Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read)
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 66
gamezguru1

• Total Posts : 7
Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 17:19
For many years the news regarding Shenmue and its creator, Yu Suzuki, have been hazy at best. In an almost sudden outburst of news regarding Shenmue - With GameReactor claiming a Wii version of the games being made and Simon Jeffery saying Yu suzuki is no longer is a part of SEGA - Thankfully the latter turned out to be false.

Shenmue III is SEGAs most fan requested game. Obviously, asking SEGA nicely to make it hasn't worked out. We now have to demand it. Although we condemn threats, we do suggest that some mild harassment is in order. Our main plan is to make a billboard and posters that will be visible around Tokyo before, during and after Tokyo Game Show 09. Posters will be on the streets outside SEGAs main office and a billboard outside TGS center. The goal is for SEGA to take notice, something they obviously haven't done. We are imagining that SEGA employees will see them and will there for start talking for them selves. No doubt, the executives will see/hear this and at least prompt a reaction.

Our goal is also to get the mainstream gaming media to take notice, as this is more then likely the biggest gaming collaboration to revive a series. As some may know, the good guys at EDGE magazine - arguably the biggest gaming mag in the world - are huge Shenmue fans. Our hopes are that they will help us.

Mainly we need your help through donations and buying merchandise. Every single penny donated will go to the goal, for ever merchandise bought, 1- 2 dollars will go to the campaign - We are selling these almost at production price.

Are there any other ways you can get involved? Yes, its simple. There are many different ways you can help.

Join the the campaign!
Head over to shenmuecampaign.org and sign up for updates and more.

Xbox 360
Over at www.xbox.com (the official xbox site) they are currently asking the community to suggest Xbox Live Originals games for download. Shenmue is currently the most requested. This is a key chance to get our message across to SEGA and Microsoft. If there is one thing they understand, its money. They see the huge potensial sales numbers. So how can you help? Go to their message board and write a post in the Shenmue Thread, "We demand Shenmue!".

You can also add "We Want Shenmue III" on you gamer card motto!

Sign the petition!
Online petitions are widely regarded as a bit of a joke but it's a well known fact that Yu Suzuki himself mentioned this very petition in an interview which makes the online petition the top of our to do list, Please Sign it and show your support!

Petition

WE WANT YOUR SUGGESTIONS, SEND US A MAIL, POST ON THE FORUM.
HEAD OVER TO THE SHENMUECAMPAIGN.ORG FOR MORE WAYS TO HELP!

As for our first order of business. We want you to write a letter, a note, a one liner or what ever to us. Pictures are welcome. We will also try to get the people who made shenmue what it is to contribute, such as Corey Marshall.

We will print all the letters and pictures and send the same letters every single month, the same date for a year, to SEGA.
Just send us an email, and we will do the rest. To no cost of the Campaign. All out of personal funds.

The time is right to actually push this through. Please, if there is one time we could really force this through and work together. It is now. We don't want Shenmue, WE DEMAND IT!

Sincerly,
The Shenmue Campaign

www.shenmuecampaign.org
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 17:24
Wow... An advertisement. Stupid Ad-blocker doesn't work
gamezguru1

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 17:38
Not advertising. I'm just a big Shenmue fan and were all trying to help get an answer.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 17:44
"Mainly we need your help through donations and buying merchandise. Every single penny donated will go to the goal, for ever merchandise bought, 1- 2 dollars will go to the campaign - We are selling these almost at production price."

You want us to buy things so you can protest outside the SEGA headquarters, buy posters and rent a billboard. That sounds like a commercial.

And isn't the billboard a bit unnecessary?

EDIT::: This forum doesn't like copy-paste
<message edited by Kelvinellenton on Aug 18, 2008 17:45>
gamezguru1

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 17:52
Firstly i don't have any involvment in this other then being a supporter. I am not buying anything but am helping other ways. And if you do donate your getting things in return. Plus the billboard is nessicary were trying to get SEGA's attention.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 18:15
gamezguru1

Not advertising. I'm just a big Shenmue fan and were all trying to help get an answer.

Here's your answer: Fuck off...

Everybody loves Shenmue, but it isn't commercially viable for SEGA right now. We've had countless Shenmue obsessed nutjobs from Shenmue Dojo come here and post shit like this, ...and while Adam may want to keep the bond alive, you won't find what you want in these forums. Sorry.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 19:33
I love Shenmue, but I do not want Shenmue 3 at this time.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 20:04
Been a while since one of you guys have shown up. I enjoyed Shenmue, but I see no real point and all this stuff to get the next installment. If thye see it as financially fit to do so then they will.  Until then forcing them to spend money on something they may not get a big enough return on is really just dumb I guess. Sega in its state can pull such risks.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 20:45
gamezguru1

We don't want Shenmue, WE DEMAND IT!

WTF!

So gamezguru1, based on you actions, you expect SEGA to make Shenmue 3 by protesting.
Who are you and your little group of obsessed fanatics to demand games.
If you want it so bad then make your own version to Shenmue 3, till then wait like everyone else or move on.

PS: You bring the billboards, i'll bring the steamroller.
<message edited by the_shadowwolf on Aug 18, 2008 20:49>
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 22:18
I'd shit a brick if Sega actually did respond to these stupid protests, and then made a two hour long game for XBLA that was thrown together within two weeks.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 22:46
I hate Shenmue, and i never played it, thats what stupid posts like this makes me do
gamezguru1

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 22:51
the_shadowwolf

gamezguru1

We don't want Shenmue, WE DEMAND IT!

WTF!

So gamezguru1, based on you actions, you expect SEGA to make Shenmue 3 by protesting.
Who are you and your little group of obsessed fanatics to demand games.
If you want it so bad then make your own version to Shenmue 3, till then wait like everyone else or move on.

PS: You bring the billboards, i'll bring the steamroller.

Well i'll tell you who the fuck I am. I'm someone that they convinced to buy two games. And these two games made an incomplete story. So I'm someone that has paid £60 for a unfinished game. That who the fuck I am. If no one want's to help then just don't get involved.
mastachefbkw

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 22:57
I think you're problem is that you paid $60 for the game in the first place.
gamezguru1

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 23:36
mastachefbkw

I think you're problem is that you paid $60 for the game in the first place.

£60 is cheap for two games in england. Thats about $120.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 18, 2008 23:47
Then clearly your problem is that you live in England.

Solution:

Move to Canada, we get American prices without having to live with Americans. :)
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Aug 18, 2008 23:49>
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 00:18
Agent Ghost

Then clearly your problem is that you live in England.

Solution:

Move to Canada, we get American prices without having to live with Americans. :)

Unless you have a criminal record...

Then it's not that easy...
mastachefbkw

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 00:40
Don't feel bad Nitro, Canada probably wouldn't except someone who stole candy from a store much less a criminal record. It would just mess up their system.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 01:54
Vx Chemical

I hate Shenmue, and i never played it, thats what stupid posts like this makes me do

That's the problem... there's been so much fuss that if you were to play the game or if Shenmue 3 actually ever came out, you'd be so disappointed because you wouldn't see what all of the griping was about.  It really is a good series and takes time to grow on you and I agree that posts like these won't help the game's perceived image.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 02:13
gamezguru1

I'm someone that they convinced to buy two games.

So they convinced you and now you want to make them pay because you paid £60 for your games. Life is full of disappointments get used to it.
I still don't see how they convinced you. Did they put a gun to you head and say buy this game? Everyone has choice.
The willpower to make a certain decision at any point in time is up to you, unless one believes that someone else made these decisions for you already and now you must understand why or just go with the flow.

Don't worry i'll still bring the steamroller!

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 02:28

ORIGINAL: gamezguru1

Well i'll tell you who the fuck I am. I'm someone that they convincedto buy two games. And these two games made an incomplete story. So I'msomeone that has paid £60 for a unfinished game. That who the fuck Iam. If no one wants to help then just don't get involved.

Hahaha!  Finally, a noob who doesn't back down from you fuckers!  I like this guy.

So, gamezguru1, do you play anything other than Shenmue, or if this campaign doesn't work are you screwed?

And I feel you on the incomplete game tip.  I really liked Advent Rising and that was only the first game in a series that was canceled.
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 66

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message