Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The official Far Cry 2 Thread
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 24, 2008 01:59

Let us know if she shows you her ankle.
I'm sure this young lady is no tease.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 24, 2008 02:01
It's hard being a Jew.  Many of them have to travel to different countries just to get some side pussy.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 24, 2008 02:35
that's assuming they'll let 'em in.

...Though, I suppose the whole point of that place was to get 'em out of everywhere else.

Anyway, humorous bigotry aside, this is already out stateside yeah? If so, I'll pick it up over the weekend.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 24, 2008 08:14
;)
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 24, 2008 08:35
What's weird to me is that the game is supposed to take place in Africa, but for the first couple of hours you're confined to these claustrophobic little hallway-like roads in between unclimbable valley walls.  Your vehicles are puttering along slowly even though their speedometers indicate 80 km/h.  It's just off.  It's an "open" world but you're just buggying along on through these twisty little hallways and fighting at every intersection.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 24, 2008 14:39
i am confused how is this related in any way to far cry 1? did anyone think about that??
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 24, 2008 18:37
Silentbomber

i am confused how is this related in any way to far cry 1? did anyone think about that??

According to reviews and previews its not related.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 25, 2008 02:53
Silentbomber

I think it may be one of those Hulk things. Make a crappy first movie and then bring out a SEQUEL and pretend the first never ever happened.

Anyway, I picked it up today and played a wee bit (Too busy with Fable II ) As expected it is a very, very pretty game with foliage that moves beautifully in the wind. During my initial mission I used the flamethrower exclusively. I wanted to see if the wind direction really affected which way the fire would spread, and it did. No much I can really say so far other than the controls just feel off. I don't know what else to say than that, they just feel off in some way.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 25, 2008 03:51

According to reviews and previews its not related.

I'll bet the Jackal is actually Jack Carver from the original FarCry. No indication as to why, but it'd be a cool plot twist. Wasn't he a gun runner anyhow?

I picked up a rental copy today. My impressions whenever the hell I feel like it. The map editor is fucking amazing!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 25, 2008 14:12
It seems like I'll be getting the game for free. 

I bought a GTX 260 (216) last Friday (I should get it early next week).  I just found out that EVGA is having a promotion and is giving away Far Cry 2 to those who purchased a 200 series card on or after Oct. 23.  Which fortunately for me happens to be the date I purchased my card.  Talk about being full of shit.

Obviously the story isn't related to the first one.  The game isn't even published by Crytek, Ubisoft is the publisher.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 25, 2008 14:14>
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 25, 2008 15:37
I think the game is meant to be more related to the Far Cry console games like Predator etc - in style anyway.  Far Cry 1 was more of a tech-demo anyway.

I liked the trailers for this, with all the Guy Ritchie-esque introductions to the characters in one of them.  Does that style make it into the game?  From the gameplay videos it just seems like a regular shooter, and doesn't even look as nice as I had hoped, just brown.  I'm sure Africa is more colourful in real life.  

I think I'll give this a miss.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 25, 2008 20:14
I can't really recommend this game to anyone... I'm trading it in.  The map editor is fantastic, but that's it.
<message edited by Zoy on Oct 25, 2008 20:16>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 25, 2008 20:35
Do you really think it's that bad Zoy? The biggest problem I'm having right now is the weapon damage. For a game basing itself so much on a realistic environment, it loses something when it takes four or five rounds from a rifle to drop somebody.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 26, 2008 19:24
Downlaoded the PC version.

Poor..

then again, As soon as i heard this game will be cross-plattformed for consoles and PC i knew it would be gimped..

Poor game and poor visuals, compared to PC-dedicted :Crysis, FC2 aint saying shit. 
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 26, 2008 20:11
PC games look better than console games?

GTFO with your lies.
Virtua fighter 5

Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 26, 2008 20:39
Eddie_the_Hated

GTFO with your lies.

Enough with the sarcasm, you know what i mean.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 26, 2008 23:56
Virtua fighter 5

Eddie_the_Hated

GTFO with your lies.

And Wii games look like shit compared to console games, yet you love them?
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 27, 2008 01:47
For those with the 360 copy goto map community and search up publisher "Jiron" That is what all my maps with me under. My first one is up, its part of my Copy of Duty series I'll be making. Someone made shipment and its topping charts. I decided to make Downpour. The layout is similar as well as weather and the likes but I added and modified it in a few different ways nothing major. Give it a looking at and please rate it : ) its at 3.5 stars right now with 54 downloads.

I'm also gonna repliacte some rainbow six maps starting with streets. Eventually when I got my techniques down I'll go full steam into making unique maps.

Anyways the game it self is pretty good. A few minor hates but nothign that will make me stop playing anytime soon. I think the weapons work fine depending on the ones you use. I love the .50 cal since it actually feels like one knocking people out with one clean shot. Most of the other guns I dont seem to have a problem with dropping anyone quick. Its nothing like hardcore mode in cod but its a little better then standard cod killing.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Oct 27, 2008 01:50>
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 27, 2008 03:29
played it, it's pretty much the same game with some GTAish stuff added in.  ZZZZZzzzz
Virtua fighter 5

Re:The official Far Cry 2 Thread - Oct 27, 2008 14:22
immortaldanmx

Virtua fighter 5

Eddie_the_Hated

GTFO with your lies.

And Wii games look like shit compared to console games, yet you love them?

The wii games i love are directed / produced specifically for the wii and unique to that system..  not gimped, wannabe PC titles Ala a huge chunk of the 360 catalogue.

In all, I hate the idea of Multi-platform games, be it Ps2/Psp/Wii, 360/ps3, 360/Pc or 360/Ps3/Pc.

FC2 could have been much better if they directed it to the PC's full potential..
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message