Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - Apr 30, 2007 01:17
PC screens...

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 01, 2007 00:51
I think I' m getting Spider-man 3 on the 360.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 01, 2007 02:01
" that gameplay video makes me think its just spiderman 2 with better graphics."

I don' t understand the problem.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 30 Apr 07 18:01:41 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 02, 2007 04:33
well spiderman 2 was good, but if its just the excat same, why bother?
ginjirou

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 02, 2007 05:02
New story, new enemies, new levels. All that remains the same is the gameplay.
If you liked the previous games and don' t want any drastic changes, just more Spidey-action, then Spider-man 3 will probably be a great game. That' s why I' ll probably get it.
ginjirou

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 05, 2007 06:28
Silentbomber

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 07, 2007 08:27
Aw man, Just played Vegas today, for the first time, its a great game. Cant wait for the ps3 version, first rainbow game I like. Noticed some slow down, but maybe that might be gone when its ported, since they are taking there time it could end up like oblivion.

Played graw2. I was Disappionted.
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 07, 2007 10:13

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Noticed some slow down, but maybe that might be gone when its ported, since they are taking there time it could end up like oblivion.

In your dreams.

There' s zero percent chance that the game will improve over the 360 version in any area. Nil. Nada. None.

I am curious though, ...did you play the demo or the retail release? I only ask because the only slowdown in the main campaign is when the physics go mental after an explosion, and even then it' s only minor.

Played graw2. I was Disappionted.

You' re serious?

Did you have the TV switched on?
Silentbomber

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 07, 2007 23:17
well played demos of both. maybe thats explains the slow down in vegas but even if it is a demo it tells you what the game is like.

You' re serious?

Did you have the TV switched on?

its looks great, even better than the hyped gears. but meh, the gameplay isnt anything special.

Maybe i need more time, i' llgive it another chance.
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 07, 2007 23:39

well played demos of both. maybe thats explains the slow down in vegas but even if it is a demo it tells you what the game is like.

That answers the Vegas issue. The demo was awesome but there was a lot of slowdown. In the retail version there is virtually none.

its looks great, even better than the hyped gears. but meh, the gameplay isnt anything special.

Maybe i need more time, i' llgive it another chance.

No, what you need to do is forget the AWFUL demo exists and play the full game. Choosing that level for the demo was by far the stupidest decision they could have made. It' s boring and bland.

Fortunately the game proper DESROYS the demo in ways i can' t describe.

But no, the gameplay isn' t special and the mechanics in Vegas are better than those in GRAW2. But still, they' re amazing games.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 7 May 07 15:40:11 >
Silentbomber

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 08, 2007 02:29
even so, I just dont see myself liking graw, i got the impression the gameplay is very stiff.
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 08, 2007 02:40

even so, I just dont see myself liking graw, i got the impression the gameplay is very stiff.

Yeah, it' s someting that you have to deal with...

It would have been much better if they' d applied the same cover mechanics to GRAW2 that they used in Vegas as it' s much more fluid. But if you' ve played Ghost Recon 2, Summit Strike and the first GRAW and enjoyed them then it' s hard to complain.

What i' m wondering though is whether Capcom will ammend the controls for RE5 because if they don' t i can see a lot of people complaining that you can' t move + shoot at the same time...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 08, 2007 05:10
Forget a what a lot of people think. If Capcom screws with the RE4 formula I' ll be livid.

what you need to do is forget the AWFUL demo exists and play the full game. Choosing that level for the demo was by far the stupidest decision they could have made. It' s boring and bland.

Fortunately the game proper DESROYS the demo in ways i can' t describe.

But no, the gameplay isn' t special and the mechanics in Vegas are better than those in GRAW2. But still, they' re amazing games.

The Campaign mode isn' t anything special, but I' m addicted to the multplayer. I can' t figure how I love this & hated GRAW 1' s online.
Silentbomber

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 19, 2007 06:19
Argh! when is this game out?, Now I am hearing 12th June?

I need something else for the ps3 untill then!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 19, 2007 20:54
...get either FFXII, GoW 2 or Okami for your PS2 instead... ..either title is better than anything currently available on the PS3 buy quite some way....
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - May 22, 2007 05:20

I need something else for the ps3 untill then!

...Cue gif...

Full 576p!
< Message edited by NITRO -- 6 Jun 07 8:47:25 >
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - Jun 06, 2007 17:29
Yay, ...we can finally get back on topic!

US, June 5, 2007 - It' s been a long time coming, but Tom Clancy' s Rainbow Six: Vegas is finally locked and loaded for release on the PlayStation 3. We saw the PS3 version for the first time a few weeks back at Sony' s Gamer' s Day and now have a final copy in our hands. Yes indeed, Ubisoft' s tactical shooter is finally ready to go and we' ve been able to play through the opening segments of the game to see how it stands up.

Obviously, Rainbow Six: Vegas on the PlayStation 3 is mostly identical to what we saw on the Xbox 360 late last year. The bulk of the game has remained the same, though Ubisoft has taken the extra development time to add in a handful of new content and features. Some of those things are related to the online play which we unfortunately can' t talk about just yet (soon though), but there are a few new elements to the singleplayer and co-op modes.

One simple addition is that you' re able to use the Sixaxis to manipulate the snake cam. After sliding it under a door, you can swivel the controller in order to rotate the camera' s view. It' s a small matter to be sure, but it does work well. If you' re not a fan of using the Sixaxis controls, you can switch it off and use the right analog stick.

Another new addition is a revamping of the classic Presidio map as a Terrorist Hunt location. After selecting to play a co-op game, which is playable online, over LAN or split-screen (for two players), you' re placed in an all-too-familiar location that' s seen a few changes. The level seems mostly the same as the multiplayer map, though more boxes and stuff are scattered throughout the level for hiding and whatnot. You begin the level on the outside with the enemies apparently already knowing that you' re coming for them, so if you just stroll up and open one of the suicide doors, well, you' ll see why we gave them that name in the first place. If you' ve played the level in multiplayer before, you' ll know that it' s rather tight and compact, so when filled with a plethora of enemies you can imagine how hectic the battles are.

From a technical standpoint, Ubisoft looks to have the title running identical to what we saw on the Xbox 360. It looks to us like some of the bloom effects and other filters aren' t quite as abundant as they were on Microsoft' s console, for better or worse, which is oddly most noticeable when inside the helicopter and looking at your team before heading into a mission. Once in the heat of the battle though, it looks about as good as we ever remember seeing it.

One strange and disappointing issue that we came across however is that though the game supports 1080i, it' s quite blurry when played at that resolution. Forcing the system to run at 720p clears this issue right up though and everything looks quite crisp. It seems like the game may just be scaling its 720 signal to the higher resolution to help those with displays that don' t support 720p, except that the filtering is pretty poor. This is just a technical guess on our end, but whatever the reason, the game looks much better at 720p than 1080i. As a note, the videos and screens that accompany this article were all taken at 720p.

Control-wise, the game feels spot-on with the 360 version, aside from the standard differences in the controllers. In other words, the movement and look acceleration is exactly what we expected and it' s as responsive as the Xbox title, if maybe a tad bit looser due to the PS3' s analog sticks. Good stuff here.

As mentioned, there' s more new stuff to the PlayStation 3 version of Tom Clancy' s Rainbow Six: Vegas, though we unfortunately can' t talk about it quite yet. But being as the game' s release is a mere few weeks away, you' ll know what those additions are shortly.

IGN have a lot of PS3 screens HERE but they' re an ugly affair. IGN' s own (as opposed to those sent by the publisher) screenshots are always dreadful so even though some people will likely claim that the lighting in the game is flat and texture quality has been reduced, ...until there are better screens and HD video available i can' t make a fair comparison.

I' m buying this game anyway in the hope that the online modes will be improved. The 360 game is fun online but it' s not exactly stable, and it' s certainly not as robust and polished as GRAW2. I' m also planning on playing online with some of the guys here who don' t own 360' s...

Anyway, with any luck this port will be a marked improvement over the PS3 version of Double Agent and lead the way for the apparently great upcoming GRAW2 port.
Silentbomber

RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - Jun 07, 2007 01:39
I just bought the game from an Irish seller, the release date is still a little unknown to me but its coming this june for sure, maybe this firday.

47 euro includeing postage, brand new too, bargin!. I love ebay. And the cherry on the top is that I will get it faster as he is sending it from Dublin.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - Jun 07, 2007 02:02

..get either FFXII, GoW 2 or Okami for your PS2 instead... ..either title is better than anything currently available on the PS3 buy quite some way....

This is the general shit i have to hear all the time..

You like them better.. because your not hardcore enough to realise / understand that VF5 is one of the deepest, finely crafted games ever created for it' s Genre compared with other games in theirs. Years down the line and i know i' ll still be learning new techiques in VF5..

Obviously, you need to be ' in the Zone' Like other VF4/5 Fans but it would be better if people resorted VF5 in a " I hear its a super deep game but it' s too much for me to take and i get bored" .. or " im not sure about VF5 because i never got into it but all the other PS3 games suck" .

I' ll live with that. :)
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas Ps3 - Jun 07, 2007 02:12
Okami, the VF5 killer...
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages