Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Request Shenmue II for XBL
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 22, 2007 08:40
Why do you say Shenmue is overrated?

Its more like a interactive movie,and has one of the best gaming stories/adventures I experienced atleast.

One of the best games ever made.

Along with...

FF7
Halo
Starcraft
Baldurs gate2 etc.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 22, 2007 12:02
I didn' t like 2. I' ve got no rational reason to not like Baldur' s Gate 2, but I didn' t.

One was fantastic, and I love Fallout, but 2 just did nothing for me.
2ndopp

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 22, 2007 20:31
I liked 2 just as much as 1. I enjoyed all the new features, but missed some of the old (like there weren' t parks to pump up your skills in?)

I would download it for the sheer reason of supporting Shenmue.

What I would really like to see is Sega to not do Xbox originals with this, and instead, release episodic content of Shenmue. With the size limit seeming to be out the door for downloads, they could break apart all 16 chapters into 16 individual episodes. I think it would be cheaper to do, and easy for Sega to test the water.

I think a lot of people here would quickly download Chapter 1 (from Shenmue 1) and spark re-interest in the series. The biggest thing the fans want is all the games on one system....
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 23, 2007 01:34
The fans? All couple thousand?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 23, 2007 16:34
You are aware that the first sold over a million...?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 23, 2007 23:52
People don' t buy Madden because they' re diehard Madden game fans, they buy it because it' s entertaining. I doubt the number of people who bought Shenmue in the first place would pay top-dollar, or anything close for it now.

Not to mention... weren' t the majority of Shenmue fans from Japan?

You realize he' s talking about making this available on the 360 don' t you?
immortaldanmx

RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 24, 2007 02:13
The first one sold to die-hard Sega fans. You are aware the second sold poorly? If a sequal flops it doesnt get another one. And do you honestly trust Sega to not fuck it up? Other than VF5 they havent put out a good game in years. On a Sega-related note where is the Smilebit studio at and what are they doing?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 24, 2007 03:44

The first one sold to die-hard Sega fans.

And you you can prove that with what?
Or are you just making things up, drawing your own conclusions based on your own preference?
Zoy

RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 24, 2007 11:29

The first one sold to die-hard Sega fans. You are aware the second sold poorly? If a sequal flops it doesnt get another one. And do you honestly trust Sega to not *** it up? Other than VF5 they havent put out a good game in years. On a Sega-related note where is the Smilebit studio at and what are they doing?

I' m aware of that but I regard it as having been bad timing with the demise of the Dreamcast and the lack of marketing for the Xbox version. Personally I' d predict that a new installment could sell about 300k. Which, if made economically, could be a real success. Actually the suggestion that someone had of releasing it as episodic content through XBLA and PSN sounds workable to me.

Condemned, Outrun 2, Yakuza, Super Monkey Ball, Virtua Tennis... all excellent games perhaps overshadowed by the decline of the Sonic series.

As for Smilebit, they, like all the development subsidiaries, were folded back into the larger Sega Sammy business structure. But yeah, I do wish they were still doing their thing as a self-contained entity.
immortaldanmx

RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 24, 2007 12:44

And you you can prove that with what?
Or are you just making things up, drawing your own conclusions based on your own preference?

Well, seeing as the majority of the Dreamcast install base were hardcore sega fans...assumptions can be made.

And I wasnt saying that was bad, the majority of Sega fans had taste. Too bad Sega had to abandon their fans and make garbage after they were purchased by Sammy.

And pooling the studios was fucking stupid. Each had talent and its own artistic style.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 25, 2007 03:48

People don' t buy Madden because they' re diehard Madden game fans, they buy it because it' s entertaining.
Or they buy it because EA are the only ones who have the rights to NFL teams
2ndopp

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 26, 2007 15:00
Actually it sold more in the USA and Europe then Japan.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 26, 2007 15:20
All I care now is that they actually bring Shenmue 3 and finish the damn story already. I so want to see what happens! Yu Suzuki said that the Shenmue story would be finished only in the game form, so I would say we shoudl just try and push his buttons so he actually gets on with it already. Perhaps, if the Shenmue online does well (well, if it ever comes out) then maybe the sparks needed to revive the franchise will appear.
immortaldanmx

RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 26, 2007 20:56
No online game not based off a huge franchise will do well. Only gay stuff like WoW and Everquest do well online.
Zoy

RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 27, 2007 02:57
If they' re going to do an MMO based on it, they should wait until the technology advances enough to actually make it a fun experience instead of a haven for neurotic tedium.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 27, 2007 04:12

If they' re going to do an MMO based on it, they should wait until the technology advances enough to actually make it a fun experience instead of a haven for neurotic tedium.

What kind of technological advancement would you hold out for?
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 27, 2007 05:23

Argh, i see your a true SEGA fan, I totally agree.
Zoy

RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 27, 2007 08:13

What kind of technological advancement would you hold out for?

Sorry, I was just kidding. I was just criticizing how most MMORPGs have an incredibly tedious leveling-up process before the real fun begins. It' s really a design issue, not technology.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Request Shenmue II for XBL - Nov 27, 2007 12:03

Sorry, I was just kidding. I was just criticizing how most MMORPGs have an incredibly tedious leveling-up process before the real fun begins. It' s really a design issue, not technology.

Ah, of course it' s a design issue. I guess I can' t read satire today.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message