Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So, who got Sin City today?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
So, who got Sin City today? - Aug 16, 2005 15:53
I got my copy. I love this movie. I' ll warn you guys right now there are basically no bonus features at all. there is like a 7 minute documentory and that' s it. If you can handle the wait, a collector' s edition is being worked on right now. It' s supposed to be out fairly soon but there is no date. I plan on getting the collector' s edition when it comes out too. I just couldn' t handle waiting any longer to own this movie!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Aug 16, 2005 16:18
I haven' t got it yet but I plan to. I' ve got an extra 20 bucks today, so I' ll probably pick it up tomorrow.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Aug 16, 2005 17:52
i was thinking that today at work rampage...we have the movie playing at my work....kind of....we really only have the option screen running on a loop with the choice to play the movie and i keep wanting to press play and just let every one who comes in be offended......anyways, i was staring at the screen a bit and saw that you could only choose play movie, scene selection, behind the scenes, and set-up...and i started thinking to myself that this is a pretty bare-bones DVD for a movie of this caliber and was then wondering why in the hell everyone was rushng out to buy it and then it hit me; money grab....because everyone who rushed out to buy it will see in awhile the ' special' release and smack themselves, realize they need to see more jessica alba and buy the special edition as well. people seem to learn so well form george lucas....

...considering this movie was almost entirely digital, there' s a ton of making of fotage to be had right there. not to mention comparissons between the comic and the movie, etc.

...then again kill bill (both 1 and 2) where both bare bones DVD' s with not even a stitching of commentary.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Aug 20, 2005 13:03
For this movie, I can wait for the special edition. Very few movies have warrented me going out and getting a standard release when a collector' s edition was imminent. This isn' t one of them.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Aug 20, 2005 18:30
i got it.its a great movie.im always watching it
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Aug 30, 2005 08:20
I still havent seen Sin City -- is it worth buying the dvd blind? I feel like I will love everything about that movie...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Aug 30, 2005 10:18
Buy it. You' ll love the movie(if your into very bloody and violent movies with good humor and stories). You won' t regret the purchase.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Sep 11, 2005 11:07
I might get the special edition, Marv is my favorite character of all time. The movie perchase is worth it just to see him in action.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Sep 12, 2005 20:16
Got the flick of course but am patiently waiting for the extended version....ooooo how I will enjoy the touch of it in my hands...but i dare not taint it so I shall wear gloves!
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Sep 18, 2005 13:25
getting ready to watch Sin City for the first time tonight. cant wait. it' s gonna be awesome.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Sep 25, 2005 21:09
This movie was good but not quite worth, say, watching more than once. Everyone smokes like a chimney in this movie and that is always a huge turn-off for me. Smoking is retarded. It wasn' t quite as fun as Kill Bill 1 or 2 and it seemed to be more style than substance.

On a separate note, who cares if the DVD has any extras or not? I want the movie, not tons upon tons of shots of actors flubbing their lines, and I rarely care what the director or anyone else has to say while they are watching the movie (re: commentary). If the director/actors sit around and talk about the movie, that is almost acceptable, but what I REALLY can' t stand is when they keep interrupting them with clips from the movie and music from the movie is constantly playing. For extras I really like: Trailers, special effects (how they did ' em), and if the movie is really old like Ghostbusters and Back to da Future, interviews with the actors that were shot at the time the movie was being made.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Sep 26, 2005 16:27
Yaaaa but it yer a fan of the comics and enjoy noir style stuff this movie is everything they could ever ask for. I do enjoy a wealth of extras just because... I like to know that extra bit of info, like games it gives you a bit more to do and enjoy.

The extended version should certainly be even far more amazing. Its cool that most of the cast and crew were willing to go back and shoot the additional footage. I' m even more excited that they plan on bringing to life most all the rest of the comics.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: So, who got Sin City today? - Sep 26, 2005 22:07
I finally got to watch this movie and thought it was excellent.

Joe, Joe, Joe -- stop being so negative. Geesh!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll