Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony in Copyright issue
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 10, 2007 11:55
Bishonen is owning people today.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 10, 2007 19:51
No they are not owning anyone.

Of course one thing overlooked by everyone including myself is that it puts the PS3 into the forefront of peoples minds, publicity albeit adverse will make the PS3 a talking point and this can in most cases boost sales, as stated in a follow up by the BBC it could indeed be a win win situation for both parties.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6738309.stm

As said earlier this weeks conversation between the 2 could make for interesting reading.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 10, 2007 20:00

they see being able to run through a poorly modeled digital recreation of Manchester Cathedral shooting aliens as sacrilegious.

I thought the UK could use to get rid of some of it' s aliens.

Sorry, bad joke, back to business. Correct me if I' m wrong, but didn' t Treyarch put the Empire State Building, Macy' s and a slew of churches in the Spiderman 2 map? Nobody got sued for that. I usually wouldn' t take this side, but this is their idea of trying to take the moral highground. I can' t say I agree with them, but you can' t say that the person doing this wasn' t pushed by someone higher up. As far as most religious institutions go, one person can influence thousands. A handfull of bishops say they want to file a lawsuit? Folks downstairs file a lawsuit. This sort of thing rarely happens over here. (I' ve never heard of a movie or game being taken off the shelves because a Mosque Temple or Church didn' t like the fact that they were being used for filming.)
alijay034

RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 10, 2007 20:24
Your right we could do with getting rid of our fair share of Aliens.

Yes other companies have as you say put landmarks into games, I understand that New Yorkers are not too happy about GTAIV using landmarks.

But this does seem to smell of greed, although when both parties meet for talks on this, it will be interesting to see what the outcome will be, both sides will get something out of this of that there is no doubt.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 10, 2007 20:49
I can' t see The Church of England backing down unless litigation doesn' t go right for them (which it inevitably will), and we know Sony won' t back down, if that is who the lawsuit is being filed against.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 10, 2007 21:20

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Very true. Hell, i even think i saw Gangsta last week, walking down the highstreet all blinged out courtesy of the state...

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 10, 2007 22:02
All I can say is this,ALIJAY SUX ASS,FUCK HIM.

WHat a fucking fag.
alijay034

RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 11, 2007 00:56
Why is that then Quez?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 11, 2007 04:50

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Very true. Hell, i even think i saw Gangsta last week, walking down the highstreet all blinged out courtesy of the state...
Lollercakes. Who knew people claiming asylum got complementary DS Lites. Nobody here is still in contact with him are they?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 13, 2007 00:51
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 13, 2007 01:37
" Chapman explained that there is a provision in the UK' s 1988 Copyright Designs and Patents act which " explicitly states that it is not copyright infringement to represent certain artistic works that are on public display" . This includes buildings and sculptures which are " permanently situated in a public place or in premises open to the public" ."

I knew they had to have somehting like that written down somwhere.

KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 13, 2007 02:26
Judging by Resistance, I must say it' s a very nice looking church. :)

However, if Manchester is having such a huge gun-problems, and it somehow offends them that Sony made such a offending replica, I don' t think the concerned people in Manchester should waste their time in court fighting Sony.
They should be out on the streets picking up all the guns and ammopacks wich were just lying there. I saw how it looked in Resistance, and it' s no wonder there are gun-problems in Manchester, when just anyone who are abit depressed, and want to punish the world, can just go outside and search the sidewalks, and then be stocked up with a minigun, shotgun, and grenades..

I would very much like to show respect for Manchester, and it' s gun problems, and it' s church.
Unfortunately respect has to be earned before it can be given.
I think this is the wrong way to go about earning it, they are shooting at the wrong target when adressing their problems in this case, especially if it really is about guns and crime.
I don' t think it has anything at all to do with this videogame, I think the source of those problems are much closer to home. :-/

Naturally, I really like that people give money to charity program, I also like it when Insomniac gives donates to Childsplay in other peoples name, wich they do in every second week during theyr podcasts.
And I wouldn' t mind that large companies like Sony would be as generous as possible, in dealing with charitable organisations, however this case of ' forced' charity given in court, leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Naturally, it' s a terrible thing that people are victims of gun crime, in Manchester.
And offcourse Sony shouldn' t use those crimes to earn money, and they should offcourse be conciderate not to hurt anyones feeling when they make a game, based on an alternate version of history, in Manchester.
However the church of Manchester, should also be conciderate.
alijay034

RE: Sony in Copyright issue - Jun 16, 2007 08:43
Hmm Sony have apologised and the Church of England have accpeted, so it looks like it was over copyright in the end. Although the accpetance is a barbed one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6758381.stm
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread