Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!!
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 119
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 09, 2006 09:04

where are you from? Dio?

I' m a Swede, who recently (this summer) moved to a rural village in order to attend the university of my choice.

If, IF this news would turn to be true... What changes should we expect of Shenmue? I mea, with 3-5 years on their hands, they would have to update graphics at least, but what more?

Oh, IF true, then it would come right in time for the next " next generation"
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 09, 2006 13:16
Erm, just clear up. These guys do have a thing with the BBC and it is their comment on Dojo' s forum. It is not Dojo' s own comment. This doesn' t need to get messier than it already is.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 09, 2006 19:21
Shenmue is one of the few games I' ve ever played that emphasizes inner growth, artistic discipline (in this case martial arts), the value of friendship, and reverence for nature.

To reflect upon the fact that the most popular videogame currently, in contrast, is one where you play a cartoony he-man who runs around and impales people with a chainsaw, is to reflect upon the pathetic immaturity of an industry caught in a never-ending loop of arrested male adolescence.

Which is truly for mature audiences, Shenmue or Gears of War?
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 09, 2006 20:36

Yes we are SEGA friendly here, we love SEGA (no matter how many times they mess Sonic up) - but every couple of months somebody comes and calls Kikizo' s article nasty names, causes a huge argument and then disappears. We' re all sick of it.

I can understand that. I' m not one of those though although I' m a member there. I' m more of a regular silent lurker here ;)

Please don' t think i have anything against the guys at Shenmue Dojo. I don' t. I was simply being sarcastic.

I assumed so :P

Y' know people seem to wonder why Kikizo gets exclusive interviews and has close ties with SEGA, but they never talk about Gamerweb. Do they even know?

I think few actually know and often those are the most critical ones.

Shenmue is one of the few games I' ve ever played that emphasizes inner growth, artistic discipline (in this case martial arts), the value of friendship, and reverence for nature.

To reflect upon the fact that the most popular videogame currently, in contrast, is one where you play a cartoony he-man who runs around and impales people with a chainsaw, is to reflect upon the pathetic immaturity of an industry caught in a never-ending loop of arrested male adolescence.

Which is truly for mature audiences, Shenmue or Gears of War?

Interesting point. Every genre has its place of course but it seems the majority of gamers never want to stray from the more accessible violence-based games. Which is a pity of course.
Interstellar Fighter

• Total Posts : 7
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 10, 2006 02:18
Excellent point I must say.

And for whoever questioned the futility of me joining this forum simply for the sake of posting this, I post it here because Adam Doree had so Shenmue fans hooked on his article- people still refer to it now. I' d like answers, and it seems we have some, pretty much blanket statements.

I still call BS on Doree' s article. But thats just an opinion. I post this here for other people to have their point of view, which I believe they certainly do.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 10, 2006 02:23

ORIGINAL: Interstellar Fighter

Excellent point I must say.

And for whoever questioned the futility of me joining this forum simply for the sake of posting this, I post it here because Adam Doree had so Shenmue fans hooked on his article- people still refer to it now. I' d like answers, and it seems we have some, pretty much blanket statements.

I still call BS on Doree' s article. But thats just an opinion. I post this here for other people to have their point of view, which I believe they certainly do.

Perhaps you need to ask yourself why SEGA never asked for the offending article to be removed, or why other than confusing comments made by Suzuki in a different interview SEGA have never disputed the piece.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 10, 2006 08:39
I want to hear them pronounce " Ryo" as " D. Yo" some more. That is why Shenmue 3 needs to be made.
Interstellar Fighter

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 03:30

Perhaps you need to ask yourself why SEGA never asked for the offending article to be removed, or why other than confusing comments made by Suzuki in a different interview SEGA have never disputed the piece.

Because they haven' t really noticed it? Most game companies do not comment on ' rumors and speculation' . It is the view of many that Kikizo' s article was a piece of rumor-mongering. And no, the frikken BBC wouldn' t do that. The BBC asked a direct question and got this responce. biglime, the presenter of the show' s username on the forum, has since posted confirming the source as being higher than " PR representatives" .

And someone before mentioned they haven' t seen it, that' s because it' s BBC Scotland. Arn' t you in Ireland?
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 03:33
If it was something really slagging them off for no reason. SEGA would have asked it to be taken down...they tend to just ignore lies.

sorry i ment ' rumors and speculation' .

The guys from the BBC have named their source...Kikizo have not.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 04:09

The guys from the BBC have named their source...Kikizo have not.

Well, it' s entirely possible that both stories had legit sources. Sega is a big company and decisions have to be made at many different levels to get things moving. Is it so hard to conceive that there might be disagreements within the company itself, and until these are resolved, the company as a whole cannot make a decisive official statement?

Also, it seems reasonable to assume that a lot of the creative people at Sega would want Shemue to continue, and a lot of the accountants and executives would be holding it back because they are more concerned about the bottom line.

Maybe the person who spoke to Kikizo was a creative director trying to exert pressure on higher-ups at Sega by generating some excitement in the press and subsequently the public. It might have been an attempt that didn' t end up having the desired result. It doesn' t mean that the Kikizo article was fabricated.
Nitro

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 04:11
And yet in February of this year SEGA sat down again with Kikizo in another interview... You' d think that if Kikizo had lied then SEGA wouldn' t have any further dealings with them.

Seriously, you guys are retarded and you aren' t doing your friends at Shenmue Dojo any favors as they will all now be seen as troublemakers who come here to stir things.

EDIT: I want to add that after reading through 35 pages of rubbish on your forums, that it appears that you guys aren' t exactly united in your belief that Kikizo made the article up. You people can' t even verify who' s said what to whom and inwhat context. It' s ironic more than anything that you don' t believe what Adam says because y' see there are people who disbelieve what your man of 30-odd posts who works for the BBC says.

I' m curious though, the BBC started this campaign and now have their answer, so when should we expect the verdict to be aired on television?!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 10 Dec 06 20:39:06 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 04:34
Shenmue is horrible.

I see.

I see.

I see.

The day of the incident.

The day it rained. (lmao)

I see.

Can you tell me anything about the day it rained?

I see.

And Adam isn' t going to admit he made all that bullshit up (I wouldn' t either, if I was in his position) even though everyone knows he did. Just let it be a lesson, don' t make bullshit up in the future, it' s not gonna get you anywhere.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 10 Dec 06 20:43:03 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 05:29
I started writing a long post about this but when i clicked the send button I got a " please enter a subject line blabla" so I' m mad right now.
I guess this is the article you refer to:
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200508/141_p1.asp
In short, I think the article contained correct information.
I actually believe that the Shenmue series was nearly done when Shenmue 1 was released. Since the game was made out of chapters with a story that really couldn' t be disrupted they must have believed that the series would be finished. And concidering the amount of money Sega used for development they must have been very confident in the project and therefor I think most things like art, characters, story, gameplay and basic coding was done long ago.
Which means that the article was true when it said that the series was only in hibernation. Never does it say that there' s a 100% chance of a Shenmue 3 on a console. It says it' s likely and that' s probably the truth.
The reason it' s not out yet is probably because they' re playing the waiting game to see which console would be most profitable to release it on.
They probably want people to forget the " failure" with the past games in the series so that it gets a fresh[er] start.
Also there' s the cost of PR campaigns and final development that will cost a shitload of money too.
The only bad thing the article does is that if you doesn' t read it carefully it sounds like Shenmue 3 is being under full development and all that' s left is an announcement. But if you read it carefully you' ll realise that no such thing is ever mentioned.

This was not a wise thing to start the article with though

Amazing revelations as Sega' s mythical sequel prepares for reality on next-gen platforms. It' s nothing to do with the newly announced Ryu ga Goto Ku from Toshihiro Nagoshi. It' s AM2 - and it' s back, with Shenmue 3.

Makes you believe stuff even before you read the full article.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 Dec 06 21:31:53 >
Dead Saint

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 06:02
You got some brown on ya nose Majikdra6on.....
Nitro

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 06:18
Thats your reply? You' re a fucking joke.
Dead Saint

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 06:23
News of the world lies all the time...they still get interviews. Point? nothing.

Fact is Kikizo have never shown any solid proof that there was a source. Even if it was not BS, should not have put the article up without something solid.

Shenmue Online was all the proof you needed, SEGA dont care about the main story anymore they just wanna turn it into a crap MMORPG
Dead Saint

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 06:26
Oh and i lost any respect for Adam after he said this...

Not very professional is it?? But i was always hoping it would turn out to be true. The BBC have shown thats not the case.
< Message edited by Dead Saint -- 10 Dec 06 22:39:11 >
Nitro

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 06:47

ORIGINAL: Dead Saint

Fact is Kikizo have never shown any solid proof that there was a source. Even if it was not BS, should not have put the article up without something solid.

This is what i don' t understand. Kikizo acted exactly as every other website does, ...as every other facet of the media does and yet has been repeatedly badgered about an article that Adam probably wishes he' d never bothered publishing.

Bearing in mind the fact that Shenmue and it' s sequel were financial flops and certainly didn' t have impressive sales figures, what i wonder would Kikizo have gained by making up such a story. Would hundreds of thousands of people suddenly visit the site? No. Would a simple story about Shenmue 3 that didn' t go into as much detail still have brought the same amount of people to Kikizo as the actual published story did? Yes. And so it would be illogical to simply bullshit about a game that to be frank, wouldn' t sell very well at all.

If Kikizo had lied, or had said something that was completely false then they would have been held accountable for it. Since there was no cease and desist letter, no complaint from SEGA - a company that has since been interviewed again by Kikizo, no official rebuttal, ...then it' s safe to say that SEGA didn' t have a problem with what was written.

Now, if i look back just three months, Perrin Kaplan, in a video interview stated as fact that Wii would be region free. Is Wii region free?! No. Instead Nintendo were quick to explain that Perrin was incorrect and that Wii was infact region locked. Going back slightly further, Peter Moore said there would be no more BC updates for 360 because gamers weren' t interested in playing Xbox games and would rather have next-gen titles. What happened?! Microsoft were quick to state that BC was still being worked on and that Peters comments were incorrect.

Looking at other sites, IGN - which had a exclusive deal with Nintendo and as far as Wii was concerned, insisted that there was a final secret to the console and that it was hardware related. There wasn' t, ...but Wii received lots of attention and no doubt IGN' s Wii channel saw it' s daily hit count sky rocket.

We' re now 16 months down the line from Kikizo' s article and we' ve seen numerous people like yourself come and ask for answers and when Adam says that the information was correct at that time, you guys go into your shells and cry foul. Well you can take it or leave it but some know nothing Shenmue fanboy coming and calling the article bullshit isn' t going to be treated with respect as it looks like you' re here to simply cause an argument.

Me, i' ll believe it when SEGA announce it officially. The article was an interesting read and we know for a fact that Adam has connections with SEGA, but Kikizo isn' t SEGA and so like with everything else you take away from it what you want to take away from it. If you' re the kind of person who believes something without knowing that it' s fact and hearing it from the source (in this case SEGA) then more fool you.
Dead Saint

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 06:58
Dont get me wrong i was hyped when it was first posted simply cause it mentioned Shenmue III. But after reading it again i found it to go back on itself a few times.

One minutes its ready and will be released for a next gen console...then it might not get released at all.

Now if Adam could get a screen shot of something from S3 then i think everyone[including me of course] would belive the kikizo article.
Interstellar Fighter

RE: SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 11, 2006 07:15

after reading through 35 pages of rubbish on your forums

My god. Get a life. Seriously.

If you think we have conflicting interests at " our" forums, it' s a thing called opinion. Do you think I personally represent the whole of the Dojo in saying it' s BS? Of course not. Espically in this circumstance where Doree lead quite a few people.

The only reason for this is because Doree certianly lead a lot of people with his article, BS or not, and I' m asking exactly what was the deal. I add my opinion, but it doesn' t reflect everyones.

There' s a possibility Doree was duped by this " source" , for whatever reason.

This is what i don' t understand. Kikizo acted exactly as every other website does, ...as every other facet of the media does and yet has been repeatedly badgered about an article that Adam probably wishes he' d never bothered publishing.

The BBC is media. Moreso than this site, BY FAR. Adam Doree' s article amounded to rumor-mongering, if even the stuff was fact, it simply had no grounding with regards to it' s sources.
< Message edited by Interstellar Fighter -- 10 Dec 06 23:20:29 >
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 119

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread