Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony get rumble. AGAIN!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 03:59

But then we will all have to buy another controller just for rumble, and The battery will die faster. But hell, I wont say no to it!
Bet you game stores are gonna have a " trade in Sixaxis, get SIXShock $40 off" or something like that.

As Nick Nailor said " That' s the beauty of argument, because if you argue correctly, you' re never wrong" .
Brilliant movie BTW.

i' d expect more advanced rumble than what' s used in 360 and Wii' s controllers.
They' d have to pass up Wii' s rumble. It wasn' t rumble, so much as a small mechanical burp. I think I get a worse buzz from the internal speaker.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 04:48

They' d have to pass up Wii' s rumble. It wasn' t rumble, so much as a small mechanical burp. I think I get a worse buzz from the internal speaker.

lol, thats exactly what I thought. It has struck me as sort of funny, that all it took was a bit of a buzz from the wii-mote to ensure it wasn' t criticized like the sixaxis for a lack of rumble. " Force-Feedback" doesnt really suit it. " Feather Feedback" seems more suitable, and then they could still label it as a FF controller.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 05:22

" Microsoft' s Achievements were a work of genius, we' re not only matching it but we' re giving you somewhere virtual [like a customizable room] to store and view them, ...and you can even visit your friends virtual rooms too! Probably"

Doesnt MS already let you see your friends achievment points? ... and what does probably mean? Does that mean if they feel like it or something?
Dagashi

RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 05:30

Doesnt MS already let you see your friends achievment points? ... and what does probably mean? Does that mean if they feel like it or something?

These aren' t actual quotes as far as I know. He is doing what I did and making hypothetical quotes that we feel could be close to what will be announced, or what should be announced.

The biggest giveaway to me is in the quote " Microsoft' s Achievements were a work of genius" . I can' t see Sony saying that, or even microsoft for that matter..
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 06:17

lol, thats exactly what I thought. It has struck me as sort of funny, that all it took was a bit of a buzz from the wii-mote to ensure it wasn' t criticized like the sixaxis for a lack of rumble. " Force-Feedback" doesnt really suit it. " Feather Feedback" seems more suitable, and then they could still label it as a FF controller.

It' s the thought that counts. As long as fans can safely say they' ve got a feature, no matter how awful, they think they' ve got an advantage. Although, personally, I' d rather they waited on rumble for a half-a-year like Sony, & then release something great. (crosses fingers)
Emotep

• Total Posts : 125
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 06:25
Rumble in the Sixaxis controllers = bad.

Rumble sucks alot of power... and since you can' t replace the Sixaxis battery, this would lead to faster depletion of the battery and as a result, faster diminishing of the battery' s ability to hold a charge.

If they do include rumble in Sixaxis, they also need to redesign it with a replacable battery so you just have to buy a new battery once the battery can' t hold a charge anymore, rather than a new controller.
mastachefbkw

RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 06:42

Rumble sucks alot of power... and since you can' t replace the Sixaxis battery, this would lead to faster depletion of the battery and as a result, faster diminishing of the battery' s ability to hold a charge.

If they do include rumble in Sixaxis, they also need to redesign it with a replacable battery so you just have to buy a new battery once the battery can' t hold a charge anymore, rather than a new controller.

great idea... if their controllers die, than they have to get another meaning... more money for sony mwahahahaha
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 07:19
I' d rather they went back to the original PS3 controller concept. I really liked it.
mastachefbkw

RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 07:36

I' d rather they went back to the original PS3 controller concept. I really liked it.

are you talking about the boomerang controller?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 07:48

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Yep.

I think it would have been cool. It was smaller than much of the promo material made it look...

mastachefbkw

RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 08:04
it looks kinda like it would cripple your hands
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 23:40

Yeah I could See that happing lol
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 04, 2007 23:59
That old ps3 controller was way too small, look at the size of the analog sticks, that would never work.

At least they tried something new, but everybody hated it. I would like it If they did more for the ps3 pad apart from the motion senseing.. [and now rumble]
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 4 Mar 07 15:59:17 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 05, 2007 01:53

Yes, Rumble+Sixaxis=bad. But not for the reason you think. Rumble would cause hella(Im bringing this word back ) interference with sixaxis. Im not quite sure where I read that, or if it was Sony or a Dev who said it, but it was said and makes logical sense.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 05, 2007 04:49

Actually that controller design makes me believe that they had motion sensitivity in mind from the outset. Obviously it would be a lot easier to use that as a steering wheel or flight yoke than the Sixaxis or the rectangular Wii wonder wand. It also looks a lot more ergonomically comfortable than the outdated Sixaxis design.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 05, 2007 05:03
" Actually that controller design makes me believe that they had motion sensitivity in mind from the outset. Obviously it would be a lot easier to use that as a steering wheel or flight yoke than the Sixaxis or the rectangular Wii wonder wand. It also looks a lot more ergonomically comfortable than the outdated Sixaxis design."

I don' t think it looks more ergonomic at all. Maybe it' s more comfortable to hold but reaching the shoulder buttons along with circle amd triangle looks difficult.
Dagashi

RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 05, 2007 06:02

I don' t think it looks more ergonomic at all. Maybe it' s more comfortable to hold but reaching the shoulder buttons along with circle amd triangle looks difficult.

Thats what I thought. I could see some advantages to it, but I think on a whole, it would be a worse design.
mastachefbkw

RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 05, 2007 06:30

Yeah I could See that happing lol

in the year 2030, the leading cause of authoritus is the ps3 controller from 2007
Dagashi

RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 05, 2007 06:35

in the year 2030, the leading cause of authoritus is the ps3 controller from 2007

So far, the Wii-mote wears out my hands the most of any controller to date. It' s so small that you have to wrap your fingers around it completely. I imagine it might be easier if you had small hands, but I don' t, and my fingers cramp up
mastachefbkw

RE: Sony get rumble. AGAIN! - Mar 05, 2007 06:40

So far, the Wii-mote wears out my hands the most of any controller to date. It' s so small that you have to wrap your fingers around it completely. I imagine it might be easier if you had small hands, but I don' t, and my fingers cramp up

The ps2 made me feel like i had carpel tunnel

EDIT: messed up on quotations and i feel like a nub
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 4 Mar 07 22:41:34 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages