Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Main Wii Thread
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 101
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 06:35
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4170

my link has a picture of the retail box, not sure if its final.

My personal opinion is that Wii dispite its stupid name (why didn' t they name it N5?) will be the greatest success for Nintendo since super nintendo, at least as far as consoles are conserned. I think Nintendo finally rediscovered their place in the videogame industry and will be successful for the same reason DS is killing psp. They' re going to pick up their old role of expanding the industry by bringing in new gamers.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 14 Sep 06 22:41:27 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 06:51

Does anyone knw if the gcn version of tp will be out the same day too? cos someone was telling me it wont.

December 11 is the release date for GCN version (delayed)

Nicely said Junkie - thankfully all 3 consoles manufacturers have made good hardware this generation - being a gamer has never beend better (especially after this ...mediocre generation that we call " current gen" )
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 07:47
I don' t see the point in creating a new thread, so Gangsta, if you could add " confirmed Wii launch/launch period titles" to the topics name...

FIRST-PARTY US WII TITLES
(confirm launch titles in bold)

Battalion Wars II
Big Brain Academy (temporary name)
Excite Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy (temporary name)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Sports (bundled with Wii console)

THIRD-PARTY US WII TITLES DUE BY MARCH 2007
(confirmed launch titles in bold)

- Activision -

Call of Duty 3
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Tony Hawk' s Downhill Jam
World Series of Poker

- Atari -

Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 2

- Atlus -

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

- Buena Vista Games -

Chicken Little: Ace in Action
Disney' s Meet the Robinsons

- Codemasters -

Dance Factory
Sidewinder

- EA -

The Godfather
Madden NFL 07
Need for Speed: Carbon

SSX
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

- Konami -

Elebits

- Majesco -

Bust A Move Revolution

- Midway -

The Ant Bully
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Happy Feet
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Rampage: Total Destruction
[Missing and presumed canceled: Blitz: The League]

- Sega -

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

- SNK -

Metal Slug Anthology

- THQ -

Barnyard
Cars
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab

- Ubisoft -

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Far Cry: Vengeance
GT Pro Series
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Open Season

Prince of Persia (working title)
Rayman: Raving Rabbids
Red Steel

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell: Double Agent

- Vivendi -

Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 14 Sep 06 23:47:46 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 09:07
looks to be a little better than xbox 1 style graphics, i' ll have to see it in action.
Nitro

RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 16:25
Watch the new video of Red Steel, it looks amazing!

LINKY
Nitro

RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 18:02
Supposedly both Iwata and Reggie are in London for todays press conference. Why though?!

Have they saved the best for last?!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 18:28
At IGN I read that the game Metroid Prime 3 was delayed. 2007.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Sep 06 10:29:03 >
Nitro

RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 18:36

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

At IGN I read that the game Metroid Prime 3 was delayed. 2007.

??? ...so?
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 18:40

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Does anyone knw if the gcn version of tp will be out the same day too? cos someone was telling me it wont.

December 11 is the release date for GCN version (delayed)

So that guy was right then ...and no 16:9 support also?. I' m only asking because I don' t mind getting the wii and playing the other games on it but wanna get tp for gcn so I feel at home.
Nitro

RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 20:19
The European conference just got underway. Iwata IS present and security is tight. It looks like Nintendo don' t want any devices (camera' s, phones, laptops etc) there so live updates will probably be out of the question.

We' ll know more soon i guess, the conference should run for the next 45 minutes or so.
Kristian

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 15, 2006 22:09
Is there any news from that conference in London?I am so excited!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 16, 2006 01:31
The gameplay from Red Steel looks like fun, but the graphics do not compare with 360 or PS3 (as expected).

The lack of a DVD playing option on the Wii doesn' t make a damn bit of difference to me. How often do I use a video game console to play DVDs? Try NEVER!

So far, I think I' ll only get games for the Wii that are exclusives, like Red Steel, Metroid Prime 3 and Warioware. Other titles, like Mortal Kombat and Need for Speed, I' ll get for the 360.

First game I' m downloading will be Actraiser!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 16, 2006 20:06
Dasher : Correct - no 16:9 and no 480p for GCN (also the gameplay itself like fishing and other fun parts won' t be as cool on GCN)

I' ve downloaded all high quality Wii movies from IGN

RED STEEL - Looks much much better now (this trailer is so annoying - I hate those stupid " taking cover" clips and shit) and it could be a lot of fun , but I will be surprised if this game receives scores better than 8/10

Excite Truck (I was hoping to get it on launch :( ) - looks fuckin amazing.Water is awesome , draw distance and textures are incredibly sweet.This title alone gives a nice intro of Wii' s capabilities.

Zelda is just gorgeous...

Sonic looks very nice , but it seems like this control scheme is kinda forced and ...sucks - I don' t know about this one ...

I' m almost done downloading 300MB Metroid 3 level walkthrough movie...

OK Metroid is cool , but I' m not entirely sold.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 16 Sep 06 12:27:06 >
ginjirou

RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 16, 2006 20:16
I watched the Metroid Prime 3 level walkthrough yesterday (low quality version though :( ) and I was suprised to see that the lock-on function is still in the game.- Why did they keep that when you supposedly can aim perfectly with the wii-mote? I would understand if you could lock-on the view and then aim the crosshair separately but now it seems the crosshair locks on as well. I don' t understand why they did that. The game looks amazing though and it will probably be really fun regardless of the lock-on feature.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 16, 2006 23:18
Games look nice, but I didnt expect 250 price tag. I know thats cheap, but the Wii isnt the most powerfull machine on the planet.

And those controllers cost more than games? hmmm....

At least us euros arent getting screwed.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 17, 2006 00:05
we' re getting a 40$ game with it so I guess it' s not that bad , but 250 is disappointing to me as well.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 17, 2006 00:06
Stop whining about 250$ it' s a good price ffs.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 17, 2006 00:16
Yeah stop complaining about the price tag!! 250 Euro for a new console and a game at launch is fucking good!!
ginjirou

RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 17, 2006 00:27
The 360 Core is 1000000 times more powerful than the Wii, yet it almost costs the same. A price cut and it will cost the same.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Wii OS - Weather channel , mailbox, News Channel , Photo Album, Virtual Console - vid - Sep 17, 2006 00:28
Ive got a feelin that Excite Truck could be the most god dam fun racing game in ages.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 101

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message