Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash...
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 53
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 24, 2006 21:15
So now you all know that retail PS3 is overheating.

NICE

Let' s wait and stop making things up, seriously who cares?

I will be disappointed if it' s as loud as 360, I was surprised to hear it might be silent and that was cool.It' s not like a 360 Vs PS3 fight - it' s about consoles to be as good as they can be.

Would you 360 fans want PS3 to be loud and problematic just to say " hey MS isn' t the worst after all, they' re only just as bad as Sony" ?

PS2 wasn' t the most durable hardware to say the least - and I can say that even though I had no problems with my first one (which I sold) and I' m not having any with my slim one.It' s a fact.Just like 360 problems are a fact no matter how many of you have never experienced them.

There have been a lot of PS3 Vs 360 fights lately - I wonder why are those fights back now?

Evil man calling Oblivion and some other 360 games quality gaming before, now says how crappy 360 is and what a waste of time it was.

360 fanboys are acting more stupid than usual too

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 24 Sep 06 13:16:45 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 24, 2006 21:25
Wow, the Kikizo forum which I thought had no fanboys apparently consists of nothing BUT fanboys. Bwahahahahahah!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 24, 2006 21:29
Again, you are failing to understand English. I said...

If this is still going on after launch...

...so since they haven' t launched yet i can' t be talking about retail units can i?!

and I' m not having any with my slim one

Yeah and that doesn' t mean shit because the first slim line PS2' s (of which yours isn' t one) were something like the 8th revisions of the console.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 24, 2006 22:58
that' s why you are a blind fanboy - I said that PS2 hardware is all crap , but I had no problems at all , so it doesn' t mean that 360' s are ok cause someone didn' t have problems.

I guess you should try to understand your own language better too

And by the way :

Yeah and that doesn' t mean shit because the first slim line PS2' s (of which yours isn' t one) were something like the 8th revisions of the console.

This first slim model (v12) was a total disaster with no laser protection - it wat the worst PS2 version (That' s why mine is V15)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 24 Sep 06 15:00:35 >
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 24, 2006 23:07

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

So now you all know that retail PS3 is overheating.

NICE

Let' s wait and stop making things up, seriously who cares?

I will be disappointed if it' s as loud as 360, I was surprised to hear it might be silent and that was cool.It' s not like a 360 Vs PS3 fight - it' s about consoles to be as good as they can be.

Would you 360 fans want PS3 to be loud and problematic just to say " hey MS isn' t the worst after all, they' re only just as bad as Sony" ?

PS2 wasn' t the most durable hardware to say the least - and I can say that even though I had no problems with my first one (which I sold) and I' m not having any with my slim one.It' s a fact.Just like 360 problems are a fact no matter how many of you have never experienced them.

There have been a lot of PS3 Vs 360 fights lately - I wonder why are those fights back now?

Evil man calling Oblivion and some other 360 games quality gaming before, now says how crappy 360 is and what a waste of time it was.

360 fanboys are acting more stupid than usual too

I only assume that most PS3 will be over-heating, it' s not like all of them is in good shape, speaking of the slim-line PS2 I had purchase one and the bad problem was that it was amoung one of the defected AC brick that Sony did a recall back a while ago.
And as far as 360vsPS3 I' m not with that, again the word fanboy really annoy' s me.

' ' 360 fanboys are acting more stupid than usual too ' ' dude whats up with you' re negative attitude, nobody is stupid you know, and if that keeps up, you got hater' s around you.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 07:53

Wow GaNgStA what a square answer, I' m very concern about a console that I will purchase, since there are a few crashes from over-heating from a demonstration stand on E306, I don' t know if $599 will keep the console running good, I bought a 360(20GB sku ver) like 3-4 month ago and since then no kind of problem came around. I notice that the PS3 isn' t release yet, but I' m pretty sure that a few will be defected from over-heating.

You' ll never know unless you read a review or sth - just wait and see what people think about the retail version - not what 360 fanboys throw at you (they didn' t tell you 360 was prone to crashing,did they?).

Sony is no launch master - they have always had problems.We' ll have to see what it is this time - if anything actually is wrong.

' ' 360 fanboys are acting more stupid than usual too ' ' dude whats up with you' re negative attitude, nobody is stupid you know, and if that keeps up, you got hater' s around you.

You must be blind - check other threads (like the one about PS3 core pack value) and you' ll see what I mean) - do your research and then judge my replies.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 24 Sep 06 23:59:47 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 07:58
My brother had 3 ps2 break downs.

Is it something that can happend, its not like a pc,where you can open it and fix the problem,or just dl some new drivers.

About 360 problems,well first of all,360 is like a PC,highly advance and running a lot of things at the same time.

I mean you can even dl a game demo while you play for ex Oblivion at the same speed.

Dl a game/movie while playing a high-end pc game and your pc gonna lagg like hell.

It also support a lot of things to put in yout HDD that could mess things up,but enough about that.

Mostly people who had problems has had the first shipment which seems to had some plast left on the heatsink,tht is hardly MS fault,and they give you a new 360 fast and free,ofc for those who has to wait,you get a compensation(free game).

With ps2?

I never got a compensation,nor a good support line.
You don' t even have to show a receit when sending your 360 to repairs.

Try do that with a ps2 at SONY.

And yes ps3 crashed with RR7,and more crashes will occur.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 08:02

About 360 problems,well first of all,360 is like a PC,highly advance and running a lot of things at the same time.

Sure , so it not only can be unstable , it actually should crash from time to time LOL :)

And yes ps3 crashed with RR7,and more crashes will occur.

His wisdom is absolute I guess kaoru thinks it must be true cause why would Quez be a 360 fanboy right? :)
QuezcatoL

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 08:04
You idiot.

You don' t think some ps3 at launch will crash?

It has always happend,it always will.

But you' re the fanboy who think Ps3 is bullet proof.

The 360 isn' t supposed to crash you idiot,then why would anyone buy it?

It' s just so that there is no 100% proof that it ever will,as with upcoming ps3 or Nwii.
Especially with more power and advance technology the chance is higher ofc.

Thus 360 has crashed more then xbox so far.

It' s not about 360 being a crap console,they done the best they could MS.

And i would think it was the " heatsink" that was the cause of the early shipment problems.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 25 Sep 06 0:05:43 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 08:05
If there is a higher power, this is a sign that Ridge Racer sucks.
QuezcatoL

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 08:07
Well,its intresting that everyone talked how smooth and good this game looked,running in 1080p and 60 framerate,and then this happends.

Now ofc if this was a 360,it would be because 360 is not properly made,and rushed.
Or pushing the 360 to much,.

But now its the games fault.

lol.

Well if it was so,then downgrade it for the ps3.
Nitro

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 08:07

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... (in reply to ]GaNgStA[)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that' s why you are a blind fanboy - I said that PS2 hardware is all crap , but I had no problems at all , so it doesn' t mean that 360' s are ok cause someone didn' t have problems.

I guess you should try to understand your own language better too

I don' t get what you' re talking about. You need to read things properly. That' s the problem here.

I said...

if this is still going on after launch...

...as in AFTER the machine is launched. It hasn' t launched yet, so i' m obvioulsy talking hypothetically. IF the retails units have these problems, then surely i' m ok to bash the people who dwell on 360' s problems.

I' m not saying 360 hasn' t had problems, i' m saying that when people, like yourself, make such a big deal about it -- if it happens to PS3, i can make a big deal about it.
QuezcatoL

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 08:10
The first 1080p 60 framerate game made ps3 crash.

Ofc its intresting,did it push the ps3 to much or not?

Did anyone see that fan?

They putted a fan next to the ps3 afterwards,trying to help it.

But nope it died.

... it died GANGSTA
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 25 Sep 06 0:10:41 >
Nitro

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 09:16

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

The first 1080p 60 framerate game made ps3 crash.

Ofc its intresting,did it push the ps3 to much or not?

Did anyone see that fan?

They putted a fan next to the ps3 afterwards,trying to help it.

But nope it died.

... it died GANGSTA

The point is that the machine got hot. Just like what happened to 360 demo units, just like what' s happened to many retail 360' s.

MY point is that PS3 could suffer the same fate.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 10:53
Alright guy' s lets not bash one another, it' s all base on our opinion on what we might picture. Both next-gen console are support by a powerful one of it' s kind graphic-card, and even if the proccessor runs at 3.4ghz the heat-sink and supported fans isn' t enough to help the heat issue.
I' ve been playing GRAW online and after waiting 10mins in the lobby my 360 is extremely hot, I place it standing up next to the window so the 360 vent is pushing the heated air throught the window.
My Sony Vaio is supported by 2 giant fans and the difference is over-heating is not an issue I can leave it run for several days and it will continue to be active.
So in my opinion the PS3 hardware weaknesses is and will be heat related, because the 360 has already show us it' s share of problem.

2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 16:38
Gangsta while i agree that u r not a sony fanboy but it is clear that u hate the 360 , for watever reason ... And no , ur comment about bioshock doesnt change that fact .. It is obvious that this isnt good news for sony , its almost oct and the console is all set for a nov launch ..
Nitro

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 16:38
I just hope Microsoft put significant effort into doing what Sony did with their consoles and making revised versions, in the process making them smaller and quieter. Ofcourse they' d have to use a different, more efficient coling method.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 17:46
While it' s better for console to work well on TGS - no doubt - this is hardly any indication of what will happen when it' s released.

Year ago if you' d hear that some 360 got smoked while showing GOW demo you would be sayin the same thing I' m saying now.

Do as you like but I can' t flame it before it' s out - it' s just silly to me.

And a nice 360 revision would be awesome , but I waited entire generation for revision of old xbox and it didn' t happen - I wonder if they somehow noticed how Apple , Nintendo and Sony make those revision so succesfully.
Nitro

RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 18:25
I' m not flaming the final devkits. I' m saying that if it happens to the retail versions when they' re released, i' d expect people to complain like they did about 360.

And a nice 360 revision would be awesome , but I waited entire generation for revision of old xbox and it didn' t happen - I wonder if they somehow noticed how Apple , Nintendo and Sony make those revision so succesfully.

If they don' t then they' re retarded. I think they' ll do a black version first and then attempt to make it smaller. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they know PS3 is bigger than 360 and might decide to wait until Sony minimise their machine first. But since reducing the component size reduces cost in the long run, Microsoft would be stupid not to do it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ridge Racer 7 causes PS3 to crash... - Sep 25, 2006 18:44
Buy a Wii
Won' t overheat
Too weak
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages