Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rocky VI finally being made**Update**Rambo inthe works as well
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Rocky VI finally being made**Update**Rambo inthe works as well - Oct 17, 2005 11:54

Greg' s Preview Thoughts:

10/16/05 - Don' t call it a comeback, because it' s been here for years. And years. And years. I' m speaking of course, about the news today that Sony Picture' s three largest film divisions (Columbia, MGM and Revolution Studios) have come together to jointly get this project finally together and in front of cameras in just a few months. A new ' Rocky' boxing movie written and starring Sylvested Stallone has been one of those movies that' s been drifting around as an idea for so long that people often question its reality. Well, after over a decade, it' s finally an actual project, what with production money, a greenlight, all that stuff real movies have... not just listings on movie fan sites.

Back in 2002, MGM announced plans to develop it, but they put serious restrictions on Stallone' s budget, limiting him to $15 million, which might have made it look and feel as " indie" as the original was, but not necessarily in a good way. Now, it looks like Sylvester Stallone has finally gotten the sweet deal he' s been holding out for, and there' s even talk that this could lead to a ' Rambo' revival too. It looks to me like maybe Stallone has put on a few pounds in recent years (hey, the guy turns 60 next July), but you know, the way to look at that is ' Rocky' movies are famous for their training montages. So, if he' s got a few pounds to lose, he' ll probably do it in the montage. Yep, they' re gonna need a montage.

So yes, the classic boxing series is coming back. People used to disparage sequels, but you know, with remakes now being so common that there' s nearly a new one every week... I kind of miss sequels. At least with sequels, you get a new story, not the same old plot points you saw in a movie when you were a kid. Not that the " retired champ gets one last chance at a comeback" angle is entirely new in the sports genre (heck, it was kind of already done in ' Rocky IV' ), but... we haven' t seen it done costarring Roy Jones, Jr. yet! : ) (a remark that will of course seem really dated if Jones turns down the offer next week).

I' ll get a more definitive site link when I can but this guys stuff is usually accurate.

EDIT:Reuters You can find the news on most any entertainment section now.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 1 Nov 05 19:03:52 >
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Rocky VI finally being made - Oct 18, 2005 11:01
I' m a Rocky fan, so of course I' m delighted about this news, a 60 year old boxer is a tad ludicrous though
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Rocky VI finally being made - Oct 18, 2005 14:45
I have died and gone to Rocky heaven...... SIGH!!!!!!! glorious glorious rocky heaven. Can it be true? Can it really be true? But it just won' t be the same with out the 70' s/80' s feel to it and no " Eye of the Tiger" .... unless there is a remake of it.... which might kill it.......hmmm, maybe I will be sad about this in the end.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Rocky VI finally being made - Oct 18, 2005 16:17
As much as I liked the first couple of Rocky' s, 6 is just too damn many -
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Rocky VI finally being made - Oct 18, 2005 16:25
Rocky vs. Jason as a future movie idea... I' m calling it!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 19 Oct 05 0:26:02 >
Mass X

RE: Rocky VI finally being made - Oct 18, 2005 16:58
Nothing will capture that 70/80' s feel more then a MONTAGE!!!

I' m a little afraid to see a 60+ year old guy bouncing around the ring shirtless.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 19 Oct 05 0:59:44 >
Mass X

RE: Rocky VI finally being made - Nov 01, 2005 11:03
Stallone isnt stopping there as now the next Rambo is in the works as well.
Yahoo! Movies
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Rocky VI finally being made**Update**Rambo inthe works as well - Nov 02, 2005 08:03
I' m thinking that the Rocky character will probably be more of the teacher/trainer role in this one...bringing new talent to the ring - kinda like the original Karate Kid.

As for another Rambo...picture a bunch of sixty-somethings trying to play war at the senior citizen home.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Rocky VI finally being made**Update**Rambo inthe works as well - Nov 02, 2005 10:49

Nothing will capture that 70/80' s feel more then a MONTAGE!!!

I love a montage! hee hee hee
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Rocky VI finally being made**Update**Rambo inthe works as well - Nov 02, 2005 11:06
During the training montage, I wanna see Rocky at his old age " CHASE THE CHICKEN!!! CHASE THE CHICKEN!!"

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll