Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 24, 2005 19:00
Ok, I warned you, go no further, cause I started this post to talk abou what peole thought of the movie and what it revealed.

I thought it was freakin awsome first of all, the first half a little less so than the last of course, but still top notch star wars. Obi wan and Anakin in partiular were amazing, the way obi-wan kicks anakins ass at the end there, man, way more gruesome than I thought they' d do. I loved it though when anakins sitting there with arm and legs cut off sinking into the lava and he' s just screaming at obi-wan how much he hates him. It explains why vader hates Obi-wan so much!

The absolute best thing about the movie for me though is the revelation yoda makes to obi-wan at the end that qui-gon has learned to speak from the dead and that he wanted obi-wan to learn this. The reason I liked this so much is because it finally explains why obi-wan just drops his light saber and dissapears in his fight against vader. He gives it all up so that he can speak to luke no matter where he his. In fact I now am pretty sure obi-wan didn' t die there at all, rather turned into a different form of the force.

Ok, I' m done geeking out now, post opinions at will.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 25, 2005 12:27
i was discussing star wars at work today, and one of the thing my co-worker was explaining to me was that anakin was esentially created by the drak side. how does it figure? in episode III, darth sidious tells anakin that his sith master was so gifted in the ways of the force that he could manipulate mediclorons, and he was able to create a person. this would explain anakin having no parents and his mediclorons being way off the scale....
mxpx182

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 25, 2005 12:35
I don' t believe that at all the.ben. Simply because he was the chosen one talked about in prophecy to bring balance to the force, and I don' t think either side could have " made" something to fulfill prophecy.

And here' s one thing I' ll clarify, he DID bring balance to the force, and he WAS the chosen one. The jedi were blind, or at least some were when they were all skippidy do da happy cause they found him and that he would bring balance to the force. What they failed to realize is that at that moment the force WAS out of balance allready. The good far outweighed the bad. I believe this is why yoda does not want him trained in episode 1. Look at the end of episode 3. 2 sith remain alive, darth sideous, and darth vader, and 2 jedi remain alive, yoda and obi wan. Balance achieved.
I think in a way it was some of the jedi' s own short sightedness that led to there downfall by always looking for the chosen one when all along they should have been fearing the chosen one.
the.ben

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 25, 2005 12:41
at the end of episode VI is when they say balance has been restored though...and who remains at the end of episode VI? but one lonely jedi.....so perchance they misread the prophecy and luke was the chosen one.
mxpx182

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 25, 2005 12:44
And yet luke turns evil in the star wars timeline after episode VI.
the.ben

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 25, 2005 12:45
...he is still but one though. the balance....the proverbial pendulum if you will.
mxpx182

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 25, 2005 12:50
did some looking, and after episode 6 apparenly more baddies appear. Plus it' s all a moot point. Anakin is the chosen one. He brings the force to balance. It never says it will go out of balance again, just that he brings balance to it.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 25, 2005 15:31
I' m sorry, I didn' t like this movie. To me the Jedi' s were way too cocky. I mean damn, even Obi-Wan was challenging the General Grevious like he was nothing. Especially the part when he drops behind him and says, " Hey there!" Right there in front of part of his army. A jedi isn' t supposed to do that if you remember the code. They' re supposed to think things clearly and make a decisive strategic attack. The acting was horrible. Even the lines throughout this movie didn' t sound right at times. I don' t believe this to be better than Episode 1. As for instance, the so called fight sequences. Pfft, half of the time all you saw was them jumping around and swinging thier lightsabers. Then the stupid camera would zoom in all the way to see a deadlock or draw in the fights. There was absolutely no signature moves during the fights. In fact, there were hardly any force moves in the fights except for Yoda and the Emperor using lightning and objects. No force push, pull, jumping, the jedi mind trick or other force ways. I' ll say that overall, the best fight sequence throughout all the movies has to be Darth Maul vs Qui and Obi. What made Maul such a badass was the fighting techniques he used against them and the little ways that he used the force against them. That counted and made him have the overall advantage. Seriously tho, General Grevious went down like a punk. He was made to look like nothing. When during the cartoon series and other stuff, he was deemed the Jedi robot killer.
mxpx182

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 07:06
Well thanks for the input Kombatfigher. You are wrong of course, but thanks anyways.

Just kidding! Good to share your opinion, too bad you didn' t like it. One of your main complaints seem to be with obi-wans dealing with general grievous so easily. You appear to have watched the clone wars cartoons, and if you have you should remember that in those Mace Windu kicks general Grievous' s ass at the end of them by force crushing his chest. They go to great detail in the movie to show grievous coughing all the time showing he' s not up to par. Plus, let' s not forget that obi-wan is no ordinary jedi in this movie. He is a master jedi, and I really get the feeling that they wanted to show us that since the first movie he has become one of the elite jedi fighters. Is the best overall fight scene Darth Maul vs qui-gon and obi-wan? Absolutely, no contest there. But Anakin vs obi-wan was very cool( a little over the top though, not neccesary to be on floating thingies on lava) and I even enjoyed Anakin vs Dooku at the start (There' s some of that force powers used you were complaining about lacking in that fight scene as well).
kombatfighter

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 19:18
I mean, all in all it was still a decent movie. But in the end, I wouldn' t buy it on Dvd or Episode 2. I am thankful that it came to a closure. It' s good that George is quitting Star Wars after this one. I' m not trying to drag down SW. I' m a big SW fan and would watch or admire them at anytime. But Episodes 1-3 can be compared in this way towards movie success. Episode 1 is like Batman 2. Episode 2 is like Batman 3. Hence, Episode 3 is like Batman 4. However, I don' t think the Star Wars bombed out as badly as the overly done Batmans.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 20:15
The action in the movie was good. The script and acting was absolutely horrible. the special effects was over done. It looked good in some spots but horrible in many more.

Oh, btw, Anikin was the worst character ever. Absolutely pathetic. He' s on par with Raiden from MGS2 if not worse.
mxpx182

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 20:53
Anikan wasn' t the worst charcter ever, I think just the worst job of portraying him by the actor ever. He was much better once he turned evil, although I hear it' s much easier to act evil than good. He was mostly good at acting like a wooden whiney bitch though.
Rampage99

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 20:56
When he turned evil he was 100x worse than when he was good. the character and the actor just sucked. Lucas can' t write or direct. That' s why Episone 5 and 6 were awesome. He didn' t write or direct either of them.
kombatfighter

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 21:01
Oh yeah...wasn' t it Steven Spielberg? Hold on...checking...brb! Sorry, I was thinking of Indiana Jones!

OUCH!

Star Wars: A New Hope directed by George Lucas

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back directed by Irvin Kershner

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi directed by Richard Marquand

Star Wars 1-3 directed by George Lucas
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 27 May 05 5:08:50 >
Rampage99

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 21:40
Exactly. You can see how the quality of these movies differ.
mxpx182

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 21:45

When he turned evil he was 100x worse

Sorry Rampage, but I just can' t buy this anymore. No way was he worse when he turned evil. It' s pretty obvious you' ve got a thing against the new star wars films. I' m not going to go for that " things were better when I was young" mentality some people have over the star wars movies. This movie was a quality star wars movie, and I will be buyingit on DVD.

About the directing of the movies kombatfighter, I remember George saying he was going to do the same thing with these 3 and only direct the first. Not sure why that changed, but I definely can see how all 3 of these have similar styles while the first 3 differ greatly from flick to flick in style.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 27 May 05 5:47:26 >
Rampage99

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 26, 2005 21:58

ORIGINAL: mxpx182

Sorry Rampage, but I just can' t buy this anymore. No way was he worse when he turned evil. It' s pretty obvious you' ve got a thing against the new star wars films. I' m not going to go for that " things were better when I was young" mentality some people have over the star wars movies. This movie was a quality star wars movie, and I will be buyingit on DVD.

About the directing of the movies kombatfighter, I remember George saying he was going to do the same thing with these 3 and only direct the first. Not sure why that changed, but I definely can see how all 3 of these have similar styles while the first 3 differ greatly from flick to flick in style.

You make it sound as though you' re angry that I' m not as much of fan of the new ones. Don' t get me wrong, they are pretty good films, they just don' t even compare to Episodes 4-6. I enjoyed Episode I. Episode II sucked in great part due to Anikin. I prefered the little kid over this older one. Episode II did a good job of tying things up and have some great lightsaber battles but nothing more.

I hate the adult Anikin. He whined and complained and cried about everything. Everything! I have to live with the knowledge that Luke and Leia were concieved from sympahty sex in Episode II. That disgusts me! Sympathy sex! Anikin had to cry to get sex! And speaking of pathetic, the kid killing scene was down right pathetic. That' s not even evil, it' s below evil. Killing 5 year olds doesn' t come off as anything more than being worse than sh*t. Anikin just f*cking sucked.

Even as hot as Padme was in this movie her acting blew hard. It wasn' t her fault. You can' t act with the lines she had to say. " Hold me like you did on Naboo" . Jesus, it was worse than what soap opera actresses get stuck with.

The only scenes I really liked in Episode III were the parts were Anikin was cut into a gimp, Mace died, R2-D2 f*cked up the robots, Yoda force smaked the hell outta those guards, and the Obi-Wan fights.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 27 May 05 6:01:53 >
mxpx182

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 27, 2005 07:10
Nah, not angry that you didn' t like the movie, but I understand more what you mean by when you say Anakin sucked once he became evil. I thought you meant his acting sucked worse, I think now you mean the actual character became less appealing to you. The kid killing scene for me was worse than evil, it was downright heinous (that word takes me back.....) and that for me was what made his character so great. I wanted to see the utter and total fall from grace, saviour turned archangel.
Sympathy sex is the most likely result of luke and leia I' ll agree, and the only bits I really disliked were the brief interactions between anakin and padme in this movie, again another reason anakin was so much better once he turned evil, there was no more lovey dovey shit.
the.ben

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 27, 2005 08:03
i liked the part with the lightsabres...
mxpx182

RE: Star Wars Episode III. Beware, spoilers aplenty. - May 27, 2005 08:44
..... I will cut you......
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages