Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 01:53
Fukkin A!!!

Despite having worked in the country my French is shit, so here' s the Babelfish translation of the press release:

Paris, FRANCE - on November 20, 2007 - Ubisoft announces today the nearest arrival of Tom Clancy' S Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 on consoles of new generation and PC. Entrusted to the team of Ubisoft Montreal, already responsible for many times preceded Tom Clancy' S Rainbow Six Vegas, this new opus will leave in March 2008. It will act of the sixth episode of this mark worship which will celebrate its 10 years the next year, with already more than 16 million units sold with the meter. According to Yves Guillemot, chairman of Ubisoft, " Tom Clancy' S Rainbow Six Vegas made the effect of a bomb in the universe of the video game in 2006, while there introducing of only one blow advances technological and innovation in term of gameplay" . " We are certain that Tom Clancy' S Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will make also figure of pioneer in the very competing field of the plays of shooting, and this for the greatest happiness of the fans of the mark Rainbow Six" . The predecessor of Tom Clancy' S Rainbow Six Vegas 2 gained prestigious prices, such as Meilleur Play of Shooting and Meilleur Play on line; this new episode intends to push back even further the borders from the gameplay and the quality of the image which make the fame of the saga. The players will be confronted with a campaign solo offering of the new tactical possibilities, through Las Vegas. New the opus reserve also of surprised of size in modes Co-C$op and versus, and will allow an interaction without precedent between the versions solo and multi-players.

Montreal handled the first game and i' m glad they' re handling the follow up. I though they might have given it to one of their lesser studios - who' d only fukk it up.

I just hope that after having a whole 18-20 months extra (since releasing the first game) t work with UE3.0 they can make as big a graphical jump as Ubisoft Paris did with GRAW2.

I also hope that the PS3 version is up to par with the 360 version, because the PS3 version of the original wasn' t and neither was GRAW2.

Anyways, who here liked the first game?

EDIT: Here' s the English:

Paris, FRANCE — November 20, 2007 — Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it is developing Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 for next-generation consoles and PC. Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, the highly anticipated sequel is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.

“Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas took the gaming world by storm in 2006 thanks to its technological advances and gameplay innovations,” said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “We are convinced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will remain a pioneer in the highly competitive first person shooter genre, bringing more of what Rainbow Six fans love to the table.”

The highly anticipated sequel to the winner of numerous awards, including IGN’s 2006 Best First Person Shooter and Best Online Game, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will push the franchise to new heights by adding new gameplay features and even more stunning visuals. Players will encounter an intense solo campaign that uses new tactical possibilities in various locations around Sin City. As expected with one of the pioneer franchises for online multiplayer Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes, while providing unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes.
< Message edited by Majik -- 20 Nov 07 17:56:36 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 02:29
I liked the first, but it was a bit too much off from the original series, kinda like GRAW went away from the concept as well, especially multiplayer sucked donkey balls.

I might tire of it if the whole thing is set in Vegas again using the same style. I like the idea of seperate scenarios which was in the older series, gave the impression of a wider scope.

Despite all that, i like shooting people so im looking forward to it.

Is Jade Raymond involved
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 02:58
First CoD2 kept me and my crew busy thn came Vegas then CoD4...Im thinking the pattern will hold. I hope they add even more to the custom player.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 03:05
Hehe, babelfish rules.

I loved the controls for Vegas, much nicer cover system than GRAW. Really revived a dying series.

I doubt they' ll do this, but I really want the complexity and tactical aspects to come back. You know plan around the area intel and fully customise your team and weapons to suit, before the mission.

I want 1 shot kills back as well.

Vx Chemical

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 03:13

I doubt they' ll do this, but I really want the complexity and tactical aspects to come back. You know plan around the area intel and fully customise your team and weapons to suit, before the mission.

I want 1 shot kills back as well.

Everything is being streamlined for the young consumer. They dont like having to think or concentrate really hard during games.

I will never forget completing Rainbow Six, and Rogue Spear. Superb gaming
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 03:21
Yeah, Black Thorn and Rogue Spear were my favourites. It went downhill after Raven Shield, but Vegas brought it back.

I even bought a camera for Vegas! Face mapping! lol.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 20 Nov 07 19:22:01 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 03:28
The multiplayer in Raven Shield was the best in all the series. You had respect for bullets in that game.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 04:44
I love...

I want one-shot kills as well. The multiplayer mechanics especially seemed a bit broken. At 10 yards, a handgun to the temple should do the same damage as an assault-rifle.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 07:51
Fucking great news! Vegas was was excellant even though the ending sucked balls!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 07:55
I didn' t even come close to finishing the single player of Vegas. I think I got to the 6th or 7th level and then just started playing the multiplayer. On my original account I used the glitch to get to Elite rank so I could have all the weapons and armors, but when I started my second account, they patched the glitch and everyone else were elites. I shot a guy in the face with an assault rifle and it didn' t phase him....and then he killed me with a fucking pistol. [:' (]
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 16:07
Learn2accountinfo, newfag
Vx Chemical

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 17:09
I dont undetstand leveling in action mulitplayer games, atleast not if it offsets game balance. Everyone should be equal, its no fun if you dont have to fear the noobs because a lucky shot will blow your brains out. Give Rainbow back to Red Storm
immortaldanmx

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 17:37
Have you played Red Storms last game?(AA:True Soldiers) Never let them near R6 again. Ever.
Vx Chemical

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 17:56
I havent played Red Storms games since Rainbow stopped being theirs. Im just sick and tired of everything being turned into the same shit. Rainbow was unique now its standard. a good standard but still just the same as playing any other game.
immortaldanmx

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 18:19
Rainbow is not dumbed down. 1headshot kills, 2-3 body shots kill(realistic when you consider body armor). Dumbed down is Halo 3.
Vx Chemical

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 18:25
Rainbow is not dumbed down. 1headshot kills, 2-3 body shots kill(realistic when you consider body armor.

You never played the originals did you? Your like fucking rambo in that game, its decent when you play realistic, but your still way tougher than the AI. If you get shot a few times just duck away and wait. strategy is naerly void.
immortaldanmx

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 18:54
What is this AI you speak of? Learn2multiplayer, its not like Rainbow has a good story or anything.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 18:54

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I havent played Red Storms games since Rainbow stopped being theirs.

They developed GRAW and GRAW2.

And the best Rainbow game was the Ubisoft Montreal developed Rainbow Six 3, and so Vegas is in good hands.

I see the changes they made as being necessary to expand the audience. They do, after all have to make money. The solution would be to have 2 different game modes, but they obviously can' t change Vegas 2 much at all so it' d have to wait for the next game.
Vx Chemical

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 21, 2007 18:55

What is this AI you speak of? Learn2multiplayer, its not like Rainbow has a good story or anything.

Vegas mp was no match for Raven Shield MP, you actually had to fear getting shot because you would be gimped.
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 00:52
[:' (]
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread