Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 21:42

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Buy a Wii
Won' t overheat
Too weak

I agree with that as in the overheating part, I remember playing my Gamecube 3 straight hour(game' s that require lots of time, resident evil/zelda) no heat related problem or crashes. Is it me or is that Nintendo console tends to survive the harsh years of being use, my N64 still runs like new, and my Gamecube that I got since launch day is in perfect state. No wonder Nintendo manage to sell millions of their products, I guess it was built to last.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 21:44
Definately have to give credit to Nintendo for having some sturdy systems.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 22:56
I think one of the main reasons why Nintendo' s systems last so long is because they have little to no moving parts. NES, SNES, 64 are pretty much just a PCB. Even the GC is pretty tame when it comes to moving parts. The newer consoles tend to have a higher fail rate because single points of failure increase as technology advances. Much easier to keep a system with 0 moving parts in order rather than the hundreds this next gen will have.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 26, 2006 00:29

They putted a fan next to the ps3 afterwards,trying to help it.

But nope it died.

... it died GANGSTA

I can' t stop laughing at this...its like a dramatic scene from a movie there' s even a pause before the final " it died..." I fuckn love it. Quez if I ever play you online you gotta repeat this line in as serious a tone as you can.

Damn I got alot of catching up to do in this forum I hate missing several days in a row.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 26, 2006 02:28

ORIGINAL: Mass X

They putted a fan next to the ps3 afterwards,trying to help it.

But nope it died.

... it died GANGSTA

I can' t stop laughing at this...its like a dramatic scene from a movie there' s even a pause before the final " it died..." I fuckn love it. Quez if I ever play you online you gotta repeat this line in as serious a tone as you can.

Damn I got alot of catching up to do in this forum I hate missing several days in a row.

I know man, where have you been?!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 26, 2006 02:51
Work. By the time Im done for the day I just wanna sleep. So now the only time I got for other things is on my days off. And during those days off I have a choice between being lazy or hooking up with a grip of people and wearing myself out even more. I been alternating. Which reminds me, I got more intriguing pictures for the picture thread.

The cool thing is once I get used to this new schedule of mine I should be able to play all you gamers across the Atlantic more often as I' ll be up and on at the same time now. Just gotta balance the energy out soon and figure out how much sleep I actually need.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 26, 2006 08:42

Except for the NES. That thing was/is a complete piece of junk.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 26, 2006 10:50

Is it something that can happend, its not like a pc,where you can open it and fix the problem
Why not?

A buddy of mine got his Gamecube pushed out of a second story window, bounced out of a bush, and smashed into his driveway, and the beast still booted and read disks. It looked horrible though, the casing was split wide open, and we barely got the power cable in. It was one of the most amazing feats I think I' ve ever seen.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 26 Sep 06 2:51:18 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 26, 2006 13:48
Well considering Nintendo never take a loss for there consoles they pretty much pay there production costs and all the revenue they earn from games are all profit. That means they do not need to take shortcuts in production to reduce loses ala playstation and xbox, and quality can generally be assured. It may seem at first a stingy move, however if you never have to buy a replacement Nintendo console that generation its much better then buying 2 or more replacement units during the life of the console (ps2?)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 27, 2006 07:30
I don' t believe Sony and MS deliberately take shortcuts its just that they tend to build more complex consoles then Nintendo, Maybe not xbox but that thing was a tank and only the Thompson drive fucked it up.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 26 Sep 06 23:31:05 >
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 28, 2006 16:17

Work. By the time Im done for the day I just wanna sleep. So now the only time I got for other things is on my days off. And during those days off I have a choice between being lazy or hooking up with a grip of people and wearing myself out even more. I been alternating. Which reminds me, I got more intriguing pictures for the picture thread.

The cool thing is once I get used to this new schedule of mine I should be able to play all you gamers across the Atlantic more often as I' ll be up and on at the same time now. Just gotta balance the energy out soon and figure out how much sleep I actually need.

I would say your last two post in word for myself (I don' t know what I just wrote means)

Well with the Dreamcast, which got really hot, basically it was the games that was flawed (like Champions of Norrath for PS2 |they need help|).
I don' t buy Flawed games too much (I mostly buy Sega Nintendo Capcom)
The only time stuff messed up on me was when it was terribly scratched or had a close encouter with a magnet.

Until the PS3 comes out we won' t know for sure be it true.
If it messes up on random games then we know it' s the PS3.
< Message edited by Kannon -- 28 Sep 06 8:22:12 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 28, 2006 16:21
My gamecube had a defective laser, so i sent it to be repaired, and they did and i could play my games again!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 28, 2006 16:35
My Gamecube... (Wait, it' s not actually mine)

Well, my Gamecube' s in working order. (Well, my friends)
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message