Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 48 of 48
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T - Nov 28, 2006 05:49

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Uh huh, and i' m going to let these two sad and pathetic (Terrak + mikayd2) individuals argue like know nothing fanboys and make fools of themselves. I' ve said my piece.

I don' t think i ever had a discussion with Mikayd2 at all in this post (have a look carefully). Pretty funny to think you say that when you attack me after misrepresenting my argument, I simply posted some news i found. Then all of the sudden you (Majik) say i think that blu ray is useless when he has no evidence to back it up (where in any of my arguements did i say that blu ray was useless)? WTF? If you read my rebuttle i think i made it pretty clear what my argument was Resistance fall of man does not require blu ray its even the title here, i' ve proven that it could have fitted comfortably in a DVD9. Well if you finished what you had to say here fine, but i too have had my say on the matter.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 27 Nov 06 22:27:54 >
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T - Nov 28, 2006 09:18
Terrak said:

Now its found that the Resistance (8.36GBs) game could fit within a DVD9, with half the blu ray disk filled with FMV(7.0GBs) and ' padding (1.9GBs). Has sonys claims been justified???? I don' t f**' n think so.

Resistance fall of man does not require blu ray its even the title here, i' ve proven that it could have fitted comfortably in a DVD9. Well if you finished what you had to say here fine, but i too have had my say on the matter.

Yeah... If what you say are correct, the Game content would fit in 8.36 GB..
That would leave 0.14 GB on your precious DVD..

Microsoft requires developers to leave around 1.3 GB free space, this is mainly space reserved for 360' s copy-protection and other 360 system software.
So if Resistance launched without FMV, and Sony were able to make a 10 times more size efficient copy-protection than Microsoft, you would be able to fit it on your DVD.

If those scenarios were present, hopefully it would still be enough bytes available for the ' Loading' picture (wich were to be displayed when the CG movies on the Bluray-edition of Resistance were masking load time, when it were loading level data and similar), as well as the necesary text-files (wich were going to tell you the story of Nathan Hale as you progresses in the game) in your DVD-edition of Resistance. :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T - Nov 28, 2006 09:45

ORIGINAL: Terrak

Uh huh, and i' m going to let these two sad and pathetic (Terrak + mikayd2) individuals argue like know nothing fanboys and make fools of themselves. I' ve said my piece.

I don' t think i ever had a discussion with Mikayd2 at all in this post (have a look carefully). Pretty funny to think you say that when you attack me after misrepresenting my argument, I simply posted some news i found. Then all of the sudden you (Majik) say i think that blu ray is useless when he has no evidence to back it up (where in any of my arguements did i say that blu ray was useless)? WTF? If you read my rebuttle i think i made it pretty clear what my argument was Resistance fall of man does not require blu ray its even the title here, i' ve proven that it could have fitted comfortably in a DVD9. Well if you finished what you had to say here fine, but i too have had my say on the matter.

I haven' t got a goddamn clue what you' re jabbering on about. YOU haven' t proven shit, except maybe your distinct hate for Sony. If you read, and ofcourse understood my comments about the cutscenes in Gears of War running using ingame assets as opposed to FMV then you' d see why Insomniac made use of the available space to benefit gamers.

The cutscenes in Gears of War look great, but the framerate isn' t constant and there are regular drops.

Nobody is saying Blu-Ray is needed, but it does have it' s benefits and the games cost the same even though the format costs both more to manufacture and develop using. You started off by linking to a now closed-because-it-was-bullshit forum post on NeoGaf of all places claiming that Insomniac filled the disc with " padding" to make the game seem larger than it actually is.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T - Nov 28, 2006 09:51
Your talking about to different architectures, therefore coding on one system (PS3) would need 8.6Gb although on another system (360) the coding may take say 6.9 to 7.2Gb (or vice versa), whilst the game is the same, the coding will be different. One point that I think everyone is maybe missing is that Sony need to hype blu ray as much as possible, so they may well spread the rumours that blu ray is required, purely to try and prevent the loss of yet more " PS3 exclusives" .
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T - Nov 28, 2006 09:51
you two have been arguing back in forth for quite a few pages of really long paragraphs, and quite frankly im loving it!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T - Nov 28, 2006 09:59

I haven' t got a goddamn clue what you' re jabbering on about. YOU haven' t proven shit, except maybe your distinct hate for Sony. If you read, and ofcourse understood my comments about the cutscenes in Gears of War running using ingame assets as opposed to FMV then you' d see why Insomniac made use of the available space to benefit gamers.

The cutscenes in Gears of War look great, but the framerate isn' t constant and there are regular drops.

Nobody is saying Blu-Ray is needed, but it does have it' s benefits and the games cost the same even though the format costs both more to manufacture and develop using. You started off by linking to a now closed-because-it-was-bullshit forum post on NeoGaf of all places claiming that Insomniac filled the disc with " padding" to make the game seem larger than it actually is.

I admit that Neogaf link was iffy but it did state that the link was not official. The other link i gave was better but still not official. I have no doubt in a few years time blu ray will show its advantages. In Resistance the game could pretty much take up all the space on one DVD9 with ittle to no room to spare, and games like FF will use the generous space to its fullest.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 28 Nov 06 2:05:06 >
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T - Nov 28, 2006 10:02

Your talking about to different architectures, therefore coding on one system (PS3) would need 8.6Gb although on another system (360) the coding may take say 6.9 to 7.2Gb (or vice versa), whilst the game is the same, the coding will be different. One point that I think everyone is maybe missing is that Sony need to hype blu ray as much as possible, so they may well spread the rumours that blu ray is required, purely to try and prevent the loss of yet more " PS3 exclusives" .

No, the same code would take much smaller space in a PS3, since XBox 360 is much smaller logic demands that the code would have to be smaller aswell to be able to fit into the 360..

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Resistance FoM Needs blu ray - BULL$#!T - Nov 28, 2006 18:33
Seriously....

Blu-Ray is never needed because you can always put the game on multiple discs. 10 discs if needs be.
But it is a bonus to have, look at killzone, which according to the gamespot article the game will have 12 (i think) language VO. one disc ready to ship anywhere in the world. Necessary? No. Good? Yes.

I personally hope they fill up the disc with some of the extra stuff like dev commentary, deleted stuff like God of War did but more.

As for saying resistance doesnt need blue-ray... It does NEED it because it DOES have FMV. It is not the same game if not for FMV. they wanted it, it' s in, so they needed the space for HD fmv. (same kinda spin they use to say it wont work on another console) But ultimately who cares?! Are you paying extra for the game above a 360 game?
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 48 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message