Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 10, 2007 12:18

I CAN NOT connect to Live at all! Its this damn new fucking update! When I try to download it, I keep getting this ' Update failed' message which tells me to test connection in System Network Settings. So I do that and everything is connecting fine until it comes to the Xbox Live test and then the fucking update screen pops up again and again. The update just will not work! My internet connection is working fine. I never had any problems before this connecting to live. I am not the only one to have this problem, there are many people on the xbox forums who have the exact same problem with this update. I don' t know what to do........
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 10, 2007 16:40
Sorry to say but it went smoothly for me. Tho I' m sure once the complaints start rolling in the problem should be resolved quickly. Tho its gotta be a pain in the ass to not be able to get onto live.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 10, 2007 21:26
I am sure multiplayer isnt that important. you know games should be able to have a decent stand alone single player too.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 10, 2007 22:05
I' d heard about this happening to people. Bummer dude.

Talk about a lame update though. All they did was prep the system for Guitar Hero III' s guitars. I' m not even buying Guitar Hero with Rock Band on the horizon.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 10, 2007 23:53
Wait,so a guy gets mad that his 360 fucks up,just a week before the new introduction of nanochip 65 mm with a quieter DVD reader and HDMI support?

WTF?!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 00:14

I am sure multiplayer isnt that important. you know games should be able to have a decent stand alone single player too.

Multiplayer is the only thing that' s kept me playing games over the past 5 years! Otherwise I feel like it' s too much of a passive timesink.

I' m not even buying Guitar Hero with Rock Band on the horizon.

Aren' t they talking about expanding Guitar Hero with other instruments (sold separately)? Jeez, I feel like i just typed advertising copy.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 10 Aug 07 16:16:42 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 06:12
Yeah. I don' t fully understand how or who is working on the two separate titles, although I know that they' re somewhat connected. Was it a publisher vs. developer deal? Wasn' t interested in GH until 2 came out, and 3 and Rock Band were being discussed.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 09:53
Update went ok for me, but hadn' t noticed any changes, so if it was just for guitar hero I guess that explains it. Just waiting for harp controller for Harp Hero game!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 10:35
Guitar Hero III is developed by Neversoft, the dudes responsible for the Tony Hawk Series.

Rock Band, on the other hand, is developed on Harmonix, who also did GH 1 & 2.
Duffman

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 12:47
I still won' t fucking update!!! If this problem persists, it looks like I will have to send my console off to the fuckers to sort it out.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 12:48
It pisses me off that I bought GH 2 and it has nothing but shitty songs and now they have GH 3 coming out and it has Metallica and other cool shit...FUKK. I don' t want to buy another GH, I just want the songs.
Duffman

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 12:52

It pisses me off that I bought GH 2 and it has nothing but shitty songs and now they have GH 3 coming out and it has Metallica and other cool shit...FUKK. I don' t want to buy another GH, I just want the songs.

Yeah I thought GH2 had poor songs. GH1 had a better track listing but to get most songs cost a fucking fortune on marketplace. Fuckers Micro$oft. You can always buy the game without the guitar.
Silentbomber

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 21:06
Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band is going to really leave it in the Dust. Both have metallica, and most songs are master tracks which is great. I' l pick up rock band first [with guitar, then get drums] and maybe guitar hero 3 after the holiday rush.

How is your Guitar hero 2 going Agent? I cant wait to play you guys online on some version.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 11, 2007 22:25

Guitar Hero III is developed by Neversoft, the dudes responsible for the Tony Hawk Series.

Rock Band, on the other hand, is developed on Harmonix, who also did GH 1 & 2.
Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying mate.

I' ve learned one thing from playing games, and it' s that you' re always better off sticking with the original developer. I have yet to play a decent sequel that' s been farmed out to another development team.

Yeah I thought GH2 had poor songs. GH1 had a better track listing but to get most songs cost a ***ing fortune on marketplace. ***ers Micro$oft. You can always buy the game without the guitar.

I' ve got a friend who creates custom songs for GHII. Some of the stuff he turns out is amazing.
Agent Ghost

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 12, 2007 02:11
" How is your Guitar hero 2 going Agent? I cant wait to play you guys online on some version."

I suck, I' ve never felt so inadequate for a game. At my best I was able to handle Medium. I stopped playing because it wasn' t fun, the songs suck and I' m too lazy to play.

Duffman is right I can just buy the game, if I ever find GTH3 used I might buy that.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 11 Aug 07 18:12:21 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 12, 2007 12:07

I still won' t ***ing update!!! If this problem persists, it looks like I will have to send my console off to the ***ers to sort it out.

Did you try clearing your caches?
Agent Ghost

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 12, 2007 12:50
I think I have the same problem, or it could be related to my connection issues. I don' t get it. The family computer works just fine but my computer and 360 can' t get a full connection. I' m getting really low bit rates, and the connection keeps dropping out. Most web pages won' t load at all.

EDIT: I think I know what my problem is now, I have 2 computers for the same IP address. Sympatico is too stupid to handle an OS upgrade. I' ll give them so much shit on Monday.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 12 Aug 07 5:11:44 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 12, 2007 22:10
In the time it takes you to become reallly good at Guitar Hero, you could become very passable with a real guitar.
Silentbomber

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 12, 2007 22:50

I know what my problem is now, I have 2 computers for the same IP address. Sympatico is too stupid to handle an OS upgra

not true, as a expert guitar hero player and beginner real guitar player. Real guitar takes allot more time. And guitar hero gives you what to do next and steadly increaseing difficultly, learning real guitar on your own is tough with no real clue what to do.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 12 Aug 07 14:50:55 >
Duffman

RE: Recent 360 update is seriously pissing me off!!! - Aug 12, 2007 22:59

Did you try clearing your caches?

How?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages