Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read)
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 66
2ndopp

• Total Posts : 19
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 02:36
How did so many of you become Shenmue haters?  If you see a topic you don't like simply don't open it.  Let those who do, have their discussion.

How would Shenmue 3 be a loss? it has a large Japanese following and equal english following.  one of only 6 Dreamcast games to top 1,000,000 units sold.  The fans are obviously still here since you see them in forums so often.  Plus there is the huge cry out for Shenmue II to be brought to Xbox Originals on XBLA: http://forums.xbox.com/16752814/ShowPost.aspx
The most requested game in their forums with 760,000 views!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 02:45
2ndopp

How did so many of you become Shenmue haters?  If you see a topic you don't like simply don't open it.  Let those who do, have their discussion.

How would Shenmue 3 be a loss? it has a large Japanese following and equal english following.  one of only 6 Dreamcast games to top 1,000,000 units sold.  The fans are obviously still here since you see them in forums so often.  Plus there is the huge cry out for Shenmue II to be brought to Xbox Originals on XBLA: http://forums.xbox.com/16752814/ShowPost.aspx
The most requested game in their forums with 760,000 views!

In truth, it's not that anybody here hates Shunmue.  It's that we're tired of hearing about it.  There's TONS of interesting and fun IPs out there, and people like to whine and cry about ONE fucking game.  People just need to move on.

If you see a topic you don't like simply don't open it.  Let those who do, have their discussion

That's the CRAZIEST shit you could ever say on a forum!  People are here to voice their opinions!  Get used to it, or GTFO!
2ndopp

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 03:13
Yeah but voicing an opinion is different then people just joining a topic to in turn, just whine about the said topic.

Do you see the hypocrisy in complaining to ask people to stop complaining? 
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 03:33
Look 2ndopp... GamezGuru...

This is going to be hard for me to explain to you, so I want you to listen very carefully.

It's not your fault Mommy and Daddy aren't together any more. I know you want them to be together again, and to love each other, but sometimes things just don't work out little man. It's a grown-up thing, and it's very hard to explain. Sometimes something that was good and fun ten years ago just doesn't feel right now. It's nothing you could control, and Mommy and Daddy didn't separate because of you. Just because Mommy and Daddy don't love each other any more, doesn't mean they don't still love you.

The best thing you can do is remember the good times you shared with your Mum and Dad, and try to enjoy yourself now. This will all make sense when you've grown up Kiddo, I promise.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 19, 2008 03:40>
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 04:28
^^^Eddie has just won the post of the month. Your winnings include a Klondike bar, a years supply of Kool-Aid, and a coupon good for 15 internets with your next purchase of $10 or more.

How did so many of you become Shenmue haters?  If you see a topic youdon't like simply don't open it.  Let those who do, have theirdiscussion.

Thats no way to think on Kikizo. Seeing  a topic you don't like gives you more of a reason to open it.

In truth, it's not that anybody here hates Shunmue.  It's that we'retired of hearing about it.  There's TONS of interesting and fun IPs outthere, and people like to whine and cry about ONE fucking game.  Peoplejust need to move on.

I do. Bare in mind that I only played a demo of Shenmue II, but I hated every second of it. As much as I love pushing buttons that flash on the screen, I'd rather play Simon. I'm also tired of hearing about it. It's hard to believe that people would rather spend their time talking about how "teh greatzorz" it would be to have a sequel to one game, when they could be trying newer games.
2ndopp

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 06:51
What makes you think I don't play new games?  Bioshock was amazing, Can't wait for Brothers in Arms and Resident Evil 5...

But I'd like to see how Shenmue ends.  In my 28 years of gaming, it's one of the few that I hold as my BEST gaming experiences.  It's story hooked me, the music some of the best in gaming and the visuals brought it home.  I want that experience again.  Perhaps I could be calmed if they brought Yakuza to 360... but that won't stop the desire to see Shenmue's ending.

Imagine if you will if Star Wars Empire strikes back came out, but they never released Return of the Jedi.  Never knowing what happens to Solo... never getting the satisfaction of an ending.  Thats how we feel about Shenmue.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 07:19
2ndopp

What makes you think I don't play new games?  Bioshock was amazing, Can't wait for Brothers in Arms and Resident Evil 5...

But I'd like to see how Shenmue ends.  In my 28 years of gaming, it's one of the few that I hold as my BEST gaming experiences.  It's story hooked me, the music some of the best in gaming and the visuals brought it home.  I want that experience again.  Perhaps I could be calmed if they brought Yakuza to 360... but that won't stop the desire to see Shenmue's ending.

Imagine if you will if Star Wars Empire strikes back came out, but they never released Return of the Jedi.  Never knowing what happens to Solo... never getting the satisfaction of an ending.  Thats how we feel about Shenmue.

Well, I think that you won't recapture those emotions if a third one is released.  Honestly, I think most fans would probably be letdown.  You can't go back, is what I'm trying to say.  We all have fond memories of games, but the world around us, and our own view of it, changes.  I think most people here would like to see the third and final installment, but it just seems like it will never come to fruition, and if it does it won't be the "earth-shattering" event most fans have built it up to be.  As such, we'd rather let that sleeping dog lie.

Someone should just write a damn book and finish the story.  My vote is for Stephen King.

^^^Eddie has just won the post of the month.

Cosigned!
gamezguru1

• Total Posts : 7
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 13:54
Firstly they never put a gun to my head thats a threat i was convinced theres a diffrence. Also I don't think that the story will be a dissapointment as it was wrtten along with the other game's. And for those who don't like Shenmue just stay away from this topic.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 14:21
Obviously you guys don't know the trouble Shenmue III has caused Kikizo... or the amount of Shenmue related shit we've had to put up with in these forums.

Shenmue isn't commercially viable... unless they sell it to us. We can make even the most pathetic license commercially viable.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 14:59

I think most people here would like to see the third and final installment

Third and final installment...hell no. They had planned at least 5 and I want them. I don't like the idea of finishing the whole story in just one game it would all feel to rushed.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 16:11
Shenmue II was the third, fourth, and fifth chapters. The Third game would be the concluding installment.
Demonoroth

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 17:23
Shenmue 3 was supposed to be chapter 6,7 and 8. And there were about 15 or a few more chapters. So normally Shenmue 3 wouldn't have been the ending of the game. Although Yu Suzuki did once say if I'm not mistaking that at the ending of Shenmue 3 there would have been an acceptable ending.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 18:12

What makes you think I don't play new games?  Bioshock was amazing,Can't wait for Brothers in Arms and Resident Evil 5...

My bad, I wasn't talking directly about you two, I was talking about the Shenmue fans where I live. I know people who haven't bought a console since the dreamcast, just because it doesn't have Shenmue. A few of them bought Xbox1s, but only played Shenmue II and the big exclusives like Halo.
Demonoroth

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 19, 2008 18:30
mastachefbkw

What makes you think I don't play new games?  Bioshock was amazing,Can't wait for Brothers in Arms and Resident Evil 5...

My bad, I wasn't talking directly about you two, I was talking about the Shenmue fans where I live. I know people who haven't bought a console since the dreamcast, just because it doesn't have Shenmue. A few of them bought Xbox1s, but only played Shenmue II and the big exclusives like Halo.

Ok I'm a huge Shenmue fan but seriously not buying anything else because it doesn't have any Shenmue is ridiculous. Buying a console because it would have the series is understandable...but not buying any console because there's no Shenmue...now that's just stupid. Well it's their problem, they are the ones missing out on other good games.
2ndopp

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 20, 2008 01:34
Chee Saw

Well, I think that you won't recapture those emotions if a third one is released.  Honestly, I think most fans would probably be letdown.  You can't go back, is what I'm trying to say.  We all have fond memories of games, but the world around us, and our own view of it, changes.  I think most people here would like to see the third and final installment, but it just seems like it will never come to fruition, and if it does it won't be the "earth-shattering" event most fans have built it up to be.  As such, we'd rather let that sleeping dog lie.

Someone should just write a damn book and finish the story.  My vote is for Stephen King.

I do agree that it may not live up to expectations, thats the sad truth of anything thats highly desired. :(  At this point I would also take a book, a script, a movie... hell anything to just finish the story.

Demonoroth
Third and final installment...hell no. They had planned at least 5 andI want them. I don't like the idea of finishing the whole story in justone game it would all feel to rushed.

but perhaps it needed to be broken up into so many games due to limited disc capacity.  Remember Shenmue I and II were on just about 1 GDrom per chapter.  releasing a 16+ as one complete game wouldn't work.  The xbox re-release of Shenmue II got it down to one disc... and maybe todays consoles could fit the last chapters all on one.

To be honest, my dream release would be Shenmue Saga.  All the chapters of Shenmue in one game, with unreal3 engine.  Could you imagine playing thru I & II again, but totally updated  ::Drool::
<message edited by 2ndopp on Aug 20, 2008 01:45>
XenuChris

• Total Posts : 6
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 26, 2008 22:14
Nitro

Obviously you guys don't know the trouble Shenmue III has caused Kikizo... or the amount of Shenmue related shit we've had to put up with in these forums.

Shenmue isn't commercially viable... unless they sell it to us. We can make even the most pathetic license commercially viable.

Yes, I'm so sorry for all of the Shenmue related shit that we have given you over the years. Despite the fact that Doree was caught lying through his fucking teeth about Shenmue 3 being "right around the corner," (in an attempt to haul Shenmue fans into this shit-hole of a gaming website) and subsequently backpeddalled like nobody's business (in a pathetic attempt to save face, which ultimately failed anyway.) Think before you post nonsensical gibberish, chap.

I'm shocked at how many underage, illiterate pricks plague the Kikizo boards; if you don't want to read this stuff, don't open up the fucking topic. Do you not realise that you are creating a gigantic shit-storm of hypocrisy by "crying and whining" about the people posting these topics?

I'm sure this post will be moderated by some butt-hurt faggot that can't face facts, but whatever.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 26, 2008 22:24
XenuChris

Think before you post nonsensical gibberish, chap.

I'm shocked at how many underage, illiterate pricks plague the Kikizo boards

I'm sure this post will be moderated by some butt-hurt faggot that can't face facts, but whatever.

Yeah, i know.
They come to kikizo and post stuff like this.

XenuChris

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 26, 2008 22:32
the_shadowwolf

XenuChris

Think before you post nonsensical gibberish, chap.

I'm shocked at how many underage, illiterate pricks plague the Kikizo boards

Yeah, i know.
They come to kikizo and post stuff like this.

Whey, one of the little tykes replied to me! Way to take quotes out of context and still manage to fail at delivering any humour; your mothers' mother must be so proud!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 26, 2008 23:00
XenuChris

Whey, one of the little tykes replied to me! Way to take quotes out of context and still manage to fail at delivering any humour; your mothers' mother must be so proud!

There was no "taking quotes out of context", no malice or humour in my post.
You should practise what you preach.
Did you come here to post your opinion on the Shenmue Campaign thread or are you just looking for attention?
XenuChris

Re:Shenmue Campaign (All Shenmue Fans Read) - Aug 26, 2008 23:37
the_shadowwolf

XenuChris

There was no "taking quotes out of context", no malice or humour in my post.
You should practise what you preach.
Did you come here to post your opinion on the Shenmue Campaign thread or are you just looking for attention?

I beg to differ. You chose 3 things that I said, took them out of context by putting a hilarious (read: retarded) little spin on them; implying that they were referring to the topic-creator. (I'm not patronising him here, apparently, he's really slow.) I do practice what I preach, thanks; maybe you should look up the word: "context," find another over-used phrase that is actually relevant, and then get back to me.

I came here to do three things: to point out the incredible ignorance of the tool that I originally quoted, to point out the award-worthy hypocrisy of the various morons throwing a hissy-fit over this topic and finally, to let the topic-creator and 2ndopp know that I support them, and that I take my hat off to them for their incredible diligence in the face of such retarded arse-hattery.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 66

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message