Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 15, 2005 10:56
What' s your opinion on his acting ability?
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 15, 2005 12:11
He is a good actor, but he' s always Tom Cruse in every film.
I mean some actors compleatly transform themselfs when they play different characters Cruse can' t quite do it. you know what I mean?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 18, 2005 06:56
Collateral didnt seem Tom Cruise-like. I think he' s good not my favorite actor, but I think I like the movies he' s in more...if that makes sence.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 18 Jul 05 14:59:13 >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 18, 2005 11:49
I think he is an ass (am I allowed to say that?) and way too overrated

As for his acting, he is ok I guess. He is generally very one dimensional, always playing the same kind of character. One departure was Collateral, and I enjoyed that movie. Possibly because he wasn' t Tom Cruise the hero in that movie, he really was that character. As someone once said, he should stick to flying planes and racing cars, that is what he is good at in movies.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 18, 2005 11:55
To me the character he portrayed in War of the Worlds was SO ' off' for some reason, it' s like he didn' t really fit well into the movie after the beginning portion which is why I felt as if he would have been better served as one of the puny Earthlings that got incinerated during the first attack.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 19, 2005 09:01

felt as if he would have been better served as one of the puny Earthlings that got incinerated during the first attack.

and the peasants rejoiced
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 20, 2005 07:13
I believe he' s a bit over-rated, but you cannot deny the box office sales figures!

He' s a money maker!!! That' s for sure!
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 27, 2005 18:50
I would say so, although The Last Samurai and Collateral were good movies to me.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Jul 27, 2005 19:09
I agree with everyone about him being a good actor except that he can only play one role. But i think it' s a role that can fit into quite a whole lotta movies though. It' s always that " i am a winner" type of role, with that " i am a winner" type of face: the optimistic, almost smirking type of expression on his face, hehe.

That' s why i was surprised to find him in War of the Worlds, working in a construction yard or something. Doesn' t seem like the type of job his personality would portray.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 01, 2005 16:23
I like Tom. He may have been pidgeon-holed into roles in the past, but he' s stretched his acting wings effectively enough. I mean, how could you deny the emotional impact he had in Born on the Fourth of July, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Collateral, and War of the Worlds? I think the problem may be that people have begun stereo-typing him as a certain character, and then when he does something different, they don' t " see him" as that character.

Well, at least everybody (even people who don' t really care for him) like his movies. I think we can all agree that he has good taste when teaming up with writers, producers, and directors.

At least he' s not as one-dimensional as Nick Cage.
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 19, 2005 13:37
first of all, nicholas cage is pretty one demensional. second, tom cruise can act a little bit, but he is a pretty boy. i mean, dont women realize before they date him, like " hey, he is tom cruise. he' s kind of an ass." doesnt that thought ever go through anyones head. and yeah, the last samurai was pretty awesome, but not only cause tom cruise. and minority report sucked. plus he is getting married to Kaite Holmes, and i mean, how not cool is that? she is like my age. what the hell?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 20, 2005 13:36

ORIGINAL: J_Dizzle

and minority report sucked.

You didn' t like Minority Report? Wow. Well, I guess everyone is different. I just thought it was an interesting vision of the future, as well has having some kick-ass action sequences. Oh well.
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 20, 2005 16:14
it ingrained the name of whoever they were looking for on a wooden ball. its the future. c' mon, they couldnt do better than a wooden ball. some of the fight scenes are ok, sure. and i gotta admit, i kinda just hate him cause he is getting married to katie holmes.
Deathtolameness

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 20, 2005 17:45
Ya, I agree OVERATED! I mean he can' t act I think he was a mothers boy and never lied so he can' t act... me I act alot of the time I' m hard to figure out
I can sound cool, childish mad, crazy, happy, (like if you get a lame shirt fo/r your birthday you still have to act nice...and happy but he can' t act shouldn' t we hate him 4 that?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 26, 2005 20:04
" Why would you do(say) that? Thats mean, your a jerk"

(For those living under a rock, ask someone about the Tom Cruise " water" incident)
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 27, 2005 07:26

" Why would you do(say) that? Thats mean, your a jerk"

Hmmm..guess that' s one of the reason(s) to why he was banned.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 27, 2005 09:08
He' s overrated big time. Plus he worships an alien that created mankind(hahaha) that is now trapped on a force field covered asteriod which is flying around our galaxy. Don' t believe me? Look up what scientology is. F-ing whackos...
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 27, 2005 14:48

Don' t believe me? Look up what scientology

man you just told me and i still don' t believe it -_-
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Aug 28, 2005 03:49
I don' t think he' s overrated since he' s not rated so high :)
He ain' t no Russel Crowe or Johnny Depp , but he does appear in great movies (he mostly acts the same stuff - smart and tough ) without ruining them :)

(Minority Report , War of the Worlds , Collateral)
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Tom Cruise: Overrated or Not? - Sep 02, 2005 11:59
i think he' s a decent actor. it' s hard to forget that it' s tom cruise playing the character, but i never think, " he has zero skill" when im watching his films.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message