore fighting fanatics... Playing excessive VF5 at home. On occasions we travel or meet up mainly at trocadero (London, uk) to Club Sega arcade in Akihabara (tokyo, Japan)...

IVe not heard one person say anything thing special about DOA4 when it' s been raised in a discussion, not one.. I hear mostly criticism on how the play mechanics are broken..

I brought the game back when it was released and after trying to play vs with many friends EVERY session ended up with ' never waiting time playing this shit again' .

DOA4 = For a Casual Masher = GOOD!

DOA4 = For a Hardcore fighting Fan = SHIT.
Abasoufiane

RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 05:22

WTF is wrong with you for playing it and expecting anything of quality? Try playing a real fighting game sometime. Now apologize to this community for creating this thread!

i expected a nice game NOT HORRIBLE, may be the game in itself is just average but the d-pad bring it down to the bottom, and i did play dead or alive1 or 2 and the fourth doesn' t have the previous feeling AT ALL...
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 05:43
I seriously don' t know how you guys manage to play DoA4 with button mashing. I mean, I tried in the beginning, but I always end up losing. Somehow using reversals is much better for me =/

And I can' t really agree on the fourth being that much different from the previous. I actually found it to be somewhat similiar to DoA 2 which is a big pro in my book as I disliked DoA 3.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 07:39
Nah, DOA4 is still the bestest of games for the 360 imo.

It' s a game, where it doesn' t matter how much I train combos and shit, a rookie can still play the game for the first time and prove a challange to me.

I DID however beath the game on the hardest difficulty leve, with a number of perfects after eachother, with my eyes closed, and pushing a single button (mostly, sometimes my friends told me to switch " tactics" and hit the " other" button..." ), until the final boss battle, that always proved to be almost a challange.

However, it' s the same with VF5 imo. The A.I is just waiting for a can of whopass! And who plays fighting games to beat A.I?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 07:46
I dislike fighthing games.

I can' t see the fun in them,at the same time I love hacknslash strangely.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 11:06
I didn' t really like DOA4 either. I thought DOA2/DOA2U were the best ones. The final boss is so broken it' s not funny: She CANNOT counter. Any character with a single move that you can spam quickly will be able to flawless the boss.

e.g
Ryu Hayabusa: If you do his " Diagonal Up Left" + " Kick" move and time it correctly you can get a flawless in a couple of mins. Any character with similarly quick moves can flawless the boss easily. Just requires distance and timing.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 15:27
DOA2 is definetly my favorite as well, i overplayed it at my friends house, on his PS2. I had to threaten to beat him physicly with the controller because he was so annoying.

A-153 or whats her name isnt really that tough when you get the hang of her. I dont play for absolute serious buisness when i play fighting games, i dont want it to be button mashing but i dont need to put 100 hours into a character to know it perfectly either, if i wanted to waste my life like that, id still be playing WoW
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 16:36
Arcade sticks > gamepads
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 20:59
And nobody' s impressed I beat the game on hard with my eyes closed.

Am I wrong to guess you' ve all done the same?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 08, 2007 21:08
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 09, 2007 04:52
I was going to say something but Zoy said it better than I planned.

WTF is wrong with DOA4? It' s a piece of s*** button masher with helium breasts. WTF is wrong with you for playing it and expecting anything of quality? Try playing a real fighting game sometime. Now apologize to this community for creating this thread!

DOA is trash, it' s always been trash. Bringing it to " next gen" only makes it flashy trash.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 10, 2007 07:46
I like it.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 10, 2007 17:38

I like it.

As do I. In my view you can' t find a more enjoyable fighting game then the DOA series. High impact moves, environmental interaction, lovely visuals and half naked women in short the series offers everything I seek from my fighting games.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 10, 2007 19:42

As do I. In my view you can' t find a more enjoyable fighting game then the DOA series. High impact moves, environmental interaction, lovely visuals and half naked women in short the series offers everything I seek from my fighting games.

Figthing games should all be like DOA, Eye candy, nothing else, if i wanted to play a game where i have to think, id play something else!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: WTF IS wrong with DOA 4 ? - Aug 10, 2007 19:44
Ok, we all know what everyone thinks in MY old thread so read the stuff there and let both threads die.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message